My opiate withdrawal experience
    Airhead1 is offline Member

Default My opiate withdrawal experience

Hey all,
    I figured >> post how my detox is going to give some advice on how im doing it. My past is pretty much like everyone elses. Been on and off painkillers n subs for awhile now. I actually stopped taking subs about 2 months ago once i was down to 1 mg. Then went back to perks between 5-10 a day. I know it sounds dumb but i wanted the subs out of my system. I actually quit 10pm this past wed. Its 7pm saturday now and i feel suprising good. Thurs and friday were a ton worse. I did infact follow a strict thomas recipe type of detox. Also the reason i feel pretty good is due to my normal exercise and healthy eating habits. I have done detox before and it was a lot worse when i wasnt in shape. Here is what i am taking now and it has been wonders(except for sleep n rls, helps some)
    2 times a day i take glutamine, methionine, and tyrosine with b6. This helps with your brain coming back to normal. I start the day with that with only drinking water on an empty stomach.(this is key) aftet that hour i then take multi vitamins, fish oil(omega 3 6 9), potassium, immodium and tylenol. I do this twice a day. Also i will only eat protein rich(no red meat), fiber and potassium rich foods. Your not gonna be hungry so its not that hard. Went shopping before i knew i was doing this. i do have ambien for sleep but only take if i def cant sleep. Rls seems to be there no matter what but each day its gotten better. Keeping this regiment strict with exercise helps. I know excercise is tough for some but its better than all the above. The mental aspect is the part where nature takes its course. I dont feel like i did before but there is a hint of goodness that i know is coming. I have been living in this dream world with raw emotions being kept in a bottle. my dads death put me in this position and i know he would not want to see me keeping this life. Ive taken hope that he is watching me and cheering me on. No matter how bad u feel if you can find that happy thought you will beat this. Im just pissed it took me 5 years.

Lisavawa is offline Junior Member

Smile To Airhead

Thanks for sharing this information. I am preparing for my detox starting Monday. I, probably like you have done this many times but this is my first time using the Thomas Method. I've read a lot of information on this "recipe" but haven't really seen Ambien discussed much. I do have some and am planning on using it since it helps me sleep and in the past that has been one of the major issues. I am not one who exercises much but plan on walking a lot. If nothing else it will give me something to do since time seems to almost stand still during those first few days.

I am glad you are beating this. Its encouraging to hear that others are struggling but winning. Stay strong and keep up the good work. Your Dad I'm sure is smiling down on you!

Thanks lisa, i hope the recipe helps you as it did me. I personally hate any benzos so thats why i used some ambien. Its now day 4 and i seem to be fine but i have some stomach pain. It may be from my protein n fiber diet though. I went to the gym but was really lethargic. Pushed through and spent 20 min in the sauna. I have my nieces bday party today so hopefully my family boosts my mood. I do love driving when its nice out. Gives me a good amount of positive thinking. Time for hot shower. Late

I look forward to saying I've made it to day 4. I like to drive too. We have wind and rain here today. Rather fitting, I feel like I am caught in a storm not only physically but also emotionally. I hope the birthday party went well and that you stay strong through all of this. I think you will, you seem like you have your situation under control.

just got back from the bday party and that was a great mood booster. Drank a red bull before i went to pick up my energy as i was a little lethargic. Lisa, if you need any advice when you start on monday let me know. I pretty much studied this for the last month and received most of my answers from friend who is a doctor. There is really nothing to make you feel perfect, but there are things to make certain symptoms better. That goes for the physical part. My opinion on the mental part has to due with ones motive and drive. You really have to dig deep and ask yourself "am i ready to do this " once your mind is set, you have to keep up positive thoughts even though u might think there are none. Everyone has that positive thought and once you find it you will see what i mean. I am coming to the end of day 4 and go back to work tommorow. Hopefully i can get some uninterrupted sleep, but i know that probably is not going to happen.. weird but lookimg forward to work because sitting in my house for the last 4.5 days is bugging me out. Tomorrow i hope starts me on the tract to normal. Lets pray and see what life has in store. Kinda excited..

