Need to take Norco after suboxone
    sharilou is offline New Member

Default Need to take Norco after suboxone

I had a Norco addition for a year due to back problems, Went to re-hab and am taking suboxone (for 2 weeks now) I am having surgery tomorrow and will have to take pain meds. I took 2 4mg of suboxone yesterday. Does anyone know if i will be able to take pain meds (vicodin) tomorrow. I am really over the addiction. The subox helped me so much. I have never been an addict, just took too many pain pills because I had disc problems which I am getting repaired tomorrow. Since I'm not taking subox today, I will probably need to take a couple of Norco tonight. Any input on this is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a million

Cats Meow is offline Banned

I replied to your post on the other board, but I'm going to add to that, you best tell your surgeon you just came off of SubO so that you can get a little analgesia post surgery, about the only thing that's going to work is Toradol. Suboxone will block any opioids effects for about 4 days after you stop taking it.

ymccormack is offline Member

You definitely need to make your doctors aware of the fact that you are taking suboxone....

Cat is right...it blocks opiates...so the doctor's need to know to give you something else...especially in case anything happens and you are not able to tell them at the time.

Good Luck on Surgery!

YM