Methadone vs. Naloxone as a blocker
    falcon200 is offline New Member

Default Methadone vs. Naloxone as a blocker

Is methadone a blocker like naloxone? Will you get sick if take methadone before starting to withdrawal from opiates (like you would if you took suboxone?) Thanks

Cats Meow is offline Banned

No Methadone is not a blocker like Naloxone, Methadone will hog up the receptor so little other opioids can get in.
    If you're in w/d SubO or Methadone both will help, not make you sick, (you have wrong info on SubO).
    The Naloxone in SubO only releases it's blocking dose should the pill be crushed and injected or insufflated.

I appreciate the info. But suboxone most definately will make you go into withdrawals if you take it before you are already in withdrawals. It does not need to be injected or crushed or otherwise manipulated for the naloxone to block.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

The naloxone in suboxone does not come into effect unles snorted,shot or plugged.The bioavailability when taken orally is terrible which is why they put it there.When taken properly the nalaxone doesn't come into play.
    What's happening is buprenorphene is a partial antagonist and it also has the highest affinity to the opiate receptors of all the opiates known.So when you take buprenorphene it literally pushes all other opiates off the addicts receptors there by precipatating withdrawls......Dave

I see. I thought it was the naloxone blocking. But either way withdrawals will start so I need to start taking it after I begin to get sick. I was just wondering if methadone would have a similar effect, but I don't think it does. Thanks.