Just switched from Methadone-to-Suboxone
    ulasaw is offline New Member

Default Just switched from Methadone-to-Suboxone

about 2-weeks ago.
    I came down from 135mgs/meth. to 17mgs/meth. in approx. 2-3 years.
    I was on methadone for almost 15-years--but didn't get a high enough dose
    until about 6-years ago.
    Since that time--I never relapsed or had a "dirty": for anything.

Anyway--I decided to switch over to SUBOXONE as I was fed up w/CLINIC rules-and-regs.
    I waited 36-hours from my last dose before taking a Suboxone.....(early-ish withdrawal--raised blood-pressure, sweating, runny-nose)
    The Doctor said he could only prescribe the 8mgs-sized tablets. He advised me to cut
    one in half and take the first half in am.---then the other half in afternoon.

I did that for a few days and felt horrible----couldn't concentrate...felt anxious....
    out-of-sorts totally....also depressed and constipated terribly.
    I decided I was over-medicated and after a week, I now take 4mgs/daily---2 in the early am., followed by the other 2 approx. 5-6hrs. later.
    My nose is running, even now, but I am going to stick to the 4mgs/daily for another week--then go down a bit next week and perhaps stay there a few months.
    I so appreciate all the INFO. I have learned here in these Forums about SUBOXONE and each poster's varied experiences.
    I am not setting a deadline for myself, as I have been a long-term addict and do well when I do not RUSH and push myself w/an artificial deadline.
    If anyone has any questions regarding my doctor's visit (what it was like) or further
    info. on my own experience--I would be glad to help
    Thanks! :")

Default Just an update--

It's my 3rd week---(1st at 8m/day/2nd week at 4m/day).

Starting yesterday I now take 2m/day. I am hoping that I don't hit a bad patch at
    4-5days, but rather that I feel fine and can stay at 2 for a few weeks if needed.

Being on methadone for so many years--I expect that I won't be able to taper as :::fast
    as many others have here....but never-the-less, I am encouraged to see the success of many here!

If it wasn't for these forums---I would NOT HAVE KNOWN that

*********LESS-IS-BEST***********
    when it comes to SUBOXONE. We addicts tend to think that "MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER".........so to turn that thinking around can be a major move!
    I can't imagine how I'd feel now if I had stayed on 8m/day.....thanks to THIS FORUM
    (esp. ROBERT) I quickly reduced before I was on that much for too long......

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

My story is almost exactly identical. I was a >>>>>> addict way back in time who switched to methadone. I know many people have terrible things to say about methadone but it was my lifesaver for real. Problem was I stayed on methadone for over 30 years. I tapered down to 25 from a high of 80 mgs. and stayed on 25 for a couple of years. I was just sick of clinic policies and rules, not to mention the stigma attached. I was a grandma already and just couldn't continue going to a methadone clinic so I made the switch. Started too high and felt awful, jittery, nervous and couldn't sleep. It wasn't until I tapered down to 4 or even 2 mgs. that I started to feel "normal". I believe the length of my addiction and my age made it impossible for me to taper the one so many can do successfully so I am now on 1/2 a mg. one time a day. It isn't much but I don't feel I could do withtout it. Perhaps one day I'll try but that day isn't now. Taking the .5 per day beats going to a clinic with all that entails and going to a meth clinic beat injecting >>>>>> and all THAT entails so I believe I'm moving in the right direction, however slowly I'm doing it. Less is definitely more when it comes to sub. We have a hard time accepting that because we've always been into the "more is better" school of thought when it comes to drugs. But it's true. Stick with the dose and don't move back up. Even if you do hit a slight rough patch, it will pass. I am perfectxly fine on my .5 a day, even after years and years .... and years of opiate addiction. Good luck and good for you !!

Default Thanks for your reply!