Well its Day 5 and I am sitting here at work. Not feeling to bad. I am rather tired but i think that is due to oversleeping last night. I think i slept from midnight to 9am(waking up every couple hours though) I really would love to know when my natural energy will come back. I know its different for everyone, but I miss it. I feel like i worked harder when on pain killers. i was a machine. I also still have a slightly upset stomach no matter what I eat. Its a different feeling as I can still eat and be fine, just a little uneasy. Ill see what some pepto does. Other than that I have no more physical symptoms. Lisa, I know you said your starting today, so GOOD LUCK!!! Be postive.

Day by day is the only way to live

5days

Default Day 1

Good to hear from you AirHead! I made it through the first 24 hours. I took my daughter to school then came back home and got back into bed. At about noon I started to get restless so I got up went for a walk and ran some errands. I had a good night sleep without any Ambien, took a couple of Benedryl and they did the trick. My fear is tonight. In the past the worst thing has been the RLS on night 2 and 3. I could probably find this in your previous postings but I'm to lazy but do you take a multi-vitamin with potassium or potassium as a single suppliment? How many mgs of potassium do you take a day?

I agree that you need to keep a positive frame of mind and to keep your mind on all the good things that will come from getting rid of the drugs. I also keep my mind on the past. Back in 2004 I found myself in the back of a police car after forging a prescription. I got off lucky with a diverted sentence and the felony conviction was removed from my record after doing every thing they requested of me including a stint through rehab. For me, an almost middle aged mother of a teenager, college educated professional woman that's the last place I want to end up again. Luckily I spent only a few hours in the city jail but it was definitely an eye opening experience and one I don't care to relive. I know if I don't stop now I may end up in that position again.

I am currently not working but I was back in 2004. I won't go into the entire story although it might help you sleep (yawn-boring) but the rx pad I used was from my place of employment. By the grace of god and a very understanding boss I didn't lose my job. They gave me a 90 day leave of absence. At the time it was hard not to be working. Like you I just wanted my life to be normal again. Do you work in an office setting or are you doing something that requires muscle?

I appreciate your support and hope you continue in the direction you are going. Do you go to meetings or anything? Back in 2004 I had to go to meetings as part of my diversion. They were helpful but I had a group of people I went with from rehab. It's hard going back alone after so much time has gone by but I know I will need to do something to stay in recovery. Sure don't want to find myself back here again.

Have a good 6th day!

Default Day 6

WOW.. today is a great day. Finally have my upset stomach gone and feel certain energy that i had not felt that last 5 days. I know i will probably get exhausted by the end of the day but i cant complain. The RLS is still there but it gets a little better everyday. Just wish it would speed up a bit faster. I stopped the ambien but I am glad i had it for those first few days. The suprising part of all these multi vitamins and supplements is that its helping in other areas

Lisa, Its good to hear you made it through the first 24 hours and about now you should be well into your second day. That was the worst day for me physically. By no means did i feel great after that but I learned to get used to it since I knew what to expect. The potassium i took was partially in supplement form because I did not have much of an appetite the first few days. I had 100mg potassium pills and took 2, 3 times a day. Also i was eating bananas, fresh OJ and almonds. I does not take away rls but i felt it made it more manageable. As far as what I do is I sell mortgages for a large lender. Been doing it for years and love it. Its pretty stressful but it keeps you busy all day and not thinking about what Im going through. The first 4 days of WD i was at home and started to bug out a little due to being in my house. Like i said before, I would just get up and drive with the windows down and listen to music. That was such a relief. I hope you are doing good today and hang in there as it does get better, I promise. A strong mind and a strong will is your best medicine.

