Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mzmoral
  • 1 Post By BERNIE2260
Opioid addiction - Night Sweats
    sfc420 is offline Member

Default Opioid addiction - Night Sweats

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the night sweats when going through withdrawals? If i dont take vicodin right before i go to bed i get the night sweats really badly, to the point where i need to wash my sheets the next day. It's the main factor that keeps me from quitting fully, because when i wake up in the morning covered in sweat its just a precursor to how badly im going to feel during the day, and i usually cant make it through the morning without getting some norcos

gya321 is offline New Member

There isnt anything you can do at home to get rid of these sweats, they are part of the withdrawal. But you might want to talk to your doctor if you really want to quit. Good luck

RoC1909 is offline Member

My thoughts exactly. Night Sweats are a part of WD's.

J

sydsmom is offline New Member

clonidine will help with the sweats. If you can get some, they are a blood pressure med.

Iamfree is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by sfc420

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the night sweats when going through withdrawals? If i dont take vicodin right before i go to bed i get the night sweats really badly, to the point where i need to wash my sheets the next day. It's the main factor that keeps me from quitting fully, because when i wake up in the morning covered in sweat its just a precursor to how badly im going to feel during the day, and i usually cant make it through the morning without getting some norcos
    The best treatment is Suboxone. It's the pill form of what they give youvia a shpot in Detox. It prevents both withdrawal symptoms and cravings. It pretty much saved my life. I abused both Vicodin and Percocet for three years. I was up to 80 pills a day! The doctor couldn't believe I was alive. The only problem is that most Internal Medicine doctors don't have a clue as to how to treat someone with an Opiate addcition. And only doctors, usually a Pshchiatrist, who has taken the required six month course and has been certified to prescribe it can do so. And there are not many.

Go to Google.com and use the keyword Suboxone or Opiate Addiction. Then surf for doctors in your area who can prescribe it. Be willing and open to the counseling aspect of the program or you can forget it! Suboxone treatment outside of a Detox Clinic is still in its infancy stage and those prescribing it are being directed by very strict regulations and guidelines. However, the end result is worth even the slightest hassel you may encounter.

God Bless and Good Luck!

Iamfree is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by Iamfree

quote:Originally posted by sfc420

I should have proofed my response more carefully before posting it. I was trying to say in the sentence with the two misspelled words that Suboxone is the pill form of the meidicine they give you via a shot in Detox. I can't recall the generic name for it but I know you will find info on it under its brand name; Suboxone.
    The best treatment is Suboxone. It's the pill form of what they give youvia a shpot in Detox. It prevents both withdrawal symptoms and cravings. It pretty much saved my life. I abused both Vicodin and Percocet for three years. I was up to 80 pills a day! The doctor couldn't believe I was alive. The only problem is that most Internal Medicine doctors don't have a clue as to how to treat someone with an Opiate addcition. And only doctors, usually a Pshchiatrist, who has taken the required six month course and has been certified to prescribe it can do so. And there are not many.

Go to Google.com and use the keyword Suboxone or Opiate Addiction. Then surf for doctors in your area who can prescribe it. Be willing and open to the counseling aspect of the program or you can forget it! Suboxone treatment outside of a Detox Clinic is still in its infancy stage and those prescribing it are being directed by very strict regulations and guidelines. However, the end result is worth even the slightest hassel you may encounter.

God Bless and Good Luck!

Shaneleo is offline Junior Member

Try Suboxone (buprenorphene). The move to Suboxone has been the best thing that I have ever done. It wasn,t a painless one but If I had the chance knowing what I know now I would do it a hundred times over. Thats the only thing that sucks is you have to be in withdrawal to start Suboxone or it will force you into rapid W/D and you will get very six. To give you an idea I was taking about 80mg of methadone per day before I left my doctor. I got myself down to 40mg per day then ran out of pills. About a day and a half later I started withdrawaling from the methadone. (It takes quite awhile to start withdrawaling from methadone becasue it builds up in your system) I went to the hospital that night because i couldn't take the withdrawals anymore. They gave me a shot of Dilatan to stop the withdrawals and gave me 15 10-325 perks until I can see a doctor. I could take three of them at once and not even feel anything, it would just stop the withdrawals for about 2 hours. I made them last two days some how. I took the last one two at 6:00am on 08-09-05 and I took my Suboxone (2-8mg pills under the tounge) at 1:30pm the same day. About thirty min later I actually started feeling worse and worse after about 45min I thought I might have taken it two early. (which when you do that it forces your body into withdrawal) I went to sit down on the couch to get on the web to see if I took it to early and this is not a joke, I was standing their and went to sit down, the second I hit the couch everything was gone. All the withdrawal symptoms, bad sweats, tremors, yawning, cramps, cold sweats, hot sweats, goose bumps and a whole other slue of >>>> was gone. My second day and I am feeling the best I have felt in years. No withdrawal symptoms, depression or cravings. The first night it did nothing for my pain but woke up the second day and the pain feels a lot better. This stuff was sent here from GOD himself. (If you believe in that) other wise its just a really really super thing. I really think you should give Suboxone a shot. Most insurances will pay most of the cost otherwise the medication is kind of expensive. About 325 for 60 8mg pills. I only have to pay 40 bucks for them. Good luck to you and please sent me an email if you or anyone else has any questions. Shane.Gangidino@comcast.net THIS SITE IS A HUGE SUPPORT SYSTEM AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

shane

newsinfusion is offline New Member

Arrow Buprenorphine

Everything I heard tells me that you need to just get off opioids altogether or it's just going to be a continuous cycle and you'll always have night sweats.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-02-2011 at 09:26 PM.

mzmoral is offline New Member

Let me just say by experience,, suboxone is THE DEVIL!!! the withdrawls and sweats you have will be ten times worse when you are finally ready to get off the suboxone, unless however, you plan on taking that for the rest of your life also. Either way there will be withdrawl, i suggest, the perc/vic withdrawl, its still bad but nowhere near the sub detox!! Hope this helps!
    bloggermom likes this.

