I'm addicted to Percocet, can you help me?
    Dr34mW0rkZ is offline New Member

Unhappy I'm addicted to Percocet, can you help me?

Hey there.
    My name is Tyler and for the past few months I've been taking Percocet for recreation use. Last year I broke my spleen and for that they gave me 5/325mg percs which I had never heard of nor taken before. I was told to take two 5's to take off the edge from the pain. After two days of taking them I realized why it was a popularly abused drug. I felt great.

After my spleen healed and I was off the percs everything was fine until I went to my friends house a month later. My friend happens to have an older brother who's quite the druggie so I usually stayed away from him. This time he came downstairs to talk to me while my friend was upstairs. We actually got pretty friendly and started talking openly about what drugs he takes; One of which was Percocet. I got really surprised and asked him if he sold them and he said yes......that's where it started.

Now I've taken them every day for about 3 months. I take 10mg's at once just one time a day. I usually take the 10mg's right before the 'boring class' streak of my schedule so that they suddenly turn into my best classes
    I absolutely love the feeling when I'm on them. I love how sociable and friendly I am.

Recently though, I've been rather angry about just about everything around me and I think it's mainly from the percs. Now I really want to stop as soon as I can but I'm terrified to because I have tried getting off them before and it's absolutely terrible. The pain it causes is too hard to bare when you have to deal with other things in your life. It makes me feel extremely achy (if that makes sense) and run-down which is never any fun. I just have no idea how I'm gonna do it. Every time I tell myself to just STOP, it becomes too much and I end up taking a pill or two to stop the pain.

I'm here to ask you fellaz if there are any easier ways of approaching withdrawal that will hurt me a little less. To tell you the truth, I'm 17 years old. Now don't get mad even though you probably will. Please help me though. I wouldn't be here if I didn't need help. I can't go to anyone else without them contacting my parents which wouldn't be good at all. I came here because I've been here before and know that all you guys are basically professionals in this field.

Thanks for your time and patience,
    Tyler

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dr34mW0rkZ View Post
    Hey there.
    My name is Tyler and for the past few months I've been taking Percocet for recreation use. Last year I broke my spleen and for that they gave me 5/325mg percs which I had never heard of nor taken before. I was told to take two 5's to take off the edge from the pain. After two days of taking them I realized why it was a popularly abused drug. I felt great.

After my spleen healed and I was off the percs everything was fine until I went to my friends house a month later. My friend happens to have an older brother who's quite the druggie so I usually stayed away from him. This time he came downstairs to talk to me while my friend was upstairs. We actually got pretty friendly and started talking openly about what drugs he takes; One of which was Percocet. I got really surprised and asked him if he sold them and he said yes......that's where it started.

Now I've taken them every day for about 3 months. I take 10mg's at once just one time a day. I usually take the 10mg's right before the 'boring class' streak of my schedule so that they suddenly turn into my best classes
    I absolutely love the feeling when I'm on them. I love how sociable and friendly I am.

Recently though, I've been rather angry about just about everything around me and I think it's mainly from the percs. Now I really want to stop as soon as I can but I'm terrified to because I have tried getting off them before and it's absolutely terrible. The pain it causes is too hard to bare when you have to deal with other things in your life. It makes me feel extremely achy (if that makes sense) and run-down which is never any fun. I just have no idea how I'm gonna do it. Every time I tell myself to just STOP, it becomes too much and I end up taking a pill or two to stop the pain.

I'm here to ask you fellaz if there are any easier ways of approaching withdrawal that will hurt me a little less. To tell you the truth, I'm 17 years old. Now don't get mad even though you probably will. Please help me though. I wouldn't be here if I didn't need help. I can't go to anyone else without them contacting my parents which wouldn't be good at all. I came here because I've been here before and know that all you guys are basically professionals in this field.

Thanks for your time and patience,
    Tyler
    Hi DR
    Well your going to really have to make up your mind that you want to stop.
    You can go cold turkey and feel like you have the flu for a few days...
    or you can taper start taking half of a pill and work your way down..
    If your really serious we can talk you thru it...
    Let us know what you want to do...
    Talk soon, Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi DR
    Well your going to really have to make up your mind that you want to stop.
    I just want to stop taking oxycodone all together. It's putting me into mood swings that make it so it's not enjoyable to be around me but I really am a nice kid, I swear.