I have been reading these threads for a days-on-end and am familiar w/seeing your
    user-name here!
    Yesterday (day 2 on 2) did not go well---I took the other 2 later that day....
    but I have learned that when I =try to do something too :::fast, I only create problems for myself.
    I,too, am not sure if I will ever be completely "clean"....too many years on dope/'done But--it's MY choice. ...I have to be able to function "normally".
    I do not see any support here for those of us who many choose/need to stay on
    a small dose for a how-ever long...but I still enjoy reading about the success of
    those who DID choose to completely get off of Sub.

I do not want to set myself up for failure....so for now---I will slowly go down to
    a level that's right (for me)...which "could" be zero--or not.

erinbaby86 is offline New Member

I've been their to. The switch over is hard and it sounds like your dose is not high enough. also you will still feel withdrawl from the meth for a couple weeks. Its kinda like starting over, now your withdrawling for meth instead of dope. When I've relapsed in the past on dope it took me about five days of taking suboxone till i felt normal, (those 5 days was way better doing it cold) but I still had symptoms. Hope you and your doc find the right dose for you. Cause being sick at least for me is a huge trigger.

denman is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ulasaw View Post
    I have been reading these threads for a days-on-end and am familiar w/seeing your
    user-name here!
    Yesterday (day 2 on 2) did not go well---I took the other 2 later that day....
    but I have learned that when I =try to do something too :::fast, I only create problems for myself.
    I,too, am not sure if I will ever be completely "clean"....too many years on dope/'done But--it's MY choice. ...I have to be able to function "normally".
    I do not see any support here for those of us who many choose/need to stay on
    a small dose for a how-ever long...
    but I still enjoy reading about the success of
    those who DID choose to completely get off of Sub.

I do not want to set myself up for failure....so for now---I will slowly go down to
    a level that's right (for me)...which "could" be zero--or not

Hi Ulasaw,

I am currently on methadone maintanence, 55mgs daily. I have tapered down to this level over the last few months. I just posted here because there are many of us who do have the need to be on a maintenance dose for our own reasons, and I am one of them. While i would like to be totally "free", for now my goal is to get to a much lower dose of methadone, and then sit there for a while before witching to Sub treatment as well. Once I am on the Suboxone I can then determine how long my body will need to detox completely.

You made a very good point in the areas I highlited, there is a HUGE stigma in the general community (I dont mean this forum, just in general) about people on MMT or on continued sub therapy. NA for example wil not recognize you as being Clean" and even a few of my friends and Family still look at me like an addict or as though I am not any better than I was when I was on dope. This is rediculous! My life is a complete 180 from where I was years ago when i was on >>>>>>. And yet we can be ostracised and looked down upon by those in society who do not fully understand how tough addiction can be. But mainly that how we choose to take the road to sobriety is OUR choice, just as you said. If I feel I am not ready to be out in the world without any sort of "support" ie- subs/done than so be it. But I am far from the dope addict i once was. Yes, I still need a specific medicine everyday in order to function, so YES I am an addict. But I am not out on the street being strung out and living like a junkie.

I do want to be off the done completely one day. I am working towards that by detoxing AT MY OWN PACE, and when I am comfortable on a low enough dose of done to switch to sub, I will. And then when I have been on the subs long enough to have allowed the done to completely leave my body ( which is MUCH MUCH longer than "regular" opiates) I will then attempt total detoxification. But only when I am completely mentally and physically ready. Untill then I see Nothing at all wrong with being on a maintenance dose provided it is not a crazy high dose that will only tend to worsen the problem again.
    You're right you dont want to set yourself up for failure -as you said, but I do not think that knowing there is a possibility you may need longer time to detox than some others is a bad thing. In fact it seems realistic to me, especially since it is using Subs for detoxing from methadone, it will almost certainly take longer to alleviate all the wd's from the done anyway.

Good luck my friend, and there are people here on this forum who will support you and your efforts to better your life. The bottom line is we may be on done/subs longer term, BUT - we are off the dope, not breaking the law, able to be productive members of society, and we are simply overall better people for it. At least I know I am. So any time you wanna chat I'll be there, as well as many others I'm sure, wether you decide to go straight down to zero - or not...

