Norco addiction
    ThiZZ is offline New Member

Default Norco addiction

Hi,

I would like start off by saying that I am a 26 year old male and have been addicted to Norco since August of 2010. I started off taking the Watson brand Norco 10 mgs 3 times a day. I took them like so for about 6-8 months. Then I increased it to 6 times a day up until 3 days ago. I decided that I don't like what I am becoming and I need to get off these drugs. So I set up a taper method with my remaining Norco. It is a 14 day method. Days 1-4 I start off with 30 mgs per day then days 5-9 I decrease to 20 mg per day then days 10-12 decrease to 10 mg per day and finally days 13-14 it is 5 mg per day then stop. After this I plan on following the Thomas recipe to hopefully decrease any withdrawal. I am currently on day 3 of my taper and it has been going well. I am strong willed and have followed the regimen without taking any extra pills. Tomorrow is my last day of taking 30 mgs and then I will decrease to the 20 mgs and so on and so forth. I really hope this works because I want my old self back. I have noticed slight body aches coming on and I am taking aleve/motrin to counteract them with some success. I have also notice I have been feeling a little lethargic so I started taking a multi vitamin to see if that helps. No result yet but its only been 2 days of the multi vitamin so I guess I gotta give it some time to work.

Anyways if anyone has any more info or helpful information that would help I would love to hear it.

-sam
    Last edited by ThiZZ; 01-09-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Day four of the wean. I took my morning dose just now at 9 am. I am starting to get the RLS I think. It is especially bad when I wake up in the morning and right before bed at night. I am guessing that is due to the fact that at those times I haven't taken the drug in over 5-6 hours. Typically when I was taking 6 a day I wouldn't go more than 4 hours without popping a pill. Thankfully I have been able to sleep okay. Last night I went to bed at 12:30 am and woke up this morning at 8:50. I will take 7 hours of sleep any night of the week! I cant wait until day 14 when I have exhausted the extent of my supply. Day 15 will be the real test as it will be the 1st time in over ~17 months that I haven't taken a Norco 10/325.

God Bless!

FreeMe2011 is offline Member

wishing you the best. Gets a hold of you for sure. The physical parts are tough but it can be done.

Just took my last dose for the day. Tomorrow will be a challenge as I am knocking 10mg off my dose. Hopefully I can handle it without wanting to take the extra 10 mg. I am glad that so far it is going so well. I really dont wanna experience lots of withdrawal symptoms and hopefully I am minimalizing it as much as possible.

4ME4ONCE is offline Junior Member

Default Supporting You...

Hi ThiZZ, Just wanted to jump on here and wish you luck with your next drop. I hope and pray that it goes very well for you and that you are able to continue to reduce your doses as planned and stop as outlined. I have no experience with tapering, with me it's always an "all or nothing" attitude and trying to taper down never really worked for me...the temptation was not something I could manage my way around. If you can prepare your mind that you might feel really crummy for a few days, but once that few days passes you will begin to feel better and it helped me to remember that no matter how many tricks my mind tried (tries) to play on me...if I just stick to it and NOT give in to the temptation to take even 1 pill...I NEVER have to go thru those "few crummy days" ever again! You CAN do this if you WANT to do it...that is the key to being successful...you have to WANT this! Keep going and don't give in! Wishing you every success and keep posting your progress!
    God Bless You! Tee

Quote Originally Posted by 4ME4ONCE View Post
    Hi ThiZZ, Just wanted to jump on here and wish you luck with your next drop. I hope and pray that it goes very well for you and that you are able to continue to reduce your doses as planned and stop as outlined. I have no experience with tapering, with me it's always an "all or nothing" attitude and trying to taper down never really worked for me...the temptation was not something I could manage my way around. If you can prepare your mind that you might feel really crummy for a few days, but once that few days passes you will begin to feel better and it helped me to remember that no matter how many tricks my mind tried (tries) to play on me...if I just stick to it and NOT give in to the temptation to take even 1 pill...I NEVER have to go thru those "few crummy days" ever again! You CAN do this if you WANT to do it...that is the key to being successful...you have to WANT this! Keep going and don't give in! Wishing you every success and keep posting your progress!
    God Bless You! Tee
    Thank you for the support Tee.