Day 6

Unhappy Day 3

Airhead, Wow... last night was horrible. The RLS did me in. I was up and down all night. The RLS and not being able to regulate my temperature about drove me nuts made for a very poor night of sleep and to top it off I only had 1/2 of an Ambien left. Today was my daughter's 16th birthday. This morning I took 5mgs of hydrococone that I had tucked away to make the day somewhat manageable. It helped take the edge off and let me be present for the birthday festivities this evening. I've tried not to beat up on myself today for "cheating". I got more Ambien today so I know tonight will be easier. I look forward to being where you are now. You should be proud of yourself, as I am sure your Dad would be. This is not easy! I remember back in 2004 on my 5th day standing at my daughter's soccer game and feeling so good about being clean, having energy and looking forward to a "normal" life. I need to keep that memory close to my heart so I don't forget that there is actually something to look forward to after I make it through these days and nights. I have had trouble keeping anything in my stomach and hadn't eaten anything since Monday. I tried to eat a banana last night but couldn't keep it down. I am going to try again here in a bit.

A mortgage broker huh? My nephew is in the mortgage business down in Sourthern California. His company has really been negatively impacted by the bad economy during the last couple of years. Because of this he and his wife had to short sell their beautiful home and move into a rental. He was making really good money when he first started about 5 years ago. They bought this great house and a bunch of "boy" toys...boat, 4 wheelers, RV, etc but lost it all this past year. I hope you have not been hit hard.

Well, here is to a better night tonight. I am glad you are doing so well. It gives me hope to hear how well things are going for you. Like you I like to drive but living in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon) not too condusive to rolling around with the windows down. Not this time of year at least!

Cool Day 3 - Part 2

AH...I was reading your previous postings and noticed, when we talked about Ambien that you said that you don't like benzos. Can I ask why you don't? I have had really limited exposure to Valium and Ativan but in thinking about the worst of what I am going through...the RLS and general restlessness... a good dose of one or the other might really calm the leg kicking and the over all restlessness. Comments, concerns, criticisms? My main issue with the benzos is getting addicted to that. Sure as hell don't want the cure to turn into another problem. My Mom was addicted to Valium back in the 60's when doctors prescribed them to all women entering into that that period of life where you no longer could bare a child and things started sagging. Nowadays you just get a boob job, no valium needed! Sorry, I got off point there. Anyhow, I am interested in what you have to say about the benzos. I have taken valium before dental procedures and they gave me a nice calm feeling which righ about now would be welcomed. Again, the issue I have is concern about becoming addicted to them and from what I heard from my rehab mates there's nothing worse to w/d from.

Another thing that has been a challenge for me is having my husband and daughter here. I can't claim my monthly friend is visiting when she was just here (sorry, hope you aren't nasty'd out by girl talk). My husband is probably suspicious since he has been around when I was going through this but this time he has no idea that I've been using again, I don't think. In one way it would be easier for me to have his support but having him know would break down the trust we have worked hard to repair since my trip to the pokey. I have been a master at hiding my addiction. My husband was shocked, more than shocked, the day I called him to come pick me up from jail. None of my family, friends or coworkers had any idea but once I got arrested word spread fast. So anyway this time even though there are 2 others here it almost makes it harder because I am unwell and trying to hide it. Maybe I should tell my husband, I could sure use his help and support and he'd understand why I am spending so much time in bed. I guess I could say I have the flu. As for my daughter she was too young back in 04 to understand and we kept her very sheilded from it all. However, my husband did have to take her to the bailbondsman office to get me out. Two weeks later her school class took a field trip of the downtown portion of our city and as we were walking by I could hear her tell her friends as we walked by that office that "that nice man in there gave me crayoons and a coloring book when daddy was getting mommy". The other kids didn't understand but I saw so raised eye brows and heard some snickering among the other parents. Actually one of the reasons I want to be clean is so I can explain to her about addiction. I would feel like a hipocrit doing that while I am using. Sorry, off point again. This is a perfect example of how my mind rambles when I am going through the w/ds. Kind of sounds as if you live alone and can flopp all over the bed when you can't be still.

Okay, the Ambien is kicking in. I am really hoping for a good night sleep. Tomorrow I have to take my monster in law shopping.

Sorry for all the rambling but it helps time pass quickly. I will be looking forward to your opinion on benzos.

Keep up the good work AirHead!

Default Day 8

Hey Lisa,

You seem to be in a tougher position than me. I am not married nor have any kids. I live by myself and have a very good job when it comes to taking off or sometimes even making different hours. I was however not impacted by the mortgage meltdown. I live a kind of hippie style of life to where i never live beyond my means. Boats, cars, and big house dont do anything for me. My hobbies are less expensive,(Surfing, snowboarding, basketball, lifting, and video games) haha . Why the money was great during those years I chose to travel instead. I drove across country twice.(philly to vegas, vegas to socal, socal, to Pacific NW, Pacific NW to colorado, then back home) The problem was most of those times I was all on opiates. I just got a crazy rush of energy and drive from them as well as helping with backpain that I have from a sports injury.

all in all, i feel normal again. I have no real reason to do another perk or opiate of that kind. I told my one friend who also quit(same time as me) that I would do 1 if the phillies win the world series. of course if I go that long i will probably say no to that too.

You asked me also about benzos. I just see those drugs as an overprescribed drug like perks or ritalin. I know people that take xanax and valium and look like zombies after taking it. So my impression is that I am trying to beat axiety and stress my own way with different hobbies and nutritional methods(adrenal support). If i need sleep ill eat a melatonin pill or take half and ambiem but have not needed them the last 2 nights. However I do smoke a lil marijauna time to time so that could be putting me to sleep. Well i hope your doing well and dont worry about the 5mg pill you took. You had a big obligation and task at hand. The part about telling your family can go either way. I have dont have those answers. For me it would not help as im seen as a person in my family that would not come out and have this issue. I know I put myself in this position and I am the only that can get me out. So NA or any other groups are not for me. As weird as it sounds, I rather just think to myself in a kind of meditation type of way. For some people its almost nessesary so for them it works wonders. I hope you are doing well and hang in there. Hopefully will be seeing a day 8 from you soon...

Thumbs up Day 4

I grew up right outside of Philly, Pete Rose and Tug McGraw lived down the street from us, we lived there during the teams glory years in the 70's when they won the penant (is that what its called?) I'm not a huge baseball fan but I've always rooted for them....until this year. Just kidding, sounds like a fun, friendly bet.

I had a rough night last night but made it through the day. I even spent 3 hours with my mother in law and that would tempt anyone to use. I am starting to feel better, like I've made it through the worst of it. The nights are tough though. Too much time to think about being uncomfortable.

I appreciate your opinion about the benzos and agree with you. I actually took a nice long walk this morning and the fresh air in my lungs was just as relaxing as any pill would have been. I got chased by a dog so I even got a little cardio in as well. I appreciate your encouragement about exercise. I'm the first to admit my status as a couch potato and although I laugh at my friends that make working out a big priority in their lives I do have to admit (just between you and I) getting the heart pumping and breathing in some good clean fresh air really does do the mind and body good. As for smoking a little weed, I've read quite a few postings here where others have sworn by it. I haven't smoked since college but hell this is Oregon, it's easier to find here than the clove cigs I smoke.

Growing up in Philadelphia (actually New Jersey but right across the river), went to school in Colorado for 2 years and then finished my final 3 years in Oregon (I was on the 5 year plan) so I have made the drive across country many times and also my Dad lives in SoCal so I've taken the Oregon to Cal drive many times. Love that drive down 101 although it takes 4 times as long. Did you say you windsurf? When I got clean back in '04 on day 7 I drove out the Columbia Gorge and sat there all afternoon watching my college roommate windsurf. I've never done it but what an awesome thing to watch. I could not believe how fast some of those guys go and how high (no pun intended) out of the water they get. My roommate was taking a lesson so she never got more than about 20 feet from the river's edge or dock.

Keep up the good work. I appreciate your support!

Cool Carisoprodol

Hey AirHead, quick question.....I have spent the last hour in bed with the worst RLS yet. I start kicking like crazy and then for some reason I then feel like my entire body needs to rock back and forth. Its absolutely nuts. I'm embarrassed to admit that my husband and I have this old water bed. You could probably surf the waves once I get going...its that bad, so you can imagine my poor husband during these nights. I have some Somas, Carisoprodol which I really no nothing about. I do know that they are used reacreational. I knew a girl who mixed the somas with oxys and OD'd. Would the Somas be something to try for the RLS? I know you are not an MD but just looking for some advice from someone who knows their pharmicuticals.

