Oxy/perco kicking question
    tonester is offline New Member

Unhappy Oxy/perco kicking question

I started taking oxy with alcohol in the evenings about a month and a half ago. I would later take combos of oxy and percocet as it would increase as time went on but I never took over 60 mg of oxy or if it was just perc 2 pills (I don't remember the mg). the gradual increase of dosage to get the high bugged me so I stopped. First day I am fine all day but when it comes to bedtime, alas I cannot sleep because my left arm and my legs were aching and driving me nuts! After not sleeping for 40 hours I caved and took a perc and was asleep in no time. I did this procedure for a about a week (only taking one perc and for sleeping when I would finally cave). I have now decided that I am stopping and have just completed almost two days without and managed to sleep six hours off and on. My arm and legs still ach but not as bad and sleeping felt good (that first night of not caving in really sucked). I am wondering if someone can give me any insight as to what I may expect in the next week or so. It doesn't seem like I got too deep but that first night was so bad and I got to get this sleeping/aching body thing under control soon. It is passed my bedtime once again and I sure hope I can sleep again soon. Any advice would be very welcome cause this is new and dark territory for me...

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You should bounce back very quickly seeing as you were taking small amounts and only for 6 weeks.Good luck to you......Dave

Default Day 3

Finally fell asleep around 8 a.m. and slept about 3hrs. Woke up prematurely though cause my arms were bothering me more like the first day . I was really hoping today would be my over it day... I am never taking those damn pills again! The discomfort and lack of sleep can drive you nuts! Makes me want to drink but I am afraid it will only heighten my symptoms and make me cave in (like it does in every other aspect of life). Thanks for the words of encouragement Dave and if you have any other tips or suggestions (no amount of ibuprofen seems to even effect the ache), I would greatly appreciate it... anyone please...
    tone

Anonymous Guest

Lightbulb

I know this may seem weird...but it was Dave himself who told me this when I was going through withdrawls myself 2 months ago. Go out and walk. Yeah I know but it gets the endorphins pumping that you are not making yourself anymore. It will help you sleep too. When he told me that I was like but I went out and did it and a lot of the symptoms disapperaed. I know what you mean about the ibuprofen too. Nothing but another narcotic is going to take it away so don't even waste your time. Don't worry it will probably disappear in like 4 days I am guessing b/c you really weren't taking to much. Just be careful in the future. Good luck...
    krissy

gaffgirl is offline New Member

Default oranges

Find someone who has suboxins or subuteks. They are an opiod blocker that takes away the pain from the withdrawals, block the effects of the oc's for like 8hrs, and take away the craving. Since u dont do them that much it should make u feel 100times better! good luck

Default beginning Day 4

Took Krissybaby's advice and took an hour long walk. That really helped alot! Much better than flopping around on the couch watching TV. Fell asleep for about an hour right after I got home and felt much better the rest of the night. Still have some insomnia though being that it is 4 am and I only had 4hrs sleep the previous day. I believe I am almost out of the woods and just have to remember how bad I felt down the road so I don't think I can get high again. I couldn't believe how quickly I got hooked on oxy and more physically than mentally. I am so glad I found this forum though. It really helped getting the advice I got from those who replied and passing the time through the worst of it reading testimonials. It helped knowing I wasn't alone. I was really scared that I was headed down a path that would have really been destructive and finding out what I could expect, plus the encouragement made all the difference. Especially since I hid this from everyone. Now I need to come to terms with my alcoholism. I haven't drank these four days but... one thing at a time.
    tone

nurseAlissa is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    Finally fell asleep around 8 a.m. and slept about 3hrs. Woke up prematurely though cause my arms were bothering me more like the first day . I was really hoping today would be my over it day... I am never taking those damn pills again! The discomfort and lack of sleep can drive you nuts! Makes me want to drink but I am afraid it will only heighten my symptoms and make me cave in (like it does in every other aspect of life). Thanks for the words of encouragement Dave and if you have any other tips or suggestions (no amount of ibuprofen seems to even effect the ache), I would greatly appreciate it... anyone please...
    tone
    ok i just did 6 days in detox for percs. oxys and dilaudids, when i was really achy i took hooottt baths to help soothe even sitz baths or anything with a soothing effect. there are creams specialized for achy legs that may help, if u speak to ur dr they can order a benzo that will help u relax and take the edge off, water, sleep. relax really is what does it. the 3rd, 4th day is the worst, u get over the hump and u should be fine