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Clonidine works

Great for night sweats.....My gyn first prescribed them to me for menopause which I was thrown into after having a complete hysterectomy upon finding ovarian cancer. I am now using it for the sweats caused by tapering off Oxycodone. It also happens to help with the RLS from this as well. It's a medication that lowers blood pressure.

nobby02 is offline Member

Suboxone worked great but getting of that was worse than the 4/5 days of cold turkey from vicodin for me. I would really check into that before using.

tbeoe is offline New Member

I was "induced" onto pure buprenorphine as an alternative to being stuck on the roller coaster of peak and trough of Norco and Methadone (the later of which, for almost 8 years). When I took the first dose (being in withdrawal as part of the doctors direction) I was back to "normal" in less than 5 minutes. Now, had I only used it to get past the 4-7 days that I would have normally gone through narcotic withdrawal then stopped-I could have just walked away and looked into a never block-instead, the doctor wanted me to use it as my new pain management. And for a year I did. When I moved from Michigan to Virginia is when the nightmare of finding a doctor that would be willing to write the script as an off label use (for pain control) began. Thankfully (I guess) the Michigan Dr. wrote enough refills to let me ride this out.

Eventually (5 months later) I found a doctor who had the "special" DEA permit to prescribe the Suboxone formulation- but was willing to continue my pure buprenorphine. The day before my visit to get a refill a month later, I got a call that he was no longer writing this script, and I would have to find a new doctor.

Luckily I never exceeded taking more than 2mg 2X a day sublingually. I had enough pills to spend the next 3 1/2 weeks tapering down to 3/4 mg before jumping off.

The next 3 days were absolute hell. If not for Ambien and Valerian root I would not have been able to sleep with the RLS and general twitching that sets in when I lie down at night. I am on day 4 and feel generally better-but my stomach still hurts as though I pulled some muscles in it-real deep. If the stomach ache and the dead tired feeling in the early afternoon would go away my days would be better-at least I'm not still on day 2 or 3-those were the worse of all.

Does anyone know how to quiet the stomach aches?

BERNIE2260 is offline New Member

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!! I warn everybody! There is no detox worse than Suboxone! Think kicking methadone or >>>>>> is nasty? It is a "walk in the park" compared to this devil drug!!!!! Once you get down to 2 mgs. or lower....beware!!!! I was in a detox and treatment center 3 months ago and 80% of the patients were there because of the horrible crash from trying to get off suboxone! I don't care what you are going through...stomach aches, night sweats, diarrhea, whatever!!!! Go THROUGH IT!!!! DO NOT TOUCH SUBOXONE! The aforementioned is minor compared to what you will go through with this insidious drug! This is the best kept secret since the U.S. Civil War of 1864-1869 when the U.S. medical profession "thought" "Soldier's Disease" (addiction to morphine) could be successfully cured with >>>>>>! Yeah, right! Sure, buddy....smack's not addictive! Give me a break! I was on Suboxone for 5 years straight....and when I got sick of handing my quack drug pushing doctor $160 a month (not including the damn pills!) and tried to kick this ????....trust me...it was living hell!!!!!! Don't do it! If you are on it and want to quit....go to a detox center!
    Last edited by BERNIE2260; 01-18-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    bloggermom likes this.

Proud2BClean is offline New Member

Are you on suboxone? If not, I recommend it. I'm not a Doctor, just giving my two cents, take it as is.
    I had a serious opiate addiction, suboxone saved me. You won't have any night sweats when on suboxone, it will actually put you to sleep within 15 minutes if you lay down and close you eyes.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-19-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Proud2BClean is offline New Member

I want to quit badly. But ive never been to a detox center so I don't know exactly what they do. Do You sleep there, how long? What do You get to relieve the withdrawal? You are 100% right. Although the suboxone ended my opiate addiction, it also created a new addiction. Suboxone.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-19-2013 at 01:45 PM.

bloggermom is offline Junior Member

Bernie, thankyou for taking time to post. You need to keep warning others. Or start your own thread if you can, and tell your Sub story. Others need to hear it. Thankyou, thankyou!

Silentmelody is offline New Member

I know this is years later but maybe it'll help someone browsing through. I found that putting a cold pack under my neck and laying right next to a fan helped. It kept the sweating minimum and even stopped it. I was able to fall asleep.

izi_lena is offline Member

Dont take suboxone, thats my opinion, i am withdrawing right now off them and i suggest you take clonodine, get your hands on flexeril too and maybe seroquel to sleep for 7 day... dosage .5 clonodine twice a day... flexeril 4 times a day and seroquel 50mg 3 time a day and at night 100 mg..... i'm no dr but ive done many detoxes and that was my recipe and it always worked i also had 1mg of ativan at night but if you are addicted to benzo's skip the ativan