oral contraceptives side effects.....
    erdwinjc is offline New Member

Default oral contraceptives side effects.....

My girl freind is taking Low-Ogestrel-28 , it is a oral contraceptive, birth control. Since she started taking it a little over a year ago, she has slowly been going down hill on her sex drive, has anyone else had this problem, and anyone know how to put some punch in her sex drive without hurting herself with taking the roal contraceptives? ALso, Do the pills even cause GREATLY reduced sex drive >?< Thank you for your help.

User Name is offline Junior Member

lol, try www.theliberator.com

I'm not crazy......

dobo is offline Junior Member

Having been married for 24 years and using various forms of contraceptives, yes, oral contraceptives do negatively affect sex drive. Other types, such as depo provera, are much worse. Regardless, it's okay as long as you remember the old adage that implies that women will tolerate sex to have love whereas men will will put up just about anything to get sex. Go out of your way to meet her in the middle and you more than compensate for the negative effects of bc pills.

MONHEIT_LAW_PC is offline New Member

I have been married for 18 years and we have tried various forms of birth control. Yes, there is a lower sex drive found while on the pill. And as the previous poster poitned out, drugs like Depo Provera show even more of a loss, along with other terrible side effects such as loss in bone density (osteoporosis). See: http://www.monheit.com/depo-provera for information on the side effects of Depo Provera.

Michael@Monheit.com
    866-761-1385
    Michael Monheit, Esquire
    Monheit Law, PC

Thanks for the replys. We have gone to her gyno, and there doing blood work and saliva tests. They said her hormones were all messed up and she has developed depression over the last few months because of it. Lack of motivation and mood swings have developed also. Her gyno put her on a patch called Ortho Evra Patch and got her on effexor medication for depression. Were waiting on the blood work and saliva tests to get back in to see what is wrong. Again i apperciate the replies. Thank you. ;P When i get a response on the bloodwork/saliva tests , i will post it here for future refference for whoever needs it . ;P ---erdwinjc

I don't know much about Effexor, but is that an SSIR? If so, she's really going to lack a sex drive since it will most likely take away her ability to have an orgasm.[xx(]

I'm not crazy......

I got this from this same forum,
    " Two major reasons people go off the SSRI's is because of the side effects of weight gain and sexual dysfunction. I actually lost weight, but probably because I was so depressed I wasn't eating much. If you have or develop either of these side effects and it is not tolerable for you, there are several other medicines for depression that are not SSIR's. Wellbutrin is one of the leading ones, some others are Desyrel, Effexor and the newest one to come out a few months ago, Cymbalta. Two other fairly new drugs that are being prescribed for depression are Abilify and Geodon. "

So far, the only thing we have witnessed these last two days of having the Birth control patch and on top of that , the effexor, is she has dizzy spells once a day, it lasts about 10 seconds if that. It is when she is moving something or bending over. She raises her head and it feels as tho0ugh she is loosing balance. Im looking into it, im wanting to say it is from high blood pressure. Im not sure so dont quote me on that please. It may be a withdrawel from the birth control tablet Low-Ogestrel-28. The blodo work and saliva tests will be in around 2 weeks. We have 12 days left to hear something. WIll post more as we go through for future refference. Ciao' ---erdwinjc

I thought dizziness was also a side effect from the anti-depressant?[?]

My girlfriend will be starting to take BC pills soon. I hope she doesn't lose her sex drive.

I'm not crazy......

I hope she doesnt either man. It sucks, at first you start wondering if it is you and try to figure out what is going on. We got into arguements alot over it, and her going through mood swings really didn't remedy the situation. She smokes cigarettes, along with myself, that could play a major role, but not sure, i hope the blodo work and saliva tests really shed some light on all fo this subject, even a little will help, it owuld be a start. That liberator does look very interesting also! ;P ciao meow chief. ;P

quote:Originally posted by erdwinjc

I hope she doesnt either man. It sucks, at first you start wondering if it is you and try to figure out what is going on. We got into arguements alot over it, and her going through mood swings really didn't remedy the situation. She smokes cigarettes, along with myself, that could play a major role, but not sure, i hope the blodo work and saliva tests really shed some light on all fo this subject, even a little will help, it owuld be a start. That liberator does look very interesting also! ;P ciao meow chief. ;P
    I probably sound like a broken record, but I think smoking on the pill is a very bad thing and is not suggested. You might want to ask your doctor about that one. I know I've heard that before. My girlfriend doesn't smoke so that shouldn't be a problem for her.

