PAIN MEDICATION VS ITCHING
    SUEFROMNH is offline New Member

Default PAIN MEDICATION VS ITCHING

I AM CURRENTLY prescribed 25 MG DURAGESIC PATCH AND OXYCODONE AS NEEDED. WHEN MY DOCTOR INCREASED THE PATCH TO 50 MG I STARTED TO ITCH? I ALSO ITCH WHEN TAKING ULTRAM. I HAVE ALLERGIES TO MITES, HORSES, CATS, DOGS, AND HISTAMINES.

HAS ANYONE ENO****ER THESE PROBLEMS AND IF SO, WHAT HELPED?

THANKS

SUE
    SUE0520@COMCAST.NET

justwhatever is offline Member

I'm no MD, but these are common side effects associated with pain meds. I would suggest you talk to your doctor about your dosage and frequency with yours.

good luck

gya321 is offline New Member

Im no doctor either but have used those medications before and with most opiate/opioid products itching can be a side effect. Benadryl is commonly used with these to relieve it but talk to your doctor he/she shouldnt be surprised.

badlilblonde988 is offline New Member

Almost all pain medication will make you itch, your nose and face especially.You might be taking too much at a time.

Lori Cruser

MelodyGal is offline New Member

Following surgery a number of years ago, I was given morphine for pain. I began itching, and the morphine was discontinued on doctor's orders. I was told that I was allergic to it and not to take morphine or codeine ever. I do not itch from Demerol, Darvocet or any other pain reliever. The itching could be a sign of allergy. Tell your doctor.