Today I feel good. I took my morning dose over 2 hours ago and my next dose wont be for another 7-8 hours. This might be a challenge but there's no way in hell I will allow myself to break the taper. I'm so anxious to rid myself of this stinking disease that is consuming my body.

4ME4ONCE is offline Junior Member

Default Way to go!

Good for you! As long as you can keep that attitude - you will get this done in no time! Just remember - the alternative is going "cold turkey", and you will for sure feel real lousy for a few days that route. I imagine if you could keep on the taper that you are working on - by the time you get to the end - your body may not protest the jump off as badly as abruptly stopping! If you get into trouble on the taper plan - remember - it's just 4 or 5 days of feeling really bad and then the symptoms of detox pass and you begin to feel better already! Either way - I PROMISE you - it is a "do-able" process and you will be so much better for taking this first step!! You are young and have LOTS of life to live...give this your very best effort and get yourself clean and be free of this dependancy and work on maintaining that sobriety for all you've got!! Some say this is mostly mental - and if that is true - then having the right mindset will carry you thru the days when you don't feel so great - at least that was true for me! Determination helps so much in this - and just the desire to want to be more in this life than "altered"! I feel like God has something in store for me this year - whether it is a major challange that I need to see my family thru or just what - but I feel that I need to be the best ME that I can be in order to do his work now! I wish you all the best and know that I'm in your corner - cheering you on to success!!
    God Bless!
    Tee

Quote Originally Posted by 4ME4ONCE View Post
    Good for you! As long as you can keep that attitude - you will get this done in no time! Just remember - the alternative is going "cold turkey", and you will for sure feel real lousy for a few days that route. I imagine if you could keep on the taper that you are working on - by the time you get to the end - your body may not protest the jump off as badly as abruptly stopping! If you get into trouble on the taper plan - remember - it's just 4 or 5 days of feeling really bad and then the symptoms of detox pass and you begin to feel better already! Either way - I PROMISE you - it is a "do-able" process and you will be so much better for taking this first step!! You are young and have LOTS of life to live...give this your very best effort and get yourself clean and be free of this dependancy and work on maintaining that sobriety for all you've got!! Some say this is mostly mental - and if that is true - then having the right mindset will carry you thru the days when you don't feel so great - at least that was true for me! Determination helps so much in this - and just the desire to want to be more in this life than "altered"! I feel like God has something in store for me this year - whether it is a major challange that I need to see my family thru or just what - but I feel that I need to be the best ME that I can be in order to do his work now! I wish you all the best and know that I'm in your corner - cheering you on to success!!
    God Bless!
    Tee
    thank you for the encouragement!

today went well again. i only took my 20 mgs and i didnt notice much of a difference in how i feel. so i guess thats a very good sign. cant wait until the 19th to finally rid myself of the medication and start being clean

Does anyone know if I cant start taking the L-TYROSINE while still tapering?

I hate the fact that after I take my taper dose I seem somewhat happier again as if I am my normal self. I know this is just a trick my mind is playing on me to get me to take more medication. I will not give in!

Today went good. The daily vitamin, L-tyrosine and b6 seem to be helping a little bit. Also the immodium helps as it binds to the opiod receptors. I have no desire to take more then the dose I allotted myself for the taper. Which I guess is a good thing. Hopefully I feel the same way when I am taking no pain pills at all.

I think my body might be getting adjusted to the 20mg dose finally after 3 days. I don't feel the anxiety as much. However last night sleeping was a little bit hard. I woke up about 5 to 6 times and kept tossing and turning. Tonight I will take 50mg of Benadryl so I dont have to go through that again.

My first day only taking 10 mg, and so far I feel good. When I was taking 60mg per day I would wake up in the morning feeling like sh.t and clearly needing to take a pill. The last few days I have been waking up feeling great. I am assuming that is my body adjusting to my new dose. Four more days and I will have freed myself of this drug.

Heres to the road to staying clean!

So after taking 10 mg per day for 7 days would it be okay to quit?

Anonymous Guest

perhaps you could take 10mg every two days before jumping off to minimise withdrawl potential...
    good luck, you are doing well...

I just came back to let you guys know that the taper method worked to perfection. when i got down to 10mg for about 7-8 days I stopped and there was minimal withdrawal symptoms. i advise anyone that has to will power to be able to taper to do so.