Hot baths are great for the aches and pains especially the legs cramps.Walking is probably the best thing you can do also drink gatorade as much as possible as it restores electrolytes.AmodiumAD is great for stomach problems but you may need 5-6 pills at a time.Try and eat high protien foods for the next few months to help with your energy and healing of your brain.Good luck.....Dave

Default Day 4/ Beginning Day5

Feeling much better. Taking long walks in the afternoon and appetite is good. Drinking lots of fluids. Aching in arms and legs still there. Not as severe but still enough to only allow me no more than a few hours sleep a day. Occurs mostly at bedtime. This is the longest I have gone without drinking in a few years as well. Sure wish I could get some kinda idea how long these strange aching sensations would last for. I would really like to get back on a normal sleeping schedule sometime soon. I have a three hour lecture to get through tues thru thurs and it is really hard on three to four hours sleep. ?Anyone know how long these blasted aches will last for???
    tone
    Last edited by tonester; 06-26-2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: missed a word

Anonymous Guest

Default Tonester....

The aches and pains will probably last a few more days. Like the others have said, hot bathes will be your best friend right now. I am glad you are doing better now. I now how you feel about getting hooked so easily. I never imagined it would happen in a million years. Another thing your sleep patterns should slowly get back to normal over the next week. Don't be afraid to take some Unisom or Tylenol Pm at night to help you sleep. Take of yourself and check back and let me know how you are doing.....krissy

Dave87666 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by gaffgirl View Post
    Find someone who has suboxins or subuteks. They are an opiod blocker that takes away the pain from the withdrawals, block the effects of the oc's for like 8hrs, and take away the craving. Since u dont do them that much it should make u feel 100times better! good luck
    There is no need for something like suboxone for messing around with opiates for such a short time,and in fact he will just end up getting addicted to suboxone when he did'nt have a "real" addiction to begin with....

Tone---Just do as others have been telling you,and you will be just fine...Keep in mind that these things are NOTHING to just play with...If you think that you're in agony now what you're going through is a joke compared to being addicted to opiates for a long time,and then trying to kick! Dope sickness sucks and trust me you havent felt ANYTHING near what its really about...

rosie789 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave87666 View Post
    There is no need for something like suboxone for messing around with opiates for such a short time,and in fact he will just end up getting addicted to suboxone when he did'nt have a "real" addiction to begin with....

Tone---Just do as others have been telling you,and you will be just fine...Keep in mind that these things are NOTHING to just play with...If you think that you're in agony now what you're going through is a joke compared to being addicted to opiates for a long time,and then trying to kick! Dope sickness sucks and trust me you havent felt ANYTHING near what its really about...
    [QUOTE]=rosie789;Dave read lot of your threads in different forums, seems u give good advice and i just want to say thank you. i have o/a and since feb have been on oxycodone, kept being ill with stomach then more recently started getting lots of other side effects so i have gone cold turkey. this is my third day and advice read from you and others in this thread has been extremely helpful. i had no idea of what i had gotten into. great drug for pain such shame i couldn't tolerate (or whas it?) looks like i might have had lucky escape! serves myself right for not looking into this more at start but then again sometimes because of pain u have to give these things a try. bcause of my pain i can't take walks or hot baths (get around on mobility scooter) but i release my energy by listening to music just left with sore stomach now cant wait til that goes away any way thank you all for help

