percocet withdrawal vs. oxycontin withdrawal
    me_again is offline New Member

Default percocet withdrawal vs. oxycontin withdrawal

Early this year I decided to quit taking oxycontins 20mgs 2 a day. I had been taking them for appox 6 months, and the withdrawal was so severe for me I had family take me to the ER. I feel bad, but I had to lie and say I had the flu. Throwing up, diarehea, nausia, couldn't even keep down water, and could barely lift my head. This lasted about 2 days. In any event, I have relapsed. Only this time, i am taking approx 4-6 percocet 5mgs a day. I know there really is no difference....an addict is an addict. One is not better than the other. But I am hopeful that as I ween myself off this time, last time as it was cold turkey, (never again) that the withdrawals wont be as bad. Can anyone tell me the less amount you have in your system that you are withdrawing from, the better? Or am I faced with that same hell again? I am not trying to scare anyone...every case is different Im sure. But I truely am wondering what it will be like this time. Make that-- praying what it will be like.

Anonymous Guest

Hi me_again

I did it ...LOL I was taking a ton of oxycontin and other stuff and I quit the oxycontin and did a taper with perc's and vic's I got down to two 5mg vick's and then quit buy day four I had a BBQ with 70 people...
    It was in no way as intense as when I tried to quit cold turkey...

I'm excited for you,If you drop down it's not that bad...

Let us know how it goes...
    Melinda

Panic492 is offline New Member

Oxycontin and Percs are the same base medicine-oxycodone. Oxycontin is a slow release if swallowed and percs are immediate release more for breakthrough pain. Try to taper down using the percs.

me_again is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi me_again

I did it ...LOL I was taking a ton of oxycontin and other stuff and I quit the oxycontin and did a taper with perc's and vic's I got down to two 5mg vick's and then quit buy day four I had a BBQ with 70 people...
    It was in no way as intense as when I tried to quit cold turkey...

I'm excited for you,If you drop down it's not that bad...

Let us know how it goes...

Melinda

Melinda..
    how many days do you think I will need to taper for? Today i took 4 percs, but i only have a few left. I do have some tylenol with codeine in the cabinet, just hope i have enough. I don't understand why after I get so violently sick every time I try to quit...I go back to them. I think I've met the devil.

PS. Thanks for responding so quickly to my initial post
    Last edited by me_again; 06-24-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Anonymous Guest

HI panic when you chew them up there are the same as oxyconone I was taking about = to 20 at a time oh I think I know that...FYI

Hi Me again
    I'm not sure how many you have left but I Would drop one more every day till they are gone...if you have not gotten far enough we can use your codeine they will really help you get to a low dose...

and you are so right that is what I call those pills DEVIL PILLS

well get you thru this as easy as possible...

keep me posted on how your doing

Talk soon, Melinda