Den

PS- I also get great pleasure in reading people's posts about how they got clean. I get great inspiration from it, and what I have LEARNED about Sub treatment is immeasureable. I am so glad I decided to join this forum. Just thought I would add that, and I know that one day I will be one of you making that long sought after announcement that I am totally "FREE"!

chchcheryl is offline New Member

Default I also switched from methadone to suboxone

I have also switched from methadone to suboxone. I had tapered down from a high of 205 mgs. of methadone slowly to 12 mgs. At about 15 mgs. I started to feel pretty "off" (anxious/cravings, etc.) I decided to find a suboxone clinic and continue detoxing from methadone on it. I waited 48 hours after my last methadone dose, and before taking the suboxone, was surprised at just how sick I got. I thought that at 12 mgs. it wouldn't be so bad - boy, was I wrong. By the time I saw the suboxone doctor, I was having terrible cramps, couldn't sit still and my BP was skyrocketed, along with other symptoms of withdrawal. Each minute I had to wait felt like a half hour at least! So, the doc started me at two 8 mg. tablets a day. I no longer feel sick but I get exhausted feeling. When I'm driving or sitting still I feel like I could just fall asleep - it's terrible. Is this normal? Anybody I know who is on Suboxone says it actually "wakes them up". I'm feeling just the opposite. I'm not sure if I am taking too much or not enough. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I've almost reached the end of my third week on the subs. Again - thanks!

Cheryl, I was on methadone for over 30 years. In the last year I tapered down to 25 mgs. then switched to subs. I waitted 72 hours after my last dose and had no problem except thatt the doctor started me on ttoo high a dose which made me feel awful. With sub, less is more. Two 8 mg. tabs is a wayyy high dose. If you are falling asleep, it's certainly too high a dose for you and not necessary. Bear in mind that sub is extremely addictive; perhaps not as much as methadone but still, very addictive. You should start tapering ASAP. You will feel better (more normal) on lower doses and if you don't taper you will find yourself in the same position as you were on methadone.

Hi Newyorkgal. Thank you so much for the answer. I couldn't figure it out. Between withdrawal from methadone and starting the subs I wasn't sure which one was making me feel sooo tired. Reading these posts last night made me see that I was probably taking too much. Before I read your reply this afternoon, I started out this morning taking only a 1/4 of my 8 mg. strip (changed from tablets) and then around 4 hours later, my stomach felt nasty so I used another 1/4. I feel fine now. Thank you so much for the info you wrote. I am only going to take what I feel like I need today, hopefully I won't even need the whole strip. I don't understand why these docs insist on putting people on such high doses of meds like that. When I wanted to come down on the methadone I actually had to fight with the people in charge - it's like they want you to stay on it. I know people in my outpatient group that are taking three or four subs a day. YIKES. You really helped me out. Appreciated immensely. Cheryl

Cheryl, no thanks necessary. That's what this site is all about - people helping people to the best of their ability. I guarantee you, less is more with sub. I can't explain why - don't know the science involved - but it's the truth. Why do doctors start us so high? First, they are not very knowledgeable when it comes to sub. They need only take an online course about it and get their info from the pharma company. It's in the pharm company's best interest and the doctors best interest to start you high and keep you on long. It's makes them a lot of money. This site is a Godsend because we learn that what the doctor says is not necessarily the truth. As I've told you before, I was on methadone for over 30 years and a >>>>>> addict prior to that. I started sub high, felt real bad and immediately started lowering my dose. It wasn't until I got down to about 4 mg. a day, and started taking it only once a day that I actually felt okay. (My opinion is that it's not necessary to take it more than once a day considering the half life of 36-72 hours.) It stacks up in your system and your receptors are full of sub. Methadone was given once a day and this drug has a similar half life. This is just my opinion but I know that "Less is More" really applies. The goal is to feel normal, not overly sleepy or high or in withdrawal. When you get down to a proper dose, thattt will happen.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-11-2010 at 05:21 PM.

kellbell74 is offline New Member

Smile

I, too, am a newbie here on the forums and am just SO thankful I stumbled across them one day searching for Sub info. They have truly been a Godsend while switching from Methadone (from my prior pill popping problem) to Suboxone. Especialy for people such as myself who do not have alot of family/friend support, its just amazing to be able to hear others stories of inspiration. And even more so, to just know that somewhere, someone is feeling the SAME way I am!!!