Christiangrl is offline New Member

I was addicted to hydrocodone and I know it os sooo hard! But I am here to tell you there is hope. I to tried to quit and couldnt get through the sleepless nights,but you can do this. I have been off of those demon pills for about 2 weeks now and I feel like a new person. I would always try to quit and give in when those restless legs would start twiyching. I finally made the decision to go all the way with it. I said a prayer to God and made up in my mind that for my family and for my life I was going to quit. You did the right thing by trying. I know that you felt awful but that is normal for about 3 days. The worst day will probably be your second day: this was the day I had the hardest with but dont give in you can do this and believe me I know it is so hard. Youll cry and you will feel like ******************** for about 3 days but if you can get past that third day evrey day thereafter will be better. I will pray for you and I hope the best for you.
    Former Addict-April

sparkey is offline Junior Member

I read all the post and agree with everything. Take long walks it will make you tired. I also like to take a whirlpool bath and just soak for a bit and relax. I have restless leg syndrome and i know how painful that is. I actually had it before i ever did any pain pills and was diagnosed with it years ago. Before i was diagnosed with it i use to use " ben gay" all over them and it made me feel much better. If I did not have any " ben gay" i would rub my legs in alcohol. Do not dilute it. I would go onto the couch and prop my legs up with a pillow underneath. I remember many nights crying cause my husband was snoring away and i was so jealous of him being able to have a good night sleep and i could not as tired as i was. It is like fighting to get to sleep.

Also i would try a nice warm cup of coca with milk in it. I was always told when you have a hard time sleeping at night to have a hot cup of coca made with milk. The milk makes you tired. Maybe that is why babies are fed warm milk at nighttime? LOL. Who knows. I tried everything. Now i have lorazepam 1 mg at night with soma. If you can stay away from the meds it's much better. Good luck.

Unhappy

[QUOTE=Christiangrl;181241]-hi, nice to read your post but i'm afraid i've landed myself in a bit of a mess and wondered if anyone knew how long this would last because i am supposed to be having my second knee replacement in four weeks but if i still don't feel well enough they told me to cancel it. i'm looking forward to getting this op over and done with so i can get my freedom back because i've felt like i've been "shackled" for the past 13years. i am 49years old, but feel younger and have been "crippled" since i was 36yrs
    i have a lot of catching up to do and fun to have.
    my problem is i'm on my 10th day of coming off oxycodone and withdrawal has been more than hell. i managed to cope with initial withdrawal but on the 3rd day i started with pain in my stomach and abdomen, by the 4th day i was in agony and had to go to the hospital. the doctor there couldn't understand why i hadn't felt the pain sooner. he decided that the oxycodone must have been masking the pain. he gave me lotomil and merbentyl. two days after this i had run out of tablets so went to my doctors still in a lot of pain and still with the (excuse me) poos. he gave me a repeat prescription of the same tablets. i had to go to the hospital for my pre-op assessment the next day and they did loads of tests and i should here about them on monday. problem is my stomach and abdomen are still very sore and i still have the poos. does anyone know how long this is likely to last. the nurse i saw at the hospital says she thinks i might have lost the/some lining off my stomach this will show in the tests i've had. please reply to my post if you've had a similar experience. i came off the oxycodone because i had the runs for two weeks before i came off them and lots of other times from when i started taking it in february. i also started towards the end to develop lots of the other side effects-itchy, numb,blotchy fingers, blurred vision, headaches, nausea, my linings in my throat swole up i felt quite ill and knew i had to take myself off.
    rosie789
    Last edited by rosie789; 07-14-2007 at 01:15 PM.

kezapeg is offline New Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    I read all the post and agree with everything. Take long walks it will make you tired. I also like to take a whirlpool bath and just soak for a bit and relax. I have restless leg syndrome and i know how painful that is. I actually had it before i ever did any pain pills and was diagnosed with it years ago. Before i was diagnosed with it i use to use " ben gay" all over them and it made me feel much better. If I did not have any " ben gay" i would rub my legs in alcohol. Do not dilute it. I would go onto the couch and prop my legs up with a pillow underneath. I remember many nights crying cause my husband was snoring away and i was so jealous of him being able to have a good night sleep and i could not as tired as i was. It is like fighting to get to sleep.

