Pain and Sleep Meds in Jail
    distressed455 is offline New Member

Default Pain and Sleep Meds in Jail

I've been taking Percocet and Trazodone for several years. I may have to spend some time in jail. Anyone know of alternatives that might be allowed? I have stomach problems with NSAIDS.
    Thanks.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by distressed455 View Post
    I've been taking Percocet and Trazodone for several years. I may have to spend some time in jail. Anyone know of alternatives that might be allowed? I have stomach problems with NSAIDS.
    Thanks.
    Hi distressed
    I can't say this will happen to you.This is just what happened to my son when he was put in jail.He was a heavy benzo user.He is bi-polar and has panic disorder.
    But they just left him in his cell and gave him nothing he had seizure's and was very comatose,he was in a dream like state and did not even know if he has dreaming or if it was real.When he did come out of it he had to ask me if things happened or if he just dreamed them.These meds were all written by a doctor and they gave him nothing in jail.You would think it would be against the law but that is what they did to him..
    So if you can I would taper and get off of them before you have to go...
    Wish you the best of luck...
    Melinda

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi distressed
    I can't say this will happen to you.This is just what happened to my son when he was put in jail.He was a heavy benzo user.He is bi-polar and has panic disorder.
    But they just left him in his cell and gave him nothing he had seizure's and was very comatose,he was in a dream like state and did not even know if he has dreaming or if it was real.When he did come out of it he had to ask me if things happened or if he just dreamed them.These meds were all written by a doctor and they gave him nothing in jail.You would think it would be against the law but that is what they did to him..
    So if you can I would taper and get off of them before you have to go...
    Wish you the best of luck...
    Melinda
    Jails are full of people in w/d in my area..It does not matter if you have scripts or not.That is a fact.Good luck.
    Last edited by musicman48; 01-19-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

distressed ... unless you have a bunch of money to throw around while you're in jail musicman and melinda are correct. Whether it's right or wrong they don't care about your problem with percs and trazodone while you're in jail. That is the least of their worries I assure you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.