I'm on Suboxone...just found out I'm pregnant!
    pugsrule is offline New Member

Default I'm on Suboxone...just found out I'm pregnant!

I just found out Saturday that I am pregnant. I've been taking Suboxone since May 19th, 2006. My husband and I probably conceived on June 9th. I'm worried that the Suboxone will harm my baby and want to know if I should start weaning off slowly. I was taking about 8-10 mgs a day...sometimes I would take 16mgs if my day started super early. Does anyone know if Suboxone causes birth defects or any other things I should be concerned about? Are there any women out there that have taken Subs during their pregnancy? I actually spoke to my doc prior to even becoming pregnant because my husband and I weren't exactly being "careful". I wanted to know if I should be using birth control during my treatment and he seemed to think that I'd be okay if I got pregnant. Now that I AM pregnant I'm worried. I don't want to take ANYTHING that will hurt my child. My doc seems confidant that it's safe but all the literature I'm reading online says DO NOT get pregnant while on Subs...hummm? Does anyone know if taking Subutex is a better alternative? If there is anyone out there that can calm my nerves I would appreciate it! I'm so happy to be pregnant and just want a healthy baby

Thanks in advance!
    Melissa

tinkers is offline Member

Hi

Pugs

Glad to see that you are on sub can i ask y? I have been on sub for about 3 months and it is great my wife and i both take it and it saved are lives i wish i could help you but i dont know about that part of it but im sure someone has to know why wont you trust you doctor he should be traind on giving sub so i think he should know lol. well if you want to chat anymore about the subs or anything just drop a line. good luck and congats

abey042000 is offline Member

Pugs~

Here there is also a forum espec. for Sub. You might want to check that out because their are alot more people at this site that has experince with Sub and they could better help you. Just go to all forums then scroll down till you see Sub/Bup Forum. You will get excellent advice and info there. I hope this helps you!

alkisses is offline Banned

congratulations on being pregnant! the advice above is great!