Also i would try a nice warm cup of coca with milk in it. I was always told when you have a hard time sleeping at night to have a hot cup of coca made with milk. The milk makes you tired. Maybe that is why babies are fed warm milk at nighttime? LOL. Who knows. I tried everything. Now i have lorazepam 1 mg at night with soma. If you can stay away from the meds it's much better. Good luck.
    Hi Sparkey, Restless, painful legs and arms is my main problem at the minute. I've tried everything. My husband thinks i'm making it up sometimes i feel. I do myself sometimes. It's mind over matter sometimes but last night my arms were terrible. I couldn't sleep at all!! I think i dosed off at 3am but was awoke about 30mins later with the pain in my arms. Now that can't be imaginary can it?
    i ended up getting up havin a hot milky drink, watched TV a bit. Spoke with my night owl son. Went back bed but couldn't get rid of the feelings at all. so once again i got up. Back on the settee. 2 paracetemol only as i'm currently going thru codeine/dihydrocodeine withdrawal, Day 5. I don't want to take anything stronger. I was still awake at 7am!!! Decided to try my bed again and managed to dose fitfully with lots of wierd dreams til 10am. Tryin to keep myself awake today so i'm shattered tonight in the hope my arms or legs don't start again. Any more suggestions,
    Regards
    Kerry.
    (E mail Kezapeg@aol.com) UK

kezapeg is offline New Member

Exclamation Sleeplessness

Quote Originally Posted by krissybaby View Post
    The aches and pains will probably last a few more days. Like the others have said, hot bathes will be your best friend right now. I am glad you are doing better now. I now how you feel about getting hooked so easily. I never imagined it would happen in a million years. Another thing your sleep patterns should slowly get back to normal over the next week. Don't be afraid to take some Unisom or Tylenol Pm at night to help you sleep. Take of yourself and check back and let me know how you are doing.....krissy
    Hi Krissey, I can also recommend thru past experience, Acupuncture for sleeplessness. I recently, May 3rd, 07, w/d from Amphetamine abuse of which i had a considerable £20-30/day habit for 2 years or so. I actually got it free through mt local Druglink organisation. They have been more than wonderful. In desparation i wrote a letter to them on May 3rd posted it direct and went home to detox alone!! Being the bank holiday i didn't hear anything until the tuesday when i had 2 messages left on my Mobile. I went to Druglink on the Thursay for my first of an initial twice weekly rehab councelling session and from there my councellor who is brill put me onto June who performs the acupuncture. All free thankfully. I had a course of about 5 weeks up to 2-3 times a week and it helped. i was suffering with sleeplessness and predominantly headaches. Thankfully they went. Give it a go mate. Get out your Yellow Pages or equivolent and look up local drug advice peeps. They are there if you look i can assure you mate.
    Hold on in,
    Kerry.

dyann7 is offline New Member

hi, i am currently going cold turkey of of percocet. i was taking 1-2 pills a day for most of a year. I didn't have a prescription but my friend did for pain and i started taking them because it made me feel happy and more outgoing in social situations. i noticed recently if i missed a day or two that i would get diarhea and flu like symptoms (body aches, fever). i noticed about 5 days ago i was retaining water in my feet and hands and my knee joints hurt so bad i could hardly walk up or down stairs. the water retention and joint pain is going away some. i still feel a deep "bone ache" sometimes throughout the day. I took some motrin for pain today. so basically I haven't had a percocet since tuesday and it's now saturday and i feel somewhat better. I still want to take one but i am scared now because of the symptoms i'm having.

It's good that your stopping now because your showing physical signs of addiction withdrawl.If you can don't take anymore percocet.What happens over time is that the chemical structure of your brain changes and it then becomes very difficult to get back to your previous self (if that makes any sense).Alot of addicts that quit suffer for months and sometimes into the years with PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawl Syndrome).The symptoms include lack of energy,depression,body and joint pain,lack of sleep and so on.So you're very fortunate that you have kept your abuse under some control and it would be in your best intrest to stop now while you can.Good luck to you and hang in there.....Dave

looks like i'm one of those unlucky people where these withdrawal symptons are going to go on forever. today is my 12th day not taking oxycodone and still i have stomach and abdomen cramps and diarhoeaa and i feel so weak and tired. its 2 in the afternoon and i've only just got washed and dressed, i feel to weak to shower. i have no energy and i keep going dizzy. i just want all this to go away, now reading previous post from dave i think i'm in for a rough ride by the looks of things. oh well i suppose things could be worse. i think they would have been a lot more serious if i hadn't stopped taking those pills when i did. anyway thanks for input and i'll go away and feel sorry for myself a bit more now....rosie789

