Need Help!!!
    Seek1ngadv1se is offline New Member

Exclamation Need Help!!!

Hi, I was wondering if I can get some feedback. I have Severe Anxiety disorder, especially in social situations. I have much trouble sleeping at night and am currently taking Ambien 10mg and Clonopin 1mg as needed throughout the day. I have tried both Xanax and Clonopin and I never received any relief from them. I started taking these medications about 6 months ago, and I know it is not a tolerance issue, because from the first day I started taking them, I never got any sort of relief. I have tried taking 3-4 mgs at once before to see if it would have any effect at which it didn’t. I didn’t feel any euphoric high (which is not what I was going for but at that dose I was told u should have) and no relief from my anxiety. Has anyone experienced something similar to this and what would you suggest. I am going back to my doctor in a few weeks, and don’t know what more he can do for me as I seem to be "immune" to very intense medications. Any feedback would be much appreciated as my life seems to be spiraling out of control!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I suggest you go to a good dr. to help you. There are physical ailments that can cause anxiety and those should be ruled out before someone puts you on any benzo drug either xanax or klonipin. Go to a counselor and see if there are any issues related to the anxiety. Do anything and everything you can before you need to take a mood altering drug to help your anxiety. Any benzo is extremely difficult to get off of in the future.

Iloerose

Seek1ngadv1se is offline New Member

I see a therapist on a weekly basis.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

See a dr. to rule out any physical/medical issues.

jennyglen is offline New Member

So have you found away to keep your anxiety under control yet? I have that too and I'm curious as to how you got rid of it if you already did.

slattery is offline New Member

Hi there! Here is what I am thinking, and perhaps it MIGHT seem extremely superfluous and non-helpful, but it what has worked for me, personally. First off, I would suggest that you "watch it", before you get too heavily involved in relying on any sort of benzo - xanax, ativan, klonopin (sp?); and consider other options. I USED to get very bad panic attacks, to the point that I could barely board a bus or be in any sort of a crowd. So that I WAS given a supply of xanax (0.5mgs only) to keep on hand. But as I also consume bipolar drugs, you really ARE talking about heavy sedation here. Plus, I just can't tell you how many folks I know who have developed serious drug dependency on this genre of drugs, so you run that risk if you opt to go this route.
    But what I find to work EXTREMELY well for me, is a very long walk along the water, with the help of my ipod. MUSIC on your ears, coupled with some form of exercise, is awfully beneficial. And actually it's a whole lot of FUN! It distracts you away from thinking negative thoughts, the outdoors experience likewise keeps your brain pre-occupied with sights and sounds, and it is proven that any kind of exercise releases chemicals in the brain which generate a calming, relaxing effect.
    If this is not an option for you (i.e. you live in a city whereby you have no access to a park or water), then equally worth considering is YOGA, or alternatively joining a gym. Did hear that the yoga works much better for this sort of thing - but ANY kind of exercise will calm you down really. And just as another poster said here, therapy goes a far way in giving you the opportunity to talk your problems out of your system.
    Please feel better soon....this too shall pass, and it could just be a temporary period in your life, whereby your nerves are on the attack with you! Kathleen