The liberator looks like a lot of fun.

I'm not crazy......

Last night i did an online study on Effexor, Like all anti-depressanst's, They lower the sex drive greatly, Here also is the information i stored up on effexor, :

Effexor affects norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine,

The most common side effects shared by Wellbutrin, Effexor, and Desyrel

include agitation, dry mouth, insomnia, headache, nausea and vomiting,

constipation, and tremors.

But perhaps the most troubling problem with the newer drugs is that no one is sure just what their long-term effects might be. There are some new, troubling reports that Effexor may cause tardive dyskinesia, a movement disorder that may be permanent, involving writhing, wormlike movements of the body, lips, and tongue.

Effexor

If you had your heart set on taking Prozac and were disappointed when
    nothing happened, there's a drug that seems to work especially well for the up to 40 percent who don't respond to serotonin-related
    antidepressants. It's called Effexor, approved in 1994 by the FDA.
    Because Effexor is structurally unlike SSRIs, people who don't respond to Prozac, Zoloft, or one of the tricyclics often do respond to this antidepressant. It's so new, however, that doctors don't know a lot about how this drug will act on a long-term basis. As mentioned above, there are some concerns that this drug may cause tardive dyskinesia -- usually after long-term use, although there have been some cases appearing after only one dose.

I did this research cause i didn't like how she was a zombie all the time, you can see there were Fearless actions on what she did, which made me afraid that she was developing suicidal tendencies. Her eyes were always dialated, like that of a high blood pressure old woman. I could see anxiousness deveoloping, with my experience with anxiety, depression, psychotic disorders and eventually Agoraphobia, i didn't want her to go through the torment i went through because of medication. I talked with her about NOT taking the effexor last night, and replacing it with an herbal tea consisting of,

4 cups of water
    3/4 Teaspoon of Valerian root
    1/2 teaspoon of Milk Thistle seeds(which she also ate a 1/4 teaspoon
    of the milk thistle seed)
    1 teaspoon of shredded Skullcap
    1 Heaping teaspoon of Passion Flower
    3 Heaping teaspoons of chammomile flowers

It is good to sweeten with Honey, it is all natural and does not wildly boost you up like sugar. Using sugar would defeat the purpose of relaxing and attempting to calm the cloudy thought processions brought on by depression and stress related tension.

Last night i noticed she did not toss and turn at all, She didn't have any grunts or moans in her sleep, and when she woke up with me to get the kids on the bus, She had no trouble going back to sleep,She did complain of upset stomach, which we are thinking it was either my potatoe soup i made last night with all the dairy, or withdrawels from the effexor. We didnt wake up until 11:45 AM .
    When She got up, she was energetic smiling and Did not have that zombie look to her, she was laughing and smiling. I asked her about her Sex drive, she said it is coming back, but not by leaps and bounds. Which is a start. I'm more worried about her well being then her sex drive coming back. I am reading up on the ortho evra patch, and it isn't pretty on the side effects. It worsens if you are a smoker, which we both are, by 3 fold. I'm wanting to talk to her about quiting all medicines and getting myself snipped. I'd rather have my chance of having a Child with her taken away then Death taking her away. Here is some good information on Ortho evra patch, http://www.an-attorney-for-you.com/l...pics600.htm?gg

Will have more updates later. I was hoping to charter this as we went through it step by step for future refference for anyone else with these problems, But it is too risky for her health, So i will post what we do to remdy this situation, on a healthy level. Hopefully she goes for me getting snipped, So she can get her body back to the way it was when we first got together a year and a half ago.