I've tried cold turkeying but it seems to be really tough. The reduction of pills over time may work so I'll definitely try that. I basically just wanted to know if there were any easier ways besides cold turkey

Anonymous Guest

I just want to stop taking oxycodone all together. It's putting me into mood swings that make it so it's not enjoyable to be around me but I really am a nice kid, I swear.

I've tried cold turkeying but it seems to be really tough. The reduction of pills over time may work so I'll definitely try that. I basically just wanted to know if there were any easier ways besides cold turkey
    Hi Doc
    I can tell you are a nice kid. Just because you got addicted to oxycodone doesn't make you bad.
    I was addicted to allot more that what you are taking and I'm nice.
    I would be happy to help you if you tell me how much you are taking,
    then we can make a taper plan for you...
    Let me know..
    Talk soon, Melinda

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Melinda has experience with tapering.she can guide you and make this easier.There is also The Thomas Recipe.I will post it for you here.Good luck.

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"

Missfortune is offline New Member

I sure do wish i heard of the thomas recipe when i was WDing.Sounds very effective.
    I would definatly consider that option dream.
    I was also a young opiate abuser.(started at 19)
    Good luck sweetie.

mitchigan is offline Member

Default It's a long and winding road

Hey Tyler,

Sorry but I had to chuckle at your post. I suppose EVERY one of us "pillheads" started out like you. I too felt I was a better person on pain pills. LOL...it's a shame they're so bad for you. What you are describing now is the classic fork in the road. The amount you are taking is basically a clinical (prescribed) amount but now it doesn't give you the euphoria anymore. Simple...take more! That works for awile too; however, soon your body will be used to that. Or you can choose to stop now before you ruin your life and pi$$ away all your money! All of us are here because we made the wrong choice at your point. For all of us this site was just a matter of time because eventually the drugs get you and really mess your life up. I spent $10,000 on street pills last year, telling myself they make me feel better. But, as I said, it was only a matter of time for me. Hope I don't come off as condensending but I wish I knew the whole story when I started. Soon it will be three times a day and then you're a goner. It's a very long road, strewn with potholes, that always will land you at the same place. You seem like a smart kid, hope you make the right choice! Just start taking only one pill at a time. It won't make you feel great but you will be able to function. After maybe a week try skipping some days...think I'll "reward" myself with one tomorrow. Once you get to the point where the skipped days are not too bad jump off entirely. You might have a little trouble sleeping and some stomach discomfort but nothing like what you will face if you continue down the road. As many people have said on this site "one is too many and then a hundred isn't enough" it really is only a matter of time! Wishing you the best and hope you make a wise choice!

usmc_ret is offline Member

Hey Tyler,
    Good luck my brother. If you go back and read my thread "Percocet and Ambien withdrawls" you will see exactly what I went through.
    The Percocet is a nasty drug that will take you, use you, and spit on you when you're down. You spoke out so you've noticed that you have a problem.
    Now, it's time to face it and beat it!!

-Tony
    (Perc survivor 36 days)

lilbri is offline Member

Default Tyler

Tyler there is no easier way to withdrawal. Tell mom an dad you have the flu. At 10 mg's a day for 3 monthe's it will not be that bad jus't dig in and get it over. It will last about 7 day's and you will feel better.And read what Mitchigan wrote to you again. Serious you don't want to ruin your life.Brian

Default ~DreamworkZ

Wow thanks guys so much I really appreciate it. I haven't stopped yet but I'm hoping to start my withdrawal process one week from tomorrow (friday) since I get a February vacation. Now that I've read through a lot of these other percocet addict topics, like mitchigan said, what I take is almost negligible in comparison to other addicts. I'm only taking 10mg's when other people are taking 60+mg's a day!
    I might try a little bit of that Thomas Recipe, it sounds great. It just boggles my mind to think about what withdrawal symptoms would be like on 60mg's a day as opposed to my little puny-man 10mg's! When I don't take the pills I start to get extremely restless and have to move or else I'm not satisfied which doesn't mix well when trying to stay still in class.
    I appreciate all of this more than you will ever know. Every one of these comments helps me a great deal. You've proven that this site is the ultimate handbook for bad decisions. You guys are the best, thanks SO much
    Last edited by Dr34mW0rkZ; 02-05-2009 at 11:39 PM.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Hi Dreamworks,

I'm really glad you decided to quit. The addiction just get worse and worse, and you're really smart to stop it now!

You'll be fine. Just think of the withdrawal as a bad flu, and it's totally something you can handle.

