Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Wwbiker832
  • 1 Post By Wwbiker832
Oxy cold tukey timeline/ what worked for me
    Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member

Default Oxy cold tukey timeline/ what worked for me

I will try to keep this short and get to my timeline and what worked what didnt but rember everyone is diffrent. Basically it all started with a script of Vics then 8 months later i was up to 8 30mg oxycodone a day. I new i had to stop and cold turkey it.

Day 1: i took 2mg of suboxone, had some knee pain and anxiety other then that ok, started drinking lots of water ( i only took that one sub for one day didnt continue it, just used that one to maybe help with first few days of detox)

Day 2 Anxiety attacks threw out day started immodium did wonders maybe two hours of sleep.

Day 3 full blown WD no stomach pain but snot nose, cramps and horrible anxiety freaking out over the dumbest things. By this day i was so digusted with the way i felt i never wnated to take anything again so mentally i had no cravings what so ever, i looked at the WD as it leaving my system and tryed to think to myself the worser it got the sooner it will be better, zero sleep that night.

Day 4 pretty much same as Day 3 except i forced myself to go for a walk wich at first was hell then after pushing myself it felt great!! i actually walked for hours, intill my legs were sore, wich really helped with restless legs and knee pain bc i could only feel my legs being sore from exercise not WD wich was more of a familiar feeling, threw out this whole time i drank tons of water and gaterade walking helped tons
    still only got 3-4 hours of sleep

Day 5 went for walk most major wd were gone but my senses were going crazy, sounds were louder wind felt crazy.

Day 6-10 felt really good but still had anxiety only in mornings when waking up then once i made myself get moving it was like i had drank ten cups of coffeee i was geeking out for four days for some reason, still little sleep and on immodium as well still in mild WD.

Day-11 anxiety and energy rushes slowly go away over next few days and nomral sleeping comes back around day 15. its been almost 30 days clean and the WD were bad for 5 days but got better after that, i could manage them after day 5 and function fine but all in all it took almost 20days to feel completely normal. Exercise worked great for me also taking a good multi vitamin. at first walking was super hard but it really did do wonders to ease the WD and help my brain produce endorphines natuarlly
    blue80911 and l0st s0u1 like this.

OXYmom is offline Member

Thanks for taking the time to tell your story-it will help a lot of people! Congrats for close to 30 days! That is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by OXYmom View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to tell your story-it will help a lot of people! Congrats for close to 30 days! That is awesome!!
    thanks i did leave out some details on other things i tryed etc.... so if any one has any questions just ask

Quote Originally Posted by Wwbiker832 View Post
    thanks i did leave out some details on other things i tryed etc.... so if any one has any questions just ask
    excellant !!! I am a wuss I went the suboxone taper route by Henry It is working just like they said it would.I feel very good during the day nights are cool and sweaty but thats fine.Im down to 3.35 a day.Next drop 2.5 I hate the little blue demons now.Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya i hate the blue demons to, i thought about doing sub route but just decided to try and stick it out, it was hard, one of the worst parts was the isnomia lasted a few days after the major physical WD, it became almost worse mentally then the physical part, i tryed alot of diffrent things to get an actually 8 hours of sleep and nothing worked except just giving my body time
    blue80911 likes this.

blue80911 is offline New Member

Default Wow...congrats on your 30 Days!! Why I decided to post here...instead of new thread

Listen, I have a friend who is so very near and dear to me, who recently confessed to me his addiction to hydrocodone. It’s something he has gone through before, has been in rehab for, and his last stay about 8 years ago. He originally blew his knee out – was prescribed the pain meds – was really very careful with them, but as he tells me, his wife at the time, slipped him the pain meds w/o his knowledge and so began his journey into addiction. After his last round of rehab, he relocated to a new town, landed a good management job and lived a healthy, healthy life. He got married – his 2nd marriage. At the time this woman was unemployed and remained unemployed for the first 3 yrs of marriage and worked 50-70 hrs a week to support her and her 2 kids. About 2 years ago, it became apparent to him that all she really cared about was the $$ and he was looking at another failed marriage. This resulted in the relapse he finally had the courage to tell me about. NOBODY knows – his local family or other family members, although how they do NOT know something is up is beyond me – he’s lost so much weight. I guess at any rate, nobody is asking him how he is. He wants to file for divorce. He REALLY wants to quit his addiction FIRST and very badly. He is taking 187.5 to 125mg per day of either Lortab or Hydrocodone. He does not take from family funds for this and I’ll leave it at that.

When he had the courage to tell me about his addiction – it was a huge step. He’s never told anybody. He would like to try and go cold turkey, but at the doseage he’s at, I would like for anybody to chime in on the dangers. NOT interested in anything like the “Thomas Recipe”. I know that the worst thing in the world I can do, is to travel and rescue him (we are about 1000 miles apart), because he needs to get through to the other side on his own, so he can OWN his achievement. What I have done is love him, not judge him, and I work on getting him to communicate with me about what’s he’s going through right now. He is a completely functioning addict and still working all of those hours per week. His memory is in great working order and he always, always does exactly what he says he will do – without fail. His sense of humor is great and he is quick on the uptake. He is trying to undergo a detox privately, and so over the past few days, we have looked at suboxone. He is VERY reluctant to take any kind of medication at all and in fact is hopeful to lead an “all natural” lifestyle in his future. He managed to quit smoking recently (with an ecig) and this in and of itself is a huge accomplishment. We have talked at length about the underlying cause of his relapse, which I believe is depression. He is very open to undergoing counseling for depression. He has shared with me that it’s NOT physical pain that caused his relapse..knee completely fine. It’s the emotional pain he sought to numb out. We’ve talked about the fact that he HAS to be open and truthful in counseling and NOT getting counseling is NOT an option. He wants to be able to address the depression w/o taking rx meds. I have been looking into TrueHope and EM Power Plus, as one possible all natural approach. We have been looking at enlisting the help of a DO (doc of Osteopathic medicine) (in psychiatry) due to the way they practice, looking at the overall body and the fact that they would be open to holistic avenues of healing, and his reluctance to take any medications at all once he gets clean. He really wants to try to utilize vitamins and herbal supplements.

It’s possible that suboxone would be the only viable option due to his insistence on privacy – his saving grace is that he busy at work all day. But he is really very reluctant to take another rx of any kind – which would mean his detox would be really very tough.

I am just seeking some input and advice. Time is of the essence and I am so grateful for any input.

blue80911 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wwbiker832 View Post
    I am personally in awe of your accomplishments and would love to know more details. I am, in fact, passing along all of the details you provided so far, to my friend, because they are so deeply inspirational. You just don't know! Please do share!

Quote Originally Posted by blue80911 View Post
    I am personally in awe of your accomplishments and would love to know more details. I am, in fact, passing along all of the details you provided so far, to my friend, because they are so deeply inspirational. You just don't know! Please do share!
    i choose the cold turkey bc of the horror stories ive heard about sub, i have a neighbor who is trying to get off subs and it is harder for him to do then it would of been to just quit taking opiates in the begining. If your freind could manage a few days off work most of the time any major withdrawls are gone with in 4-5 days but will take probaly 10-15 days to feel completely normal, i have read on here that subs are great but only taken in a short period of time not to stay on them for more then a month or two but the problem is most drs dont know enough about subs to do it properly

also i cant say it enough but excerise helped me ALOT!!!