opiate detox using a codiene taper
    insidert is offline New Member

Post opiate detox using a codiene taper

Recently spent my second time in detox, i have spent last 7 years with a progresive opiate addiction. Was using, depending on money and availability 4 to 120mg hydromorpone IV daily. 24mg per slam with little affect. Tolerance really increased with poppyseed tea but thats another story.
    Anyway most detox tapers in my area use methadone, either 7day fastrack or 14day taper, both of which my brother has done and they both left him still sick and at risk for relapse, seems they want you on it as an outpatient for life in my opinion.
    I just want to share a viable option for those stubborn wd, the ones that seem unbearable even with tonnes of valum etc. like Thomas recipe uses. Have tried it btw and has worked a time or two, just i wasnt ready at the time and became to immune too benzos for them to be of value in the end. ie. sleep.
    Codiene syrup is used every 4 hrs starting at 60mg 8pm,12midnight,4am 8am etc. for either one or two days, depending on personal use and then decreasing by 10mg per day until your down to 10mg per day. Total time is 7days and way easier to deal with than a 7day methadone or suboxone taper. The key is codiene is fast acting and if given every 4hrs can maitain a steady blood level, enough to seriously ease wd symptoms. Especialy in a structured environment.They give valum 10-20mg first couple of nights and then only imovane for sleep but if your home and use this concept it can be done with tylenol 3s even and a pill cutter, as long as you have someone to give it, we all know how hard it is to regulate oneself so that extra person you can trust to keep you on track will help a lot. Use Ibuproffen after 7days.if needed.
    So if you use the codiene this way and follow the Thomas Recipe for sleep, vitamins etc. You are assured to reduce a lot of the stress of going cold turkey, it has in recent years, after many painfull attempts,scared me. Codiene is weak conpared to probably all other opiates, thats why the formula works so successfuly, (statisticaly the best program in my province) even tho tylenol 3s happen to be one of the most widely abused opiate of all.
    Only thing is, doubtfull to be much help if you are on hi doses of methadone or suboxone, once you follow some of the other tapers ive read for these drugs, it could surely help with your drop off.
    Not sure if anyone has tried or mentioned this method here before but i just had to share it just in case. I have been clean for a month now, quit smoking cigars same time. Allen Carr helped with the smoking, or rather his audio book helped. Anyway Cheers and stay straight, only other real help is to exercise any muscle not sore as necessary for breaktrough anxiety. Earlier the better.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-13-2011 at 07:41 PM.

insidert is offline New Member

I hope someone having trouble with other methods will try this protocol. The reserch done into developing it is rather unique and as stated previously, it has a proven success rate amung all structured, detox hospitals in my area.