Ulasaw, I am also having a lil trouble switching to the Sub, but some of these amazing people here have given me so much insight and even though its only day 2, I am feeling so much better and SO much more positive.

This was my 2nd time on the MM, highest dose this last time being 65mg, I made it down to 6mg and thought I could walk away. LOL Well after 3 days of unbearable suffering, I decided to check out Suboxone. I am so thankful for the Methadone and really do believe in it. BUT, as you and many others stated, I was tired of all the rules, the driving several hours daily and the $$$$!!! I travel to Florida and Michigan alot to see my family and that alone was one of the biggest reasons I wanted off of it. Felt like it controlled my whole life. Guest dosing everytime I wanna go visit family was a PAIN! I think its kinda sad that they make the program SO rigid, it prevents ALOT of addicts from getting clean and changing their lives. I mean, basically it was us, the addicts, going to them for help, admitting we have a problem and wanting to change, but I found myself feeling most of the time (besides like that of a 5 yr old) that this was a court mandated program because I had done something illegal or been in trouble!! Im a grown woman with children and not too crazy about having to pee in front of others!! Ya know what I mean? But anyways, I wont go into all my feelings on the MMP but Methadone itsself, I feel is a great "tool" for helping people get off drugs and regain their lives.

Anyhow,I just started the Sub (8mg) Thursday night at 8pm. Big mistake by the way, which I learned here on this glorius forum, no night dosing, atleast for me. I, too, am having that anxious, cant concentrate, "out of sorts" feeling you talked about. Kinda speedy or wired feeling. Taking it that late caused me to not sleep for almost 48 hours and I had a headache the likes of which I NEVER had before. But after hearing back from others on here and finally getting some AWESOME sleep last night, I took just 4mg today and feel incredible. No WD's and so far, NO HEADACHE!! But most importantly, I feel upbeat and actually wanna get out of bed and do stuff!!! Its a crazy time of year, especially with 3 kiddos , and that was one of the WORST WD's for me, not having the energy or desire to even roll over in bed, let alone getting up, showering and walking out to the car to go x-mas shopping. I think the house could have been on fire and I woulda still been laying here. I know new meds may have some side effects so Im just trying to suck it up and hope that that wirey feeling subsides. Besides, with the zillions of things we have to do for the holidays, maybe I should be banking on it, right? lol

Again, I am just soooooo happy I found these threads and for everyones support. It helps. TRULY. Just getting it all out makes it easier. I could sit here and read all day..........but NOPE, not today. I AM GOING CHRISTMAS SHOPPING WITH MY DAUGHTER!! Yayyyyyy And we're leaving for Florida next Tues and NO GUEST DOSING either!!! It may not always be so easy, but I (WE) can do this.

Thank you guys
    and
    Thank you God

Hi everybody. I too am so happy that I found this "thread". I've gotten more information here than anywhere and am so glad that I did. The information that I got has helped me very much. Yesterday, I cut back from 16 mgs. to 8 mgs. and was ok until last night and I got very tired again. This morning I tried 1/4 strip (2 mgs) and later had to take another 1/4. It's now 3:30 PM and I am feeling fine - I'm going to see how I feel the rest of the day - would be great to only have to be taking 4 mgs. as opposed to the 16 the doc prescribed. I get what your mean, newyorkgal, about the once a day dose. My trouble is that my metabolism is very fast and even when I was on methadone I ended up having to take a "split dose" because my 205 would flatten me in the AM, and by night time and definitely by the time I was on my way to the clinic in the morning, I was pretty sick. Blood work showed that I was metabolising it way too fast. Once it was split up I was ok. Now, I guess I've gotta work my way down a little at a time until I find the right amount of subs. I too, am glad to find this place and people like myself - it helps to know you aren't as alone as you thought you were. I can relate to the "going to clinic thing" everyday and guest dosing because I've got family 4 hours away that I hardly visited for a year and a half. You all are a God send. Keep up the good work.

