I wanna quit pain killers
    looking4newstart is offline New Member

Default I wanna quit pain killers

I am new to this site, but I have been reading the posts and i definitely could use some advice/support. I just turned 30 and I have been taking pain killers and other drugs on and off, mostly on since i was 17. This has landed me in the hospital twice june 2010 being the most recent. Back in June i took tramadol which gave me a seizure in my sleep which made me vomit and asphyxiate myself. A best friend just happened to come by and find me not breathing right in the nick of time doctors said its a miracle im alive. you would think this wouldve made me stop using. As of the last month my using has gotten horribly worse, worse then it has ever been. I now take minimum of 13 10mg vicodin a day everyday. I really want today to be the last day i take these pills. im trying to get my hands on ativan to make the process easier. the minute i feel a little anxiety from withdrawal i pick up the phone and get pills. any advice is greatly appreciated. ive never spoken about this in this manner or admitted out loud i am addicted.Sorry for the bad punctuation and run on sentences. i cant sleep and i felt like if i didnt do this now i never will

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Hello looking4newstart.

Welcome to the board. I just detoxed from a 60+ mg oxy per day habit which lasted 8 months and I feel great. Your dose is also not that high and Viks are easier to detox from than most other opiates (this is what I've read).

If you quit CT, you will be feeling much better in a matter of days. But, you've got to want it. Will you feel uncomfortable? Yes. Will it last that long? No.

All you need to do is decide and jump. There is life on the other side and I must tell you I built the WDs up to be much worse than they really were.

You can read my story here: http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...ing-58307.html

Good luck to you!

looking4newstart is offline New Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I really need it right now...this addiction is a big weight on my shoulders that i NEVER speak about. I feel better just talking about it already. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on living it drug free

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by looking4newstart View Post
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I really need it right now...this addiction is a big weight on my shoulders that i NEVER speak about. I feel better just talking about it already. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on living it drug free
    Good for you. Have you ever heard of the Thomas Recipe? That's what I followed and it really helped. In did change one thing though. It calls for a large dose of benzos upfront and I only took a small amount at night for sleep.

Definitely get the vitamins and take them. They really help with the RLS and a few other WD symptoms.

Go into this with a plan. You've got to want it. Just think, in a few days you will be over the hump and feeling better with opiate addiction behind you.

Thomas Recipe: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

Keep posting. We are here for you.