Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ladynpaindaily
Multiple questions and long med history
    Ladynpaindaily is offline New Member

Default Multiple questions and long med history

Hello everyone,
    I am a 37 yr old female with a medical history and a half. Since I was 11 yrs old I have been in multiple car accidents which caused degenerative disc disease, a herniated disc in the lumbar spine, 2 completely deteriorated discs in the lower lumbar, a torn disc, a blown disc, on top of scoliosis of the spine and the nerves in my spine are separating, ended up with Cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, enlarged liver, enlarged spleen (both of which have gone back down to normal), a blood clotting disorder, Fibromyalgia, Menieres Disease, Hypothyroidism, Migraines, Sinus Tachycardia (fast heart rate) plus my heart keeps skipping a lot!,A Hiatal Hernia, Had my first Myocardial Infarction (heart attack) at the young age of 21yrs old after I had my daughter and now they found out that my hips are popping out of joint and I am tearing ligaments in my hips. I have died 5 times and been close to death 8 other times all in 16 yrs.
    After seeking many different doctors to find help for my back and Fibromyalgia, I finally found a wonderful Neurosurgeon who ended up putting an Intrathecal Pain Pump inside me and there is a cathetar that goes to my spinal cord. Well there are alot of risks involved with this, some that absolutely terrify me and I was not aware of before they put the pump in. However, the pump works okay to a point, but now they have turned it up to almost max and if they turn it up one more time then there is nothing more that they can do to take away the pain I go through (at least through the pump)
    I am also on Oxycodone 15 mgs 5x's a day and Robaxin 750 mgs 4 x's a day, however, it doesn't seem like the Oxycodone works like it should, but I am allergic to Morphine, Advil, Ibruprofen, Aleve, Naproxen and many other things.
    They won't turn up the meds as they say they can't with everything that is in the pump which I have Fentynel, Clonidine, Dilaudid, and an anesthetic in the pump. They CAN however change the pain medicine, but my question is, I am wondering, should I get the pump removed and try a stronger pain medicine to help with the pain? Or should I leave it in there and just deal with what I have now? Or should I try another medicine? The Oxycodone takes the edge off and the Robaxin helps with the muscle spams tremendously, but the Oxycodone doesn't take away the pain with my hips and the Fibromyalgia.Even with the pump in sometimes it has gotten to the point where I can't move and I end up having to drag my body across the floor or my hip will pop and I can't walk. Seems like I can't win for losing.
    Is there something out there to help with the Fibro that I can use with the Oxycodone? Or?
    I am just not sure what to do. Some days are so bad that I just curl into a ball and cry because the Fibro is so bad at times.
    Another thing that keeps happening is that my arm keeps going numb whenever I sleep and upon wakening I cannot move my arm unless I pop my elbow then the numbness goes away. What can be done about that?
    Anyone have any answers? If so, I would greatly appreciate it very much!
    Sincerely,
    Ladynpaindaily

PS: I have been through the spinal injections and they didn't work. Surgery isn't an option as they said they can't as it won't work
    Last edited by Ladynpaindaily; 01-29-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    l5pine likes this.

l5pine is offline Junior Member

Hi Ladynpaindaily,
    I'm a guynpaindaily and I was hoping that I could ask you a few questions about your pain pump. i know that it probably hurts terribly to type but if you are able I could sure use your advice.

Thanks bunches!
    Des
    ~~"I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY THAT EVER SAID NO TO ME, BECAUSE OF THEM - 'I DID IT MYSELF!'"~~