Hi. I just wanted to update the people who I can say helped me out very much by sharing their experiences with the suboxone. If I hadn't read what some of you experienced with your doses, I would have stayed at the high dose that my Doc started me on without knowing any different. Since I started taking less over the last several days, I've ended up on 4 mgs. a day instead of 16. I'm not falling asleep at the wheel anymore and feel soooo much better. Thanks. Cheryl

Cheryl, that is so fantastic that you found the right dose and it's not nearly what the doctor said. I'm so glad you're feeling much better.

Kell, I agree with you totally on methadone maintenance. It really and truly saved my life. I was shooting dope and who knows where I'd be now without methadone. BUT the laws are so ridiculous and wrong. I live in NY and my parents lived in Fla. before they passed away and I used to go there 3 or 4 ttimes a year and had to guest dose daily and pay through the nose. My main reason for switching to sub is I got so tired of the clinic setting, the arbitrary rules, the peeing in a cup, etc. I was in my late 50's when I switched to sub and the stigma attached to the program was too much for me. Having said all that, there is definitely a place in the recovery world for methadone maintenance. Too bad they don't let doctor's perscribe it for addicts.

mamuhit2010 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ulasaw View Post
    about 2-weeks ago.
    I came down from 135mgs/meth. to 17mgs/meth. in approx. 2-3 years.
    I was on methadone for almost 15-years--but didn't get a high enough dose
    until about 6-years ago.
    Since that time--I never relapsed or had a "dirty": for anything.

Anyway--I decided to switch over to SUBOXONE as I was fed up w/CLINIC rules-and-regs.
    I waited 36-hours from my last dose before taking a Suboxone.....(early-ish withdrawal--raised blood-pressure, sweating, runny-nose)
    The Doctor said he could only prescribe the 8mgs-sized tablets. He advised me to cut
    one in half and take the first half in am.---then the other half in afternoon.

I did that for a few days and felt horrible----couldn't concentrate...felt anxious....
    out-of-sorts totally....also depressed and constipated terribly.
    I decided I was over-medicated and after a week, I now take 4mgs/daily---2 in the early am., followed by the other 2 approx. 5-6hrs. later.
    My nose is running, even now, but I am going to stick to the 4mgs/daily for another week--then go down a bit next week and perhaps stay there a few months.
    I so appreciate all the INFO. I have learned here in these Forums about SUBOXONE and each poster's varied experiences.
    I am not setting a deadline for myself, as I have been a long-term addict and do well when I do not RUSH and push myself w/an artificial deadline.
    If anyone has any questions regarding my doctor's visit (what it was like) or further
    info. on my own experience--I would be glad to help
    Thanks! :")
    Good decision . Once I took methadone couple of month. Already I have switched on suboxone. I have knew about suboxone on this website and tapering system. Now I have no bad symptom and anxiety problem. Carry on.
    Thanks

roxy43 is offline New Member

Thats a lot to start out on given that you were only on 12 mg of methadone. I was on 10 mg and my dr recomended 2mg of suboxone 2 times per day. I can't imagine that you would need 8 mg 2 x. I used to be on 100 mg of methadone but tapered my way down to zero but after leaving my program I almost immediately relapsed. Its a mind game too if you think you need it your body will react along with it. I hope 2mg is not too high for me as I have no experience with suboxone.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by roxy43 View Post
    Thats a lot to start out on given that you were only on 12 mg of methadone. I was on 10 mg and my dr recomended 2mg of suboxone 2 times per day. I can't imagine that you would need 8 mg 2 x. I used to be on 100 mg of methadone but tapered my way down to zero but after leaving my program I almost immediately relapsed. Its a mind game too if you think you need it your body will react along with it. I hope 2mg is not too high for me as I have no experience with suboxone.

