Prolonged Diarrhea
    Dopesick420 is offline Member

Default Prolonged Diarrhea

Hey,

SO yeah, I did make a previous thread about this but it didnt get much attention, and that was a bit ago and im still suffering. I cold turkey'd methadone on July 9th. 70mg, to 0. Its been extremely rough, to say the least. Some of the serious WD symptoms have gone away, but have also crept back over the last couple days. Im on week 5 sobriety, no done, pills, H, etc. One thing that has not stopped though, is the diarrhea. I know that its a no brainer that it happens when you detox, but as iv read, you shouldnt have it for more than 7-10 days. Did i possibly hurt my GIT during this detox? Should I see a doctor by now? It'll be 6 weeks on sunday, and sorry for the graphic detail, but its like im urninating lava outta my rear. Very uncomfortable.

Thanks for any suggestions

Anonymous Guest

Hi DS
    I had the same problem when I got clean, i swear it was months before things went back to normal...get some imodium ad it saved my life...
    talk to you later, Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi DS
    I had the same problem when I got clean, i swear it was months before things went back to normal...get some imodium ad it saved my life...
    talk to you later, Melinda

Thx.

Just update for anybody who cares, or might be in the same boat. Im stil horrible. Finally made a doctors appointment for monday, as its been nearly 2 months of this. No insurance though, and they're going to be doing lab work and a whole grip of other things, so IDK know what im gonna do. But we'll see,

Dopesick

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dopesick420 View Post
    Thx.

Just update for anybody who cares, or might be in the same boat. Im stil horrible. Finally made a doctors appointment for monday, as its been nearly 2 months of this. No insurance though, and they're going to be doing lab work and a whole grip of other things, so IDK know what im gonna do. But we'll see,

Dopesick

Dopesick ...... Doing what you did is totally dangerous stopping methadone abruptly at 70mg? It's no wonder you're still sick. I'm surprised you haven't ended up in the hospital. Yes even two months is not unbelieveable after jumping off cold at the dose you did it from. You're in my prayers. Let us know how it goes with the dr. I think going to the dr is a wise decision for what it's worth. After two months of diarrhea you are probably so dehydrated they will likely put you on fluids in a IV would be my first guess. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-27-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Dopesick ...... Doing what you did is totally dangerous stopping methadone abruptly at 70mg? It's no wonder you're still sick. I'm surprised you haven't ended up in the hospital. Yes even two months is not unbelieveable after jumping off cold at the dose you did it from. You're in my prayers. Let us know how it goes with the dr. I think going to the dr is a wise decision for what it's worth. After two months of diarrhea you are probably so dehydrated they will likely put you on fluids in a IV would be my first guess. God bless.
    Robert,

Thanks. Ya, i know the jump i did was kinda crazy, everybody told me i couldnt do it which made me want to do it even more. Didnt have time or funds to do a proper taper, so had to tough it out. I still feel like dirt. Just dont know if i can afford to miss work on top of having hella doctor bills if they do in fact think i need to be admitted. We'll see tomorrow. Thanks again sir,

Dopesick