The OFFICIAL How WE ALL Kicked Addiction Thread!!!
    Oxy Moron™ is offline New Member

Exclamation The OFFICIAL How WE ALL Kicked Addiction Thread!!!

Hello

I had the idea to create a thread that could house the experiences community members had when kicking their addiction - how did you do it? What helped? What made it worse? How long have you been clean? What was your D.O.C. (Drug Of Choice) ETC.

When someone is going through the pain and suffering from trying to come clean w/very little help, the experiences of others can be the deciding factor on whether they succeed or not. I want EVERYONE here who are trying to eliminate their addiction demons to know that we, as a community, are here to help as much as we possibly can. I want all of you to know that we have BEEN THERE, BATTLED our way to remain clean. We are here for all of you.

Please, share your story - happy endings are NOT needed so even if you are still fighting, please share.

Thank you!!!
    Last edited by Oxy Moron™; 12-22-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Title Grammatical Error
    Oxy Moron™

“I admire addicts. In a world where everybody is waiting for some bline, random disaster, or some sudden disease, the addict has the comfort of knowing what will most likely wait for him down the road. He's taken some control over his ultimate fate, and his addiction keeps the cause of death from being a total surprise.”
    Chuck Palahniuk

N.S.W.U is offline New Member

I found this forum about a month ago, read every post about the opiates special Satan like quality it has for people from around the globe and started to notice a pattern.
    We are not about to roll over and just let the beast win' it may take us a few tries Sh!t many tries for some of us, but i haven't read one person on here that even ponders the thought of not trying again to win.
    All the posts are about kicking' but never giving up, this was all i needed to see and hear to get my head around it.
    I m a firm believer this is key to how i got to the sliver every other day sub dose i am on with only one bump in the road the entire time. [THANK YOU ROBERT325]
    I just followed his taper and read all the support the gang here gave to everyone needing it and i haven't felt this good in 10 yrs.
    I will no doubt have one of the most Merry of all Christmas's i have had ever........ N.S.W.U.
    Happy Holidays to all
    PS If i can see the strength in this group and use it'' don't think for a minute you can not !!!