Thanks!

Default Day 5

Happy Friday! I had a rough beginning of the night last night but I ate a couple of bannanas and took a benedryl and got the best 4 hours of sleep I've had all week. I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of hope. Its amazing what a little sleep will do. I am kind of surprised to have made it this far. On Monday Friday seemed a lifetime away and when I took the hydro I felt like my ship was sinking but sitting here looking out at the rainy day I have hope and see the possibilities of a life not revolving around how or where the drugs will come from. Like you mentioned, when I am using I feel like I have so much energy. I really feel like this will be my next task...to find alternative ways of boosting my natural energy. I know improving my diet and exercising will be a big factor. I need to get involved in "hobbies" or things to occupy my time. Its amazing, in my life, the amount of time and resources I've used chaising the next high. I know that if that time is not filled I risk falling back into those same patterns. What is it they say...Idle hands and an idle mind are the devils workshop? I think there is a lot of truth to that. Fortunately or unfortunately I have the ability financially not to have to work but I'm sure my daughter and all the activities she participates in will be happy to have her mom back and playing a more active roll in her life.

Soldiering on.....hope you are doing well and congrats on 10 days!

Default Day 10

Hey Lisa,

Good job and I am glab you made it to day 5. That was the last day for me feeling physical symptoms(and they were minor). Im telling you that keeping your mind occupied is the best thing to do. I am always trying to catch a high doing something. So now its about exercise, sports and maybe a a little sports for the NCAA basketball tourney. HAHA. i cant resist. To answer your previous post, i just do regular surfing. I have tried wind surfing in the ocean and its pretty intense. We did it right in the break of the waves.. There is something about the rush of 40 degree water seeping in the wetsuit when you go underwater. Then all of the sudden paddling as hard as you can for a 20 second ride...(surfing i am speaking of. I went yesterday.) was not that good but a great exercise.

ALso, the RLS will get better with each day. I am almost rid of it on day 10. If i sit at home before I go to bed on my couch i can still feel it. But i get so tired that it does not sway me away from a good sleep. The last 3 nights i have slept from midnight to 8am(with little awakining). I also exhaust myself everyday with exercise so that might be it. I still take MASS amounts of supplements and eat healthy. I think every part of my body gets a specific vitamin. Was a little costly but 100% worth it. I hope your day 6 is the eye opener it was for me. Theres nothing like getting up in the morning not wanting a painkiller. its truly the high I needed to be chasing... Well i am done work early today(great weather here in philly and NJ) and will be heading to the beach right after. I only wish the water was warmer so a full body wetsuit was not needed. Not very fun for someone at my size( 6"8 and 260 lbs)
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-18-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Smile Have a good weekend!

I hope you enjoy your first "free" weekend of no drugs and feeling well. I hope you get some good beach time in. For some reason I pictured you as a Californian. I grew up in Cherry Hill NJ. Sounds like you may be familiar with the area?

I strongly agree.. at this point occupying time is essential. With the first spring weekend and a houseful of teenage girls that should not be too difficult!

Keep up the good work, stay positive and enjoy a great weekend!

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I actually work right in Moorestown/Mt Laurel area. Right where 295 meets 38. I dont know if you remember those roads or not.. haha.

I will most certainly enjoy this weekend. It will have some beers and good food to go along with mass amount of college basketball. I played in college and some professional myself but those days are long gone.

Everyone always told me I was on the wrong coast so thats funny you said that. I envy cali life compared to mine but with all family and friends here its hard to leave. So for now its only vacations or road trips.

Hope all is well. have a great weekend. Ill talk to you when i get back. peace!

Tommorow is day 11.. Rls almost gone and weather is beautiful. Its almost like a present for me.

Talking Enjoy your weekend!

