Ok, so here is my story. I have been clean of all opiates for 40 days now with no relapses.

Addiction - I was taking 2 - 4 10mg/500 hydrocodone per day as a recreation user. I did this for about a year and a half. I understand that to most people, this is not a lot of opiates, but hey they worked for me.

Withdrawal - I decided to quit taking pills back in October. I had some Subutex and took 1mg for 3 days then .5 for two then stopped. The anxiety began the next day and has not stopped for anything. I don't want any opiates and have no cravings. Just this panicky/anxiety feeling. I had one panic attack and ever since I am just worried I am going to have another one. That is my only worry. I'm not worried about work, family, or getting pills. Just my anxiety...and I can't stop thinking about it because it wakes me up in the morning sometimes.

Treatment - I went to the doctor and had my heart checked, liver checked, kidneys checked, etc...Everything came back normal. The doctor prescribed me Lorazepam .5 mg for when started to feel anxiety. This works great, but I don't really want to take it for that long or get addicted to it. The doctor then offered me "Paxil" which is an SSRI. I took this for two days and felt like it was going to kill me. Made me feel like I was on speed and that I was going to die at any minute. It was the worst feeling in the world.

Question - Am I suffering from PAWS? (Post acute withdrawal) Anyone know of a medication that will help me with this anxiety until it is gone? I have never had anxiety in my life, not even public speaking. Only after this addiction. So I don't have generalized anxiety disorder or panic disorder. This was brought on by the hydrocodone addiction or the subutex.

Also, I go to the gym everyday and life weights and run. It is the only time I feel like I am 100% back to normal. But in the morning and at night it goes away and I feel ?????? again.

Any help is much appreciated.