just cant seem to stop
    hitimesbegone is offline New Member

Default just cant seem to stop

i am a 33 year old female. I have the worst will power in life. I cannot stay off the drugs. prescription drugs. If i had access and money >> prb buy them off the street too. i dont know where to turn, I have a 3 year old who needs me. I am not high all the time, but i would if i could be trust me. I just want to STOP.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hitimesbegone View Post
    i am a 33 year old female. I have the worst will power in life. I cannot stay off the drugs. prescription drugs. If i had access and money >> prb buy them off the street too. i dont know where to turn, I have a 3 year old who needs me. I am not high all the time, but i would if i could be trust me. I just want to STOP.
    You say you're not high all the time, so do you go through physical withdrawals?

Normankay is offline Member

As weird as this may sound, you need to learn to get out of your head. I was and still can be one of the most hard headed people you could meet. I wanted to quit using, had valid reasons to quit yet I couldn't do it myself and each time I found myself using again.

You put yourself on an emotional roller coaster from being mad at the drugs and getting pissed that you can't take them anymore to finally using and being falsely happy and using. Everything is good for a while, then back to being mad at the drugs and feeling trapped. It is a viscious love/hate cycle.

The hardest part for me was seeing all of the people die from overdosing or drug lifestyle that comes with using. A lot of people think that you can't really care for someone when you are using, but that is a lie and in time it only gets harder to deal with.

Recovery is a lifestyle and learning to care for yourself is something that has to be learned. I remember seeing something that if you told me years ago this I would have told you there is something wrong with you. " Close intrapersonal relationships" are one of the most important parts of recovery. Then in time you will find God and then even farther down the road you will quit thinking about using almost permanantly.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

i do go thru physical w/d, somewhat mild i guess. But i abuse everything...vics, muscle relaxers, benzos, diarreah meds ( lomotil). I never have really severe w/d's, but i do get anxious, some night sweats and some depression when i am out of pills. okay, i changed my screenname. Thought i would do better if i became someone else.
    Last edited by shybaybe2003; 02-22-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: error