I've been dealing with herbs since i was a kid. I study up on herbal shammanism, herbal remedies and herbal lifestyles. If you pursue to use any herbal remedies, I would advise you finding out if you are allergic to certain types of herbs, before you use any of them.
    Have a good day, ---Cherokee nation

Have you ever considered using condoms instead?[?] That seems to be a better choice than anti-depressants and snipping vital organs.[xx(]

I'm not crazy......

She removed the patch, she started having a brown liquid coming out, which is break through bleeding. She is now having a normal period taht is a healthy red. Her sex drive did come back. So it was the pills that were causing it. I read some more on birth control and the patch, it said it could take weeks to months, and in some cases, your sex drive will NEVER come back. So far everything is falling back into place. Will still have more posts on the results of the blood work and saliva tests, and her new apointment with her GYN. UNtil next time, have a good evening everyone.

We seen the GYN friday, her results were in and they said her Progesterone levels were really low. According to the signs of low Progesterone, she has had this for a long time. We got an herbal cream, Zand Progesterone cream, (this is the cheapest site i found, http://www.herbs-wholesale.com/shop/....asp?pid=19670 , we bought ours from smoothie king for $23.09 before tax) This stuff is working wonders. She is still having hot flashes , hopefuly that is from detoxing from birth control. When she quit the Birth Control pills she started bleeding a brownish maroon colored blood. After about 4 days it slacked off. She only had orange colored bleeding about 2 maybe 3 times within a 4-5 day period. During all this time, she was dramatically inclining on sex drive, mood. Depression etc. etc. With the progesterone cream she has been feeling alot better, more chipper and easily amused. We are still watching this and will post as we move along with this situation. She is still having hot flashes, we are looking itno this with herbs, will post mroe later.

For refference, the GY told us that the cream progesterone would be best, cause it doesn't make you drowsey like the pill form would.

Until next time , have a wonderful time! ;P

Im sorry, i forgot to add that she has a feeling of being bruised on the inside of her Vaginal walls. We have been using condoms for prevention of fertilization. I am looking into it to determine if it is the lubrication and or the condom just being abbrassive. More later, ciao' meow! ;P

MONHEIT_LAW_PC is offline New Member

The ortho evra apparently has some severe side effects, espeically for women who are smokers. The biggest problems are blood clots forming in the legs and then travelling to the heart, brain or lungs -- causing a heart attack, stroke, or pulmonary embolism. All very bad. For more information, see the information at http://www.monheit.com/ortho-evra/

Michael@Monheit.com
    866-761-1385
    Michael Monheit, Esquire
    Monheit Law, PC

Update she is back to normal now. Sex drive is back and everything. As so she says. We still dont have sex damn near every night like we use to, but atleast we are having sex now. Whoever goes through this situation, it does cause arguments between you and your partner. I couldnt figure out what was wrong. But all good now. Just gotta get her bak itno havign sex, 4-5 times a week instead of 1-2, wish me luck pilgrims cause this john wayne wannabe is gonan need some ! ;P

Last but not least, tahnk you all for your help and support and your knowledge on this and that, it was greatly appreciated! ;P All havea merry christmas and a happy new year! ;P

Pett is offline New Member

Arrow

I´ve never used conventional contraceptives for preventing unplanned pregnancy, but as far as I know they can reduce one´s sex drive. Besides they come with other side-effects too.

I´ve recently self-published a book called, "How to Avoid Unplanned Pregnancy Every Time You Have Sex - WITHOUT Using Contraceptives". I´m talking about natural techniques/methods ever so easy to use that don´t have any side-effects and one wouldn´t spend a penny on daily bases to prevent pregnancy. I found those methods in a booklet over 24 years ago and have been using only them my entire adult life. Please read my article on at http://EzineArticles.com/?>>=842059 and
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/11/prweb544287.htm

Hope this helps. Let me know.
    Pett