Lyrica
    LadyTenn422 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Lyrica

anyone have any experience with lyrica and what should I expect from 75 milligrams...... that is some xpensive stuff....... i also take neurotin (much cheaper) and lots of other stuff...lets see, lamictal, seroquel (at ngith) lyrica, neurontin, xanax xr and xananx instant and believe it or not doc has me on tramadol but I can only pick it up weekly...... 56 a week, only once a week, to prevnet any temptaions, lol....... okay, so anyone??

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Wow you're on alot of sedating meds!!!
    Lyrica is a terrific new drug that works extremely well on nerve pain such as fibromalygia(sp),scitica pain ect.Neurontin is now considered outdated by this new drug and you likely won't need it once the lyrica takes hold.Give the lyrica a good couple weeks to work and also be prepared for some sedation for the first week or so.
    Can I ask why your on Xanax XR and xanax ir????I ask only because these drugs should really only be used for a maximum 2 weeks at a time.They are very addicting and can cause fatal withdrawls if you try and stop cold turkey.Be careful......Dave

PainfulCrash2005 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Saving Grace...

I've been on a number of drugs for the neuropathic pains that shoot down my legs (from a spine injury from auto accident). The Lyrica has truly been a blessing!!! It is QUITE expensive. I pay $100 a month for it--and that's WITH insurance. The reason it is so expensive is because it doesn't come in a generic form, yet. It definitely made me drowsy the first few weeks until my body adjusted to it. I take 3 a day, now, of the 100mg. I recommend starting off slowly b/c of the sleepiness. Try it, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell a difference in it and the Neurontin. Good luck!!!

ferrkits is offline New Member

Smile lyrica

Quote Originally Posted by LadyTenn422 View Post
    anyone have any experience with lyrica and what should I expect from 75 milligrams...... that is some xpensive stuff....... i also take neurotin (much cheaper) and lots of other stuff...lets see, lamictal, seroquel (at ngith) lyrica, neurontin, xanax xr and xananx instant and believe it or not doc has me on tramadol but I can only pick it up weekly...... 56 a week, only once a week, to prevnet any temptaions, lol....... okay, so anyone??

Hi LadyTenn422
    I too take lyrica but I take the 100 milligrams have been on this medicine for over a year now. I at first felt kind of light headed with it but not sure if its because I also take morphine. I think that had a lot to do with the way the lyrica made me feel but once I got used to it I dont notice anything from it now. they have even upped my dose. I have permenant root nerve damage from my lower back down my left leg so this is why I take the lyrica and the morphine. but I know the lyrica has made a big difference in the pain that I have most of the time the relief is great . I took neurontin for awhile also but did not like that as much . Lyrica is expensive and I could not afford it for awhile but I got lucky and have gotten help with my prescriptions so now I only pay like $5 for 90 pills so its not bad at all. The neurontin I didnt like that because right after my surgery they had a law suite for that drug and im not sure why they filed or what kind of health problems it causes but im sure they will find something with lyrica also. but I my self like the lyrica it has helped me out alot with my nerve pain and I hope you do well with it as well.
    Good Luck
    I hope I helped you a little
    ferrkits

Alliekat is offline New Member

Default Lyrica and Cymbalta

Hello everyone!
    Its my first time on here. Thought >> try to reach out to those who have the same issues i have! I had neck surgery in Nov. 07. A fusion at c6-7. Everything went well.. However ive been off work for 4 months now and im still experiancing pain! (FYI im 22 years old and a hair stylist). I have been on percocet for a year now, 1-5 a day.. I need ambien and soma at night just to sleep.. i wake up with HORRIBLE stiff neck and pain down my legs still. I feel as though i've tried everything!! Chiro, massage therapy, pain management, etc..
    However, last week, my mother googled Fibromyalgia and i was stunned to relate to every sign and symptom! My doctor agreed i was suffering from Fibro, and put me on Cymbalta (for pain and depression) and Lyrica (to treat the fibro). My pain is so much better! I hardly feel any, no more stiff neck, and i feel as though im alot happier! HOWEVER... Im SO tired in the morning now i feel drugged. I am so dizzy and confused.. Has anyone else had these experiances?
    Also, im on 30mg of Cymbalta, and 50mg of Lyrica. I am told to double the dosage next week. I might not wake up :S? I try taking Cymbalta at about 7-8pm and Lyrica at about 7am. Does anyone know the best time to take these? So im not so tired?!?

HELP! I hope someone reads this and can give me some info. I dont know anyone going through what i am..

Allie.

PainfulCrash2005 is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Allie...

When my Pain Managment Doc first put me on Lyrica, he gave me 100mg 3x a day. I had the same feeling as you. (Mine is not for Fibromyalgia, but for neuropathic pains in my legs, as a result of my auto accident). I was very drowsy, etc. I ended up cutting it back to 1 a day, and still have relief from them. I take it at night, and it actually helps throughout the next day. Friends of mine who are on it toughed it through the drowsy days and now they are used to it, and it is no longer an issue... So, that's at least two options for you...Hopefully that helps!

TexasTornadoDeb is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyTenn422 View Post

I've been on Lyrica for 5 months now for Fibro. I started with a dosage of 3 75 1st week, going up each week to 5 pills. You bet they are not cheap!!! I told my doctor and he put me on two different scripts to combat the prices. The insurance company looks at three pills a day as the norm, but they are in different strengths. I too am on Xanax xr. For awhile I did feel sleepy but that has subsided. I now take two 100's a day and one 200. I tried to get a lower dose, but the doctor is not going for it. My complaint? One of the side effects is WEIGHT GAIN!! My poor old kness and back cannot handle gaining 20 pounds a month. Instead I am now on a diet of nearly nothing. Well, like I always tell him, "we will try your way first!" I'm sure if my new diet doesn't work and the weight continues he will get me on a lower dosage. I do pay less for the two prescriptions versus 5 75's per day! It's supposed to be time released, so honestly you can get away with one pill a day for what ever strength you need to be on. Talk to your doctor about it and you might want to check with the pharmacist ahead of time to see which is more cost effective. My Lyrica is still the highest costing. I hope a generic comes quickly. I have heard it is.

MomToBe is offline New Member

i took lyrica for a month, since its more for fibro, and i have myfacial, it didnt work for me..i had no negative effects though and i was taking 2 pills 3 times a day of the 75mg...thats a lot!! haha. but yeah nothing i thought bad about it at all.