labcorp drug test question
    komodo44 is offline New Member

Default labcorp drug test question

does any one know what labcorp"s test (5 drug bund) means???

i am assuming that it screens for the major drugs, does anyone know if valium shows up?

Laguria is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by komodo44

does any one know what labcorp"s test (5 drug bund) means???

i am assuming that it screens for the major drugs, does anyone know if valium shows up?

Labcorp panel of 5 means they look for 5 different types of drugs. Benzodapenes are one of the 5 and valium is a benzoidapene.

komodo44 is offline New Member

i didn't even specifiy what 5 pan test it was

okay, i know there are different combinations with 5 panal test however Labcorp has a few diferent 5 panal test i was just wondering what 799452 screens for?

Laguria is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by komodo44

i didn't even specifiy what 5 pan test it was

okay, i know there are different combinations with 5 panal test however Labcorp has a few diferent 5 panal test i was just wondering what 799452 screens for?
    I apologise about the misinformation concerning valium. Looks like benzoids are not tested in the original 5 test. Hope the following info helps.

The NIDA 5
    Federal government guidelines (by NIDA-The National Institute on Drug Abuse and SAMHSA-the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) require that companies which use commercial class drivers licenses for employees must have a testing system in place. Among other things, this required testing program must test for 5 specific categories of drugs (sometimes referred to as the "NIDA 5"). Because of this federal requirement, most drug testing companies offer a basic drug test that checks for drugs in these 5 common categories. Click on the substance name for a description of the laboratory method for detecting the substance.

1Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash)
    2Cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine)
    3Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed)
    4Opiates (>>>>>>, opium, codeine, morphine)
    5Phencyclidine (PCP)

Expanded Tests
    Most drug testing companies also offer an expanded test which includes a few additional drugs in the testing process. Most do not add all of these in their expanded test, but choose a different combination of 3 or 4 to add :

Barbiturates (Phenobarbital, Secobarbitol, Butalbital)
    Hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin)
    Methaqualone (Qualuudes)
    Benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Librium, Serax, Rohypnol)
    Methadone
    Propoxyphene (Darvon compounds)
    Ethanol (Alcohol)
    MDMA (Ecstasy)

docintraining1213 is offline New Member

Thumbs down Drug Tests

Quite honestly, if you have a prescription for Valium, then you should not be worrying about failing a drug test that includes benzodiazepines. If you do not have a prescription that is legal, then you should not be taking a prescription drug that is a controlled substance. There are reasons that physicians write prescriptions. If you are that worried, then maybe you need to not take the drugs before you try to get and work in a job where they are concerned about drug abuse.
    Thanks!