What I wanted to say was, look out for your friend's brother. He's gonna try to continue selling you drugs. And if you happen to tell him you're detoxing and don't feel well, he's gonna be offering you "just one pill," "just to help you get through it." It sounds reasonable, and it's tempting when you're not feeling well. But "just one pill" will screw up your whole detox process. It won't help you get through it; instead, it will start the whole addiction again. Dealers always do this, even dealers who say they're your "friends." Just something to look out for.

You're gonna feel sooooo much better once you get through this! Please let us know how you're doing, OK?

Post doing good so far I guess

Hey fellaz...
    So this is day one of the WD. It's not that bad right now because I'm just laying in bed on my laptop. I told my dad that I just don't feel well and that I thought I caught something like the flu perhaps.
    I just had one question though...
    I heard that you can get through the first day alright, but the 2nd or 3rd days are supposedly the worst mentally and physically. So I was just wondering if it was a violation of cold turkeying if I take like Ibuprofen, or something?...Would this disrupt the WD and make it take longer?
    Ibuprofen usually helps me although I understand it wouldn't do that much to help me due to the fact that I'm use to much stronger stuff.

Just wondering what I can and can't do
    thanks again guys,
    Dream
    And so it begins...

Anonymous Guest

Hi Dr34
    Your going to have a few rough days...
    I put up the Thomas recipe for you it will help...
    Just hang in there you CAN do this...
    Just get it behind you...
    Talk to you later, Melinda

Thomas Detox Recipe

PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

This recipe is designed for cold turkey opiate detox. It assumes that you can get about 5 to 7 days away from your job or household responsibilities during which you can sleep, veg and act as miserable as you feel. Opiate WD mimics the symptoms of the common flu, so, if you need a smokescreen, hide behind a bad case of the flu.

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need
    Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.
    Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store). [generic brand anti-diarrheal is fine. Don't take it unless really uncomfortable]
    L-Tyrosine* (500 mg caps) from the health food store.* [See Warning]
    Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper and Magnesium.
    Vitamin B6 caps. [or stress B-complex?]
    Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available). [many gyms offer free trials]
    How to use the recipe
    Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst W/D symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5. [melatonin worked well after day 4 for me. Sleeplessness sometimes hangs on awhile]

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate W/D symptom. [I like Epsom salts in the tub. Forces Magnesium into the muscles]

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. DON'T TAKE IT, however, if you don't need it.[Diarrhea is the bodies way to aid in the detox so take Immodium or generic for the comfort factor, if needed]

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate W/D malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine*. Try 2000 mg, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mg. Take the L-Tyrosine* with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine* will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine* can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate W/D, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine* is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help. [*Read the Warning first! *L-Tyrosine* is great. *SamE 400* mg works for mood too]

With breakfast, take the mineral supplement.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better. [Walking gets the blood and lymph systems working, helping you detox better.]

PLEASE NOTE: If you have any medical complications, first check with your doctor before detoxing to verify that this regimen is safe for you. [Very important note]

[WARNING If you are on anti-Depressants, use medical supervision on L-Tyrosine, SamE and all mood enhancers. There can be a risk if taking L-Tyrosine, 5 HTP if you are on a tricyclic or a MAIO antidepressant's ...It can cause a spike in blood pressure.]

Default Congratulations!

Hi Tyler,

Really cool that you're doing this! At your usage level you won't feel bad physically, shouldn't get much worse than it is now. You'll just need to worry about mentally missing your dose. But you should be able to handle it easily!

Very cool...best of luck!

LondonToLA is offline Member

Default Yo Tyler

Hey Tyler. Why would anyone be mad at you? You're not a bad person. You can do it! If I can do it, you can do it. Yesterday was day#2 of WD and it felt like absolute hell - by far the worst. Day #1 and day #2 I had Cold sweats, shaking, crying all day, all my joints hurt, major morning anxiety. Today is day #3 and I feel like I'm starting to come out of it a little bit. I'm on my 3rd day of taking .5mg Klonopin to help w/the WD's and that seems to help. I have a feeling that if I feel better tomorrow, I won't even need to take the Klonopin anymore.

I had a 50mg Hydro per day addiction, so I'm WDing from that. There are people in my outpatient recovery group who were coming off of 500mg Hydro per day. Yes, 500mg! One girl's been clean for 60+ days. She's a real inspiration - if she can detox, then so can I, and so can you! I hope all goes well for you.

London

Hi Tyler,

Congratulations on starting the detox! You'll do fine. Everyone reacts somewhat differently to detox. The next couple of days could be worse than today, simply because the traces of remaining drug will be getting out of your system and your system will be adjusting to that. Some people say Day 4 is the worst. It just depends. It's a sure thing that if you hang in there you'll begin to feel better!

It's absolutely OK to take ibuprofen. It won't make the W/D last longer or the detox less effective. If it helps with your symptoms, you should feel free to use it.

Let us know how you're doing, OK? Take care of yourself!

icandoitin08 is offline Member

Tyler, You have found the right place. I think most of us here are going to take you under our wings so to speak. You are young and you have the opportunity to get control of this before it controls you! Read through the threads, check out what people go through when they abuse for extended periods. I am praying that you beat this now instead of making the same poor decisions that I made.

I did not abuse when I was young, I actually started in my 30's. You will need to keep your guard up. And Yes, it doe's feel god now. If you don't stop now it will take over your life 100%. I mean, I was at a point where I did not even care about anyone but myself, and I have two small kids! I was a shi%%y parent and wife.

I know that you don't want your parents to know but, if you were my child I would want to know. Your parents may surprise you. They love you unconditionally and would do anything to help you. Let them in! They are the people that will stand by you no matter what! I am going to be checking in on you and praying for you ever single day! Please end this now!
    Cheryl
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Every day you don't use, Give your
    self a HUG and do something nice for
    yourself!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Tyler
    I just want to add one more thing...
    I think you will do just fine in a couple days...I really don't think you need any of the benzo's listed on the Thomas recipe...
    No need to throw in more drugs into the fire...
    Hold strong my friend...
    Talk to you later, Melinda

Post doin....ok...:)

Alright so today is technically day 3 (2 am). I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping which I didn't think would really happen but what do you know, it's happening. I'm pretty achy and run-down like the flu. One thing about me is that I play tennis a lot. So today, like an idiot, I played while I was WDing! It actually took my mind off of how ********py I felt so it wasn't terrible but I didn't move too well for the ball. BUT....after tennis....my body was pisssseeeedddd!!!!!!!! So I just laid in bed and tried to watch a little bit of a movie.

London - wow! It's amazing how far an addiction can go. Can't believe I'm complaining about 10-20mg of percs when there're people out there that need help from a 500mg Hyrdo addiction!

Icandoit - It's really cool hearing from a parent in my situation. I only have a dad and you're right, he probably would want to know about this. However, even though it would be the right thing to do to tell him, I just can't do it. He has a lot to worry about for himself and throwing this on him will only result in more stress which I certainly don't want on my conscience. I really appreciate all your words of guidance though
    And so it begins...

Hi Tyler,

I actually think it's massively cool you played tennis today! It shows how much of life there is to enjoy outside of drugs, and how close you are to getting back to that drug-free happiness. You totally rock!

I hope it will help you sleep better tonight, too.

You're doing great.

Take care and thanks for checking in!

Default Doing Great!

Playing tennis is the BEST thing you could do. The more exercise you can get the better you will feel! Just a LITTLE bit longer and you will feel much better. Maybe bored and a little trouble sleeping but that will be it. So glad you're doing it. As bad as you feel now believe me it only gets worse as you continue to use! We're all very proud of you that you are doing this. You should be too!

Hang in there, you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel shortly, best wishes and good luck!

Greg

LondonToLA is offline Member

Alright so today is technically day 3 (2 am). I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping which I didn't think would really happen but what do you know, it's happening. I'm pretty achy and run-down like the flu. One thing about me is that I play tennis a lot. So today, like an idiot, I played while I was WDing! It actually took my mind off of how ********py I felt so it wasn't terrible but I didn't move too well for the ball. BUT....after tennis....my body was pisssseeeedddd!!!!!!!! So I just laid in bed and tried to watch a little bit of a movie.

London - wow! It's amazing how far an addiction can go. Can't believe I'm complaining about 10-20mg of percs when there're people out there that need help from a 500mg Hyrdo addiction!

Icandoit - It's really cool hearing from a parent in my situation. I only have a dad and you're right, he probably would want to know about this. However, even though it would be the right thing to do to tell him, I just can't do it. He has a lot to worry about for himself and throwing this on him will only result in more stress which I certainly don't want on my conscience. I really appreciate all your words of guidance though
    Yup! I know! I'm not one to judge anyone's addiction by what they were taking or by how much. It's just great that they're getting help. I CAN tell you that today is day 5 and I do feel better as I hope you are as well. I tried a modified Thomas Recipe, which worked OKAY for me, but I still have some residual anxiety. I hope you are doing well. I'm rooting for you.

sue13 is offline Member

Default Hi Tyler!

Good for you, quitting this stuff at your age! I, too, had to laugh that you thought we would be "mad" at you. We are ALL here, at least pretty much, because we had problems.

Keep going,
    Sue

bson44 is offline New Member

So I myself have been trying to get off of percocets, and it is weird to me reading all this stuff because number 1, i am way worse then anyone i have read on here, and two aside from the being lazy/feeling depressed i do not physically withdrawl THAT bad. My legs will hurt and i will mope around all day and not go out and hang out with people or anything, i get the cold sweats a little and have a little trouble sleeping, but i fall asleep and i dont sweat that bad or anything. I am just wondering if it is because i take the 30 MG blue ones and not the ones with tylenol or anything in them. It is really puzzeling to me because from what it seems from everyone, im not as bad with withdrawl symptoms. BUT i take 2-5 30 MG blue pills a day (Which if compared to the 5-325 would be about 20 of those a day on average, i just dont normally take that kind.) People on here are talking about taking 2 or 4 of those a day, which i wouldnt even notice if i took. I have no pain and really just got hooked on these badly by hanging out with the wrong people. It just never really works when i try to get off of them, i will go a few days without doing them, i always just quit cold turkey, and then say a week or two later ill do that 1 that wont be too bad, and its bad and im totally hooked back on them. I clearly need help but i dont know what to do, and it worries me reading this and seeing people worried about themselves taking 2 or 4 of the 5MG ones, and im taking 2-5 of the 30 MG ones.

anon777 is offline New Member

hun im addicted 2, we will go through this together

dynarikanrik is offline New Member

Hi Tyler,im not trying to say that 10mg a day is ok,but trust me don't worry about huge withdrawals.It won't be the most perfect thing you have ever done,but this kind of dosage is not too hard to get off.The one thing
    you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO MAKE SURE is,that you will STOP this now,before 10mgs stop working(and it will if you continue with this horrible thing!!!).And before you know you end up on 100 then 200mgs and then you will have a real problem.PLEASE trust me,i know what I'm saying.Im trying to stop this after years of doing it and yes,when you high you feel like king,but the price you pay for it is MUCH,MUCH higher.Life is worth so much more then that.Im off of them for just couple of days and i know the biggest hell is in front of me still,but i hope I'm ready this time to walk thru it.Im new here,but PLS every body keep your fingers crossed for me!Thank you

J29Davis is offline Banned

Sory, for my question, but I had surgery a month ago and was prescribed percocet. They told me to take it before physical therapy which I have 3x a week. Will taking the pills only on these days lead to an addiction?

Eli1414 is offline New Member

Melinda!! i need help as well. Im a 21 year kid thats also addicted to Perks. IT used to be just for recreational then idk what happend. The drug took me over and i am having so much trouble stopping. IT is literally killing me inside (Figuratively speaking). I try and try to stop but then my mind changes after a long day. I dont think and just end up buying some off the streets. Im a normal kid that got sucked in to all of this. I really want to stop this. im loosing friends over it. Im starting to lie and make excuses for things, Its getting to the point where im depressed without them and dont know hoe to live happy being sober. Im the type of person you never would think would be addicted but sadly i am. Do you have any information for me.

melindau is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eli1414 View Post
    Melinda!! i need help as well. Im a 21 year kid thats also addicted to Perks. IT used to be just for recreational then idk what happend. The drug took me over and i am having so much trouble stopping. IT is literally killing me inside (Figuratively speaking). I try and try to stop but then my mind changes after a long day. I dont think and just end up buying some off the streets. Im a normal kid that got sucked in to all of this. I really want to stop this. im loosing friends over it. Im starting to lie and make excuses for things, Its getting to the point where im depressed without them and dont know hoe to live happy being sober. Im the type of person you never would think would be addicted but sadly i am. Do you have any information for me.
    Hi Eli...
    Yeah that is the way it happens to most of us!!! No worry's!!! we can help you thru this!! your so young~you got your whole life in front of you!!!! let's get you off of this cr@p! what have you been taking and how much! so I know how to help you!!
    Melinda