Airhead, what a small world. When I mentioned growing up in Cherry Hill I actually lived there until I left for college. I went to Cherry Hill East. I remember well the area around where you work...well, I haven't been back there since 84 so I am sure it has changed. I have a high school classmate that is a physical therapist right in the Mt Laurel area and also another classmate that owns a dental clinic on Kings Highway.. Her family lived next door to mine and her Dad, also a dentist had something to do with the 76ers organization (I am not sure if basketball teams have a team dentist?) ....because of that he had season tickets and they would take my sister and I to basketball games. I haven't thought of those days in ages but just tonight I was sitting here with my husband watching the Huskie game and telling my husband about going to games after seeing Charles Barkley commentating...and then I read your post, quite a coincidence!

I feel pretty good tonight. Kind of worried about sleep of course but I have a renewed sence of hope about beating this. Hope is a good thing to have on your side. I need to keep in sight all the good things to come. I appreciate your encouragement and hearing how you are doing so well is encouraging in itself. You seem like a guy that's put yourself on a positive path and other than the addiction issue I bet you have for a long time. I admire your drive for fitness and health. I need to get going on that path myself. Its funny, I pictured you as a spindly Cali surfer boy like Spanoli or whatever that kids anme was in that movie (Fast Times and something High?) LOL, I don't think I could have have been more wrong...6'8"? I bet you turn a lot of heads out there surfing!

Well, enjoy your weekend! How about those Huskies? They almost lost that at the end didn't they! I am an Alum of University Of Portland but my twin sister is an Alumni of West Virginia and my dad Kansas State so I will be pulling for the family favorites!

Default By the way....

From what you have told me about yourself I am sure your Dad was so very proud of you as a son and as a man but of all your accomplishments I bet he would be (is) very proud of the work you've done these past few weeks! I am sure he spent a fair amont of time cheering you on as an athlete and continues to do so from the best seat in the house!

Smile One Week

I have made it a week and most of the worst physical issues are gone with the exception of sleep and a bit of an upset stomach. I'm sure fighting the mental aspects though, the cravings. I have too much time on my hands to think. This is definitely a war with lots of different battles. I had lunch with a friend so that helped occupy me for a portion of the day.

I hope you are winning your war and enjoying all the basketball. Hard to believe how much college basketball has been on the tube this past week and weekend!

Default Day 14

Hey Lisa,

I am doing fine still. I hear ya about the sleeping problems. I still have a little RLS here and there. Not as bad as it was day 1-8. The mental part is the toughest. You start feeling fine and think you can take em and be ok. The mental part just takes time. Just go day by day only and let the future just happen. The college basketball games start back tomorrow so I cannot wait. There are such good games thurs and Fri. Well i hope your doing well. I talk to you soon..

Default Day 9

Good to hear from you. I hear what you are saying about the mental aspects. I have that going on now....thinking I have this handled so it would be okay to take some thing. I had a couple of years before this started and how this started was one perc given to me ironically by someone I went through rehab with. That one perc was the beginning of a long stretch where my use doubled what it had been within days. That really sucked. I was feeling so good and that damn little pill ruined it all. If nothing else it was an important lesson. I thought about that a lot today and I still was thinging I should get me some thing just to see what its like after more than a week. I feel really weak right now. In the past I was in rehab when these feelings came and so they were beat down fast. I will just have to try and stay strong. Tomorrow night my daughter has an orchestra concert at the high school. In the past I have always used before these things. They'd give me energy and make me fun to be with there (at least that's my perception). Now facing tomorrow's show I dread having to go. I feel like me energy and emotions are so dull. I know time will take care of this, guess I need to keep reminding myself of this.

I noticed the basketball suddenly stopped and now they are advertising it again. Do they take a break or some thing?

