neurontin and zanaflex
    pickles13 is offline New Member

Angry neurontin and zanaflex

has anyone taken either of these meds i have only started them yesterday for my neck pain i have bulging disc in c5/6 and severe muscle spasms and nerver damage in neck as well as my left hand being in pain all day along with numbness in my left hand i am currently on neurontin 300 mg once a day for 5 days then 600 mg after that this has done nothing for me this is my second dose and as for the zanaflex i was suppose to take 1/2 tab i took a whole and it did nothing im left here in pain once again and need some input please help

Maxpower is offline Member

You should always ask the doc how long it should take before you see the full effects of any med. Some meds take up to a week or more. I would suggest if you dont see an approvement in a few more days, go back to talk to the doctor, he may have something to compliment these drugs, or at least he should re-evaluate you. I personnally have had more luck with Cyclobenzaprine for the muscle stuff, as that is what the zanaflex is normally used for.

pickles13 is offline New Member

well i started having very very bad side effects to neurontin so i stopped it today yesterday i was very dizzy vomiting, bad diarehha and blurred vision as well as light headed...i have been on flexeril and didnt do much for me..i am awaiting the dr to call me back he was out yesterday..MEL

flyfree is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickles13 View Post
    has anyone taken either of these meds i have only started them yesterday for my neck pain i have bulging disc in c5/6 and severe muscle spasms and nerver damage in neck as well as my left hand being in pain all day along with numbness in my left hand i am currently on neurontin 300 mg once a day for 5 days then 600 mg after that this has done nothing for me this is my second dose and as for the zanaflex i was suppose to take 1/2 tab i took a whole and it did nothing im left here in pain once again and need some input please help
    Hello.
    I was in your position two years ago. To be honest, the best thing that happened to me was surgery- I had a c5/c6 titanium disk fusion after two years of misery. The meds you are on are conservative but who wants to be on pain meds forever. The sooner you do it, the better. My two year wait on surgery cost me some great years of my life, my marriage, and my independence. People with neck trauma are 13 times more like to develop Fibromyalgia- I am one of those people. Waiting increases your chances for arthritis & side effects. No matter what the surgery costs, it is less than losing your quality of life. Much luck to you, Flyfree

automat is offline New Member

sounds like you need to get off those...check out maybe a small dose of oxy-contin or oxy-codone or even 10mg of methadone, but ask your doc and tell em you dont like those and you need something else.