Smile

update-3 weeks since i quit oxycodone, feel ok now at last. still have diarhoeaa though but stomach & abdomen feel fine now (no cramps) had to cancel operation, suggested it to doctor and he agreed with me that i should give myself more time to recover from this so its been put back 6 weeks. had loads of tests done to make sure i'm ok for this op. i never want to go through this ever, ever again. glad i found this site though because it gave me an insight into what i should expect although because i tend to be naive about these sort of things i was shocked at what i read and what i was about to go through. when i read the quotes here it scared me but i needed to know this information so that i could be prepared. Everything that is said is how it is and the advice was also helpful. So glad this is all over with and would like to thank everyone out there for their input

Good luck Rosie and let us know how your surgery goes.......Dave

HelpMePLEASE29 is offline New Member

Unhappy Please.....Help..

Hello guys-
    I really need some help, advise, suggestions....something. I went down the OC road to hell and now Im living a double life. No one around me knows what IM going through. I try to hide it with the pills...I am now to the point where I want to badly to stop but I cant. I live with my fiance and if I stop, like I tried to do last weekend, I get really clammy and have really bad cold sweats. He kept asking me why and I just replied "I don't know" I am really truely serious about stopping. I stopped for 2 weeks with suboxins (spelling?) and I was totally fine, then I slipped back into it..I don't even know why I did it again, I was soo good. Now, I tried to stop last weekend and I was so sweaty and clammy it was disgusting. Does anyone know how to decrease the clammyness when Im sleeping? ANYTHING? If he finds out, my life will be at rock bottom. He will leave me,and I don't blame him. I can't go to a clinic for the fear of my job finding out...very corporate, professional company...I jsut want to get this over with and get it done, with out anyone knowing what I am going through. I can work with the pain aspect and the uncomfortableness in the my legs, I just need some type of help with being clammy. WOuld any of you have any ideas for me, please. I have read so many writings from alot of you and I know you know what Im going through, which makes me feel not so alone, but still really scared. please. I really look forward to reading your replies. Thank you all.

You need to get on suboxone and not just for a week or two.Opiate addiction really messes with the brain chemistry and it takes years for it to return to normal, if it does at all.
    So your not going to find a quick fix.Go to www.suboxone.com and get a list of prescribing doctors in your area.Start phoning for an appointment until you get one.You have to make a commitment to suboxone just like you committed yourself to oxycontin's.
    Most people need at least a year on opiate replacement therapy like methadone and buprenorphene.
    Good luck......Dave

tunia is offline New Member

i know you are taking the soma's maybe to help with sleep, but i promise you, soma too are demon pills..i have had this addiction for about ten years, and the only thing i can tell you is the benzo's and soma's can be worse coming off of than even the opiates..and never ever try the methadone thing. i watched my sister almost die trying to come off methadone, and this was after tappering down for a year..that is the most evil of all drugs..

tunia is offline New Member

the sweating and clammy feeling you have will pass. it will take longer to subside than perhaps the pain in the legs and the not being able to sleep. when i went to rehab and was clean for two years, pretty much through my first year, i would have periods where i would be clammy..almost felt like a hormone thing or something. i am about to try to do this thing cold turkey since i have been taking lortabs again for the past 7 months..couldn't believe i had two years clean and i went back. i know it will be hell, but it couldn't be worse than the hell i live in trying to keep myself in the pills and taking the chance of even loosing my life while dealing with the people i have to deal with to get them..and i won't even mention the 8 dollars a piece i pay for them..best of luck to you..don't give up..it will get better.