Stay strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisavawa View Post
    Good to hear from you. I hear what you are saying about the mental aspects. I have that going on now....thinking I have this handled so it would be okay to take some thing. I had a couple of years before this started and how this started was one perc given to me ironically by someone I went through rehab with. That one perc was the beginning of a long stretch where my use doubled what it had been within days. That really sucked. I was feeling so good and that damn little pill ruined it all. If nothing else it was an important lesson. I thought about that a lot today and I still was thinging I should get me some thing just to see what its like after more than a week. I feel really weak right now. In the past I was in rehab when these feelings came and so they were beat down fast. I will just have to try and stay strong. Tomorrow night my daughter has an orchestra concert at the high school. In the past I have always used before these things. They'd give me energy and make me fun to be with there (at least that's my perception). Now facing tomorrow's show I dread having to go. I feel like me energy and emotions are so dull. I know time will take care of this, guess I need to keep reminding myself of this.

I noticed the basketball suddenly stopped and now they are advertising it again. Do they take a break or some thing?

Stay strong!

Hello again...

yes the basketball games get a break once the teams make the Sweet 16(16 final teams). The games are tonight and tom. I cannot wait. Its this type of stuff that keeps my mind occupied. Also I have been watching a lot of Blu ray movies and video games. I have a pretty cool Home theater set up in my house so i can bury myself in there and keep my mind straight. The hardest part for me is when I have to do something to where i have to travel or have to spend a good amount of time at. I used to be able to take some and it would make me breeze right through. now it seems more realistic.. well enough of me blabbering.. hope all is well.

Thumbs down Duke

My husband grabbed the remote before I had a chance to hide it. So Basketball beat out American Idol, damn! Anyhow, the new cranky, inpatient Lisa (which I hope with more clean time will decrease) begrudingly watched basketball. Not only was I little less than thrilled about watching the game but then the team I was hoping to win got spanked big time. One of the Duke players is from Oregon. I am sure there are many upset by that game, I bet you included, aren't you?

I agree with the travel thing. Once I got to where I was going the drugs really enhanced the trip. However for me I would have so much stress about getting enough before I was to leave and especially if I was going to be away for. Couple of weeks or more. The week before going would be a mad rush to doctors and pharmacies. And then of course there were the interesting times going through the airport screening with 5 or 6 480 ml bottles of Hydromet (cough syrup). A couple of times I was actually asked I told the screener that I was a veterinarian and transfering medications to a clinic where ever it was I was going. They seemed okay by that answer.

It seems like every thing I used to do revolved around the drugs. Now without them my normal rythmm is off. Its so strange the patterns I developed. I am so looking forward to getting my natural energy back. I feel so dull. And right there is my relapse fear, to help with that. I'm thinking I should go to a meeting. In the past I went to AA even though I am not a drinker they just seem better than NA, the are lame, at least the ones I have been too were.

Enjoy you weekend of basketball. Stay strong. I am always around if you need to chat.

Lisa

Default Basketball

Airhead, I'd ask who your favorite team is but don't want you to loose your annonymity (sp) having played....how about this...as long as its a school you did not play for, who is your favorite? Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Lisavawa View Post
    Airhead, I'd ask who your favorite team is but don't want you to loose your annonymity (sp) having played....how about this...as long as its a school you did not play for, who is your favorite? Lisa
    Hey Lisa,

I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My favorite team just won. UCONN!!! It might have been the worst game I have ever seen, but I am happy they won. I hear you about the weird patterns. I still dont feel like I did when I never took the pills. I dont know if that will come back. I hope all is still good... peace

deanslawncare is offline New Member

Listen up people those that are taking up to 80 mg a day of hydrocodone, Look you can either break the habbit now while you still have some money left or you can break the habbit after your flat broke the choice is yours. But unless your planning to go to the pure herion in the next few years you better stop because the pills are going to lose power. I just lived 4 days of pure hell, experiencing extremely bad withdrawals Today I went to the store and got Motrine and aleeve and imodium I think the imodium is what made me feel better, because I ate something for the first time today in 2 days. All you have to do is suck it up, and bear with the pain for about 4 days and at that point things will get better. Please do it now

T. Lincecum is offline New Member

I know this question wasn't adressed to me, but if you take enough SOMAs they will help by putting you to sleep. That's just my experience. You might feel dizzy which is normal. I know exactly what feeling you are talking about, I'm so sorry sweetie