Please help! Pain pill addiction!
    megan03 is offline New Member

Unhappy Please help! Pain pill addiction!

Hi. This is the first time that I've ever posted to any forum. I've read through this one several times, that's why I chose this one.....

I'm 23 years old and I've been addicted to pain pills for about 4 years now. It started when I had my wisdom teeth cut out. My stepdad has fibro and he takes percocet for break through pain and for years, he would just hand me pills. Whenever I thought I was finished with pain pills, I would get around them again and start abusing them. Last year I was able to quit taking them on my own because I became pregnant. My unborn child's health was more important to me. My son was born in March via c-section. After my c-section I was prescribed pain pills, so it started all over. Unfortunately since my son has been born I've been having non-stop lower abdominal pain. The doctors don't know whats going on, so on Aug. 23rd I'm having a laporoscopy done so they can figure out whats going on.

Ok, my problem is that since I've been having this lower abdominal pain, I've been taking pain pills. My tolerance level has gone sky high. I do need them to control my pain, but I'm taking WAY too much. And I can't stop. When I wake up in the morning its the first thing I think about and it's the last thing I think about before I go to sleep. I'm so scared that I'm going to end up accidentally overdosing, but being scared isn't enough to make me just stop.

I don't know what to do. Like I said, I need them to help manage my pain, but I'm also addicted to them. Do I try to wean myself down some and then wait until after my surgery to get serious help? My aunt and mother know what's going on. They are there for me to talk to, but I feel that they don't really know how I feel. I'm killing myself and I need to stop taking them. I feel so lost. I'm sorry this is so long, its just hard for me to find the right words to express myself.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Megan
    Don't be scared it will be OK !!! how many pills are you taking now??? I was taking about 40 a day and I'm still here to talk about it so i think you will be ok...
    and when do you go in for your surgery ?
    well get you there !!!

megan03 is offline New Member

Thank you for replying Melinda! Right now I have Vicodin 5/500 and I take at least 10 a day (usually more). I got a refill on 8/4 of 60 pills and now I have 32 left. My surgery is scheduled for 8/23. The doctors don't really know what's going on so its kind of like exploritory surgery, so unless they find out what's causing my pain from that, its not really going to solve my problem. And that will probably cause me to be on pain pills even longer.

Hopewins is offline New Member

Default Hi Megan

I am new to this site as well..I looked at many,this one seems to be genuine.Your situation is pretty much identical to mine,always abused pill but after my c-section I really became physically and mentally addicted. I did not have pain after a while though,so I am sorry to hear you still suffer with it as well as the addiction.

At the time my baby was born,I was given pain meds and within no time I was up to 10-15 pills a day.I can not express to you the amount of fear,confusion and guilt I had(being a new mom,with this precious gift) and wondering could I ever take care of the baby,stay up all night,clean the house etc.without these pills?! I thought I was a complete fraud.And yet everybody kept giving me compliments on my energy and attitude.At 1 point I was given an rx for 120 vics,with 2 refills..I thought I was set with that supply for the summer...a little over a month or so later,they were finished!I knew then I was in big trouble as my thoughts obsessed about ..where to get more.And if I were to go through withdrawals at home...who would care for the baby..and the baby would surely feel my stress and depression...I was a mess!BUT there is Hope!I promise!

hmmm.it's hard to give complete direction,because every story differs ans family involvement as well...how does your husband feel,does he know?...... Megan this I do know,complete surrender and deflation of your pride must occur before you get help.Just like your post! You should state the same to someone you have chosen to trust...do stay away from people who say stop the pills and pull up your boot straps,there is much more to this.And a new life awaits you.I am now on suboxone and ready to get off....and oh what a story!Share it at another time.Please begin to pray,speak to someone who is sober,if you know anyone?You are at a great point believe it or not!I really feel your post is soo important...Please ask Robert325 and Henry for some advice as well and keep checking back for responses..all of our responses together will somehow come together as a plan for you,if you have Faith in God..begin to talk to him now,He is waiting and comes to those who are suffering with urgency...any higher power you believe in is fine at this point.Hope to hear back from you,and sorry if this post is all over the place..I just can not express my concern enough and cant get my thoughts to line up.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    Thank you for replying Melinda! Right now I have Vicodin 5/500 and I take at least 10 a day (usually more). I got a refill on 8/4 of 60 pills and now I have 32 left. My surgery is scheduled for 8/23. The doctors don't really know what's going on so its kind of like exploritory surgery, so unless they find out what's causing my pain from that, its not really going to solve my problem. And that will probably cause me to be on pain pills even longer.
    If I were you I would call your doctor and tell him your in pain and your going to need more pain meds till after your surgery.. till you find out what is going on it is hard to tell you what to do.... now after your all healed up we can fix you the rest of the way !
    keep us posted
    Melinda

Anonymous Guest

just a little story of what happened to me..I was clean for over a year and had to have a hysterectomy ..and yes they mest it up so I had to be on pain pills way longer than I thought... but it all worked out... have some faith they will find out what is going on and then you can get off them..
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Myname33 is offline New Member

Hi everyone I just signed up for this site I know this is an old post but I've been looking on the Internet all morning for any sort of help I can get so if anyone sees this I need a friend who is going thru the same thing as me as no one in my life knows this side of me please help! Thanks! Megan were you able to kick your habit?

istrvler is offline Member

This is an old thread, I would suggest you start your own give everyone a little history of whey your going through. If your own pills what your taking how much and how long and people will come by to help. You will find the people on here supportive and we will help however we can.