I work here with subs all the time and have for years. How long have you been using it? Give me a little history if you would like me to help you do this right. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

kingsa12 is offline New Member

hi first time here going to sub doc at noon today detoxed down from 109mg of done to twenty (IAST DOSE) 50 HOUrs ago should i tell the doc to start me out low from all that i read or keep my mouth shut and just do it myself when i get home i feel bad and hoping this will get me the relief i need
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-24-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsa12 View Post
    hi first time here going to sub doc at noon today detoxed down from 109mg of done to twenty (IAST DOSE) 50 HOUrs ago should i tell the doc to start me out low from all that i read or keep my mouth shut and just do it myself when i get home i feel like ???? and hoping this will get me the relief i need

Congrats on tapering down on the methadone! You're at a perfect dose to make the switch. Thing is, at 50 hours off the methadone, if you do the induction now you'll get so sick you won't even believe it! You need to be off methadone for like 72 hours before induction. It's not the hours so much as it is how you score rating your w/d symptoms. It may take 36 hours, it may take 72 hours, but you have to be a 26 or higher on what's called the COWS (clinical opioid w/d scale) worksheet. I'll put a link to it at the end of this reply.

If you can get your meds today and take them home, I will be happy to do the induction with you myself when you score high enough. Otherwise you'll put yourself into what's called "precipitated w/d" and you'll feel like you're going to die! I am not exxaggerating! Let me help you with the induction. I NEVER BLOW AN INDUCTION!!!! I can induct you properly at less than 4mg total, whereas the goofy sub dr will probaly tell you to take 8mg twice a day, or even more! DON'T DO IT!!!! He will just make a suboxone addict out of you.

I'm here if you want my help. You have a chance doing this with me to start out on the lowest effective dose and I can have you on and off the subs in sixty days and you'll be totally clean. If you follow what these sub drs tell you then you will undoubtedly end up back here eventually begging for someone to help you get off them and you'll be in misery. Listen to me! I've done this for years and I can help you if you let me. I know what I'm talking about, been doing this for YEARS and unlike your sub dr I have done the subs too and I do it the way it works, not the way some textbook said that is totally wrong! Let me know if you want my help. Here is the link to how I do sub therapy and a link to the COWS worksheet. Let me know! God bless.

Sub Therapy
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

COWS worksheet
    http://www.drugs.com/resources/opioi...wal-record.pdf
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-24-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

kingsa12 is offline New Member

Default none

well great information wish i had it before i went to the docs because i had to wait in his office take one 8mg film strips then 45 min later asked how i felt said bad and had me take another 8mg one waited another 45 min and said you look fine then thats your dose 2 8mg film strips a day come see me in a week btw i don't feel sick at all
    Last edited by kingsa12; 05-24-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by kingsa12 View Post
    well great information wish i had it before i went to the docs because i had to wait in his office take one 8mg film strips then 45 min later asked how i felt said bad and had me take another 8mg one waited another 45 min and said you look fine then thats your dose 2 8mg film strips a day come see me in a week btw i don't feel sick at all

The sorry sub dr did EXACTLY what I said he would do!!! All I can tell you is that you should STOP RIGHT NOW!!! I can reinduct you and have you stable at less than 4mg. If you choose to continue what you're doing, and you've only done it one day so stopping now would be nothing difficult, but if you don't stop this now you'll be a suboxone addict in a few weeks. It's your call. Hope you take advantage of this opportunity. If you don't you'll be back asking for help to get off eventually. God bless.

Brockalee23 is offline New Member

Hi, so ive been a methadone patient stable at 96 mgs for 5 yrs i recently moved to a new city and was trying to transfer to a new clinic which said i had to guest dose a month before theyd let me in, at the end of the month they told me they absolutely will not let me in ive tried the few other clinics in the area none would. So i frantically tried to figure something out and made an app with a sub doc i went 7 TERRIBLE days of withdrawal went to the crazy expensive doc app ive been taking subs for a day i feel marginally better at best and ive already taken 28mgs of subs in 24 hrs. Is it possible the methadone is still in my body after 7 days? or is it simply because i was just on too high a dose to switch and the subs arent strong enough? About how long to stabilize at 16 mgs a day? Mind you i have no choice in this its subs or nothing getting treatment in western new york is almost impossible all the clinics and docs have patient caps and are full i went to a croaker who only accepts cash and am paying cash for subs, one last question i do have an intake appointment for clinic over an hour away from me in three weeks if i dont stabalize im gonna do it, how long stop subs before dose methadone?

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

welcome to the forum. the reason u are feeling the way u do is the fact that ur on way too much of the sub. and yes, ur most likely still in methadone detox and the subs are just covering it up right now. methadone has a very long half life as the subs do and it takes some time for it to completely leave ur system. and u were on a very high amount when u switched also as u thought.

if ur lucky enough to get off the methadone and onto subs there is no way i would ever go back. methadone is one of the nastiest drugs there is and also one of, if not the worst, to get free from. the subs will give u the very best chance at this point to get stable, and then taper from. don't go back to the methadone for any reason.

like i said u have taken way too much sub. no one needs the amount that ur on right now. there is a sub therapy plan that almost everyone of the forum here uses. i have used it myself and it works as promised IF u follow it closely, and remain committed to it. u have to really want this. here's the link to that plan........

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

it basically states that u remain on a dose for 4 days or until u are completely stable on each dose and then taper that dose by 25%. u keep repeating that process until ur down to a dose of .25 mg or below. read that plan over and u will see what i mean. hundreds, perhaps thousands here have used it successfully and u can read lots of their stories around this forum. i highly suggest that u do that when u have the time.

i would also suggest u reduce the sub and take for now 8-12 mgs TOTAL per day and not a bit more for now. even that's way too high, but we need to be careful and not reduce too fast. u also need to take subs at the same time each day, and also take the same dose each time. need to get on a steady schedule right away.

u do not need 16 mgs per day for any reason! subs are extremely powerful, and a little bit goes a long way...

doesn't matter if u take one single dose or split it and take no more than two doses per day. in my own personal opinion i usually suggest that doses over 1 mg be taken in two doses, and amounts under 1 mg be taken in single doses. many here have their own ideas about the way to take it and all of them are good. long as u don't take more than two doses per day u will be ok.

taking it once per day is perfectly ok to do and many do it that way. take it and forget about it for the day.

read that plan over and keep posting. one more thing....u are on a very old thread and most won't see ur post here. i would begin a new thread in the "need to talk" section of the forum. go back to the main page and look for that need to talk section. click on it and at the top right is a button that reads "begin new thread". click on that, name the thread and u will receive lots more repiies that way.

hope this helps and get that sub dose down right away....u will begin feeling better when u do. best wishes.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

oops, sorry, but that button is on the LEFT side near the top and reads "post new thread". i would again suggest u put ur new thread in the "need to talk section". and look for the long time member Cheeky to comment. she has lots of experience with methadone and can tell u about the horrors of being on it.

Brockalee23 is offline New Member

Hey thanks for responding, i know its an old thread but i didnt really know if its able to be seen or not as im doing this from my phone, im somewhat confused about the less is more idea i feel like im still going through withdrawal is it possible to much subs make you feel withdrawal sypmtoms i havent come across that topic yet, i wanted to do it right and get under 30 mgs done to switch but couldnt im just hoping if i keep up with the subs the restless legs and body aches will subside as i have to work long hours on my feet and its been terrible doing it sick i dunno i have never had much luck with subs, anyway ill start a new thread