Klonopin
    MidnightStar is offline New Member

Default Klonopin

In Nov of 2000 I watched my mother pass away in my home which was the most horrible thing I've ever gone through.

I became severely depressed so I went to see my doctor. He put me on 1 mil of Klonopin to be taken 3 x a day. He also put me on 30 mil of Paxil...1 every morning.

When I first started taking the Paxil all I wanted to do was sleep and sleep I did. After a few months of taking it I started to gain weight so my doctor switched me to a different SSRI which I no longer take.

After taking 1 mil of Klonopin tid for about a month it stopped working so he upped my dosage to 2 mil 3 x a day. I usually only take 2 and 1/2 half a day unless I'm really stressed. Now I want to get off of them but I don't know how.

I used to take 1 mil of Valium 3 x a day and I managed to wean myself off them in 12 and 1/2 weeks.

If anyone could tell me how to taper off the Klonopin I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Anonymous Guest

Hi midnightStar
    you will need to d a slow taper off of the Klonopin...just like you did with the Valium...here is a good web site to look at...

http://www.benzo.org.uk

let us know if we can help...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda