Just for fun, What's on your I-pod
    Anonymous Guest

Default Just for fun, What's on your I-pod

For the first time since i stoped taking drugs.I had to leave the saftey net of this forum, It was very scary for me.I was camping,But I kept you all very close in my thoughts.It dawned on me, we know each others deepest darkest secrets,but not much else,so I was thinking we could put up a new ? every few days to find out more about each other.But as i was sitting around the campgrounds every one was fighting about who's I-pod we would put in the player.You can tell a lot about someone by the music they listen to.
    So i thought that would be a great first ?...So
    What's on your I-pod ?

Anonymous Guest

Ok Ill go first.
    I allways go back to country,But when my wild side comes out,there is nothing better then cranking up the I-pod all the way to guns and roses.
    it doesent get any better than that.I also like
    springsteen
    van morrison
    aerosmith
    Kid rock
    bob segar
    just to name a few.

lilbri is offline Member

From sarah Mclachlan to limp-bizkt. brian.

lilbri is offline Member

Oh by the way i don't have an i-pod. Mabey ill get one for my birthday. brian

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I have a Stilletto 2 which has a mp3 in it.I listen to nothing else but sattelite radio.I love it.......Dave

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

I am srry to say I dont own one........... this all came out when I was out at sea and I am just catching up on the cell phones with txt mess. and internet . I do have "my radio station" on the pc.

I love
    Crosby still nash and young
    Mamm'a and pappa's
    neil young
    Janic Joplin
    Gray
    Macy
    Iron butterfly
    Traffic
    T Rex ..............just to name a few.
    and I dance to country music... I love line dancing and two steppin. I am even a pretty good jitterbugger

BTW...... I am still going to send a pic but just have not done it yet ... srry

dena

greenday is offline Member

Hey, this is fun!!!

Well, let's see if you can guess...uh, yeah...Greenday that's a given (all albums, of course), and pretty much everything else you can think of. Including: Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Weezer, Smashing Pumpkins, My Chemical Romance, Tina Turner, The Who, Modest Mouse, on and on.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Guess I need to join in on this one. I am an oldie of course. Have an ipod but also have over 5000 old record albums. I have transferred a lot of really old classic rock and old blues over. I have months worth of music downloaded

Ten Years After .. Duane Allman .. Boz Scaggs ... Spirit .. Eric Clapton .. Hendrix .. Janis .. Canned Heat .. Grateful Dead .. Byrds ... Dylan .. Jackson Browne ... Neil Young .. Jim Morrison .. Fleetwood Mac .. Bob Seger .. It's A Beautiful Day .. of course the Beatles, Stones, Led Zepellin .. many more. And I also saw everyone I just listed live in concert. Have complete collections of all recorded albums from several of the above.

I adore Gwen Stefani. Want her for my girlfriend. Have most of No Doubt, Gweni's solo stuff.. I like Greenday too greenday .. 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Pearl Jam, Kurt Cobain/Nirvana, Foo Fighters ...

also a lot of blues ... Muddy Waters, Leadbelly, Elmore James, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Fats Domino, Ray Charles, Stevie Ray ..

of course my jazz favorites .. Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, George Benson, Herbie Hancock, Nina Simone .. many others

I do have some classical .. Mozart, Bach, Chopin, Beethoven ...

And I have downloaded about 20 hours of assorted gospel. It's really pretty cool too. And being from Texas I have almost everyone in Country downloaded. BUT I DON'T LINE DANCE.

I am a music freak. Melinda .. Think you will have a hard time seeing a pattern with me though. I like most all of it.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-09-2008 at 05:50 PM.

lilbri is offline Member

I thought you might say brook's benton the rainy night in georga song. man did i spell this right. Anyhow goodluck in Hurricane Country Robert
    Your friend Brian

Anonymous Guest

Hey Robert
    I think this tells us alot.
    We all know you like alot of music.
    and that says alot.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lilbri View Post
    I thought you might say brook's benton the rainy night in georga song. man did i spell this right. Anyhow goodluck in Hurricane Country Robert
    Your friend Brian

Hey dude you are almost as old as me. I know the song you are talking about but that one is about 3-4 years ahead of me I think. Want to say around 1960 or so, maybe 1958. I wasn't quite starting to buy records yet then. Was still just watching the new black and white tv that had recently come out.

The hurricane garbage is starting to look like a reality here. Could hit pretty quick. I have been through so many of them here and in Florida. I just take it as it comes anymore.

hkyjon33 is offline Member

I am a HUGE music buff and LOVE all types of music. I used to be into underground punk and run with a couple bands named Final Conflict,clit 45, and the casualtys (b4 they got big). I really really like underground stuff and knowing that ive listened or seen a lot of big bands now in clubs with me and maybe 2-10 other peeps (bands include No doubt (my sis is was good friends with gwen in high school and took me to an all ages show), AFI, Greenday, Hell, i even saw nirvana right as they hit in 92(haha i was 10 but have always been tall so i snuck in lol!!) im starting to get into reagee and follow this band outta Santa Barbra named Rebelution (check em out if u never heard of em on myspace.com/rebelutionmusic... real mellow. i have a 60 gig i pod with 55 gigs used and i have everything from Dito t pantera to jim morrison and jellow beofria (leadsinger of Dead Kennidys)spoken word (i love poetry and love to write as well so it calms me down and they are quite intillectual ifu listen hard), to NWA and Wu-tang (undergrund and early stuff), and anything in between. I LOVE the Doors, jimmy, bob segar, the animals, cream and all the old clasic rock as well as Punk, and 90's alternataive, and lots ofunderground rap like sage francis and immortal technique and a tibe called quest (this new music blows thats coming out Any ganra....its a bad time to be a music lover in my opinion) I seriously could go on all day on this subject but ill stop at that... that should kinda give you an idea of who i am =)

Ps I almost forgot one of my all time favorites, the Cure (depressing but it make me smile cause of the place i was at as a pre-teen/teen when iwas big into em was so dark, anything seems lighter than that =p) GnR is AWSOME as well like a punker version of AC/DC which i love as well.... see there i go again, i can talk about music all day!!! haha
    Last edited by hkyjon33; 09-16-2008 at 05:02 PM.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Smile Rick Wright Pink Floyd Keyboard/vocals RIP

Listening to Dark Side of the Moon by P. Floyd .Earlier today was listening to
    Chick Corea.

Anonymous Guest

Hey musicman
    I was hoping you would put somthing on here.buit i know you got more than that!!! LOL...

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    Listening to Dark Side of the Moon by P. Floyd .Earlier today was listening to
    Chick Corea.
    yea one of my fav's too

hkyjon33 is offline Member

*in a REALLY stoned voice*Hey maaaan .... did you know that if you start the Dark side of the moon album and press pause and set it on continuious plllaaayy and then press pay again when the BLACK AND WHITE lion roars the 3rd time on The wizard of oooozzzz and mute the mooovie... its like... like the saaaame maaaannnn. They co-exsist like its the album is singing the stoooory of the movie maaaaan. hahaha (stoner sarcasim... lol if you ever were a smoker (pot) and love Pink Floyd, youve done it =p)

ps... that is pretty much word for word what i said the 1st time i tryed that (hahaha thats how i sounded too lol)
    Last edited by hkyjon33; 09-16-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Anonymous Guest

from the past !

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    from the past !
    Melinda ..... How are you doing young lady? I hope all is well with you. Please keep us all informed just how Robert is doing if you would be so kind.

I'm not sure what day his surgery is, but know that I am praying for him and you as well! Have a geat evening and a very good morning. God Bless....Denny

luvy298 is offline Member

Default This is so much fun; great idea

I love to listen to matchbox 20, aerosmith, and train. I also love spanish music; I love to listen to Marc Anthony, Victor Manuel and Adventura. Music does bring harmony to the soul and I don't think I could live without it.

your friend
    Marisol

mattvanevery is offline New Member

Hi Melinda! I've read your posts and I need your help. I've got a few years under my belt of lortab and then suboxone. Had a falling out with my suboxone guy and have had to taper off. When it got bad I called my lortab hookup to help me get through it. I'm sure you can figure out the rest. It's only been a few weeks and I am taking about 7.5mg/6-9 daily. Can you help me? I feel like it's mental as much as anything.

I've read the Thomas recipe but how do I go about getting all those scripts? Do I tell my doctor I'm detoxing and need valium, etc? I'll try it if you think it will work. Also, will I be able to work at all? I've thought about just taking a week off, but I have two kids and of course there aren't really any days off. I could maybe go to my moms for a few days and just stay in bed if I had to. I'm very scared. Petrified actually, I have a son that there hasn't been one day in his life that I wasn't taking either tabs/suboxen. Terrified.

Please contact me soon if you can. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-22-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvanevery View Post
    Hi Melinda! I've read your posts and I need your help. I've got a few years under my belt of lortab and then suboxone. Had a falling out with my suboxone guy and have had to taper off. When it got bad I called my lortab hookup to help me get through it. I'm sure you can figure out the rest. It's only been a few weeks and I am taking about 7.5mg/6-9 daily. Can you help me? I feel like it's mental as much as anything.

I've read the Thomas recipe but how do I go about getting all those scripts? Do I tell my doctor I'm detoxing and need valium, etc? I'll try it if you think it will work. Also, will I be able to work at all? I've thought about just taking a week off, but I have two kids and of course there aren't really any days off. I could maybe go to my moms for a few days and just stay in bed if I had to. I'm very scared. Petrified actually, I have a son that there hasn't been one day in his life that I wasn't taking either tabs/suboxen. Terrified.

Please contact me soon if you can. Thanks in advance.

Melinda is my wife and I got her clean about four years ago, perhaps I can help you too! If you've been taking the 7.5mg hydros a few weeks it's about time to start a taper. But do it slowly and you'll be okay. In the meantime get the supplements from the Thomas Recipe at any GNC or most vitamin stores. And yes, if you tell your dr you are tapering off the opiates and just be honest most will be kind and understanding and help you with some valium for a couple weeks or so.

I would reduce the number of hydros by 1/2 pill every couple days or so. Get the supplements and contact your dr about the valium short term. Rmember the dr is there to help you, not to judge. They are usally pretty reasonalbe when we shoot straight with them and don't try to blow smoke as they have heard it all before and can tell when somone is just trying to score some valium. Don't be afraid to be honest!

Keep me posted and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. If you taper slowly, use the supplements, this doesn't have to be a deal where you're wiped out in detox unable to function. When I had Melinda do this she never missed a day of work ever. Stay in touch and you're doing the right thing! Congratulations on your decision to get clean! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.