I take only 2mg of Hydromorphone/Dilaudid a day
    Asiablu is offline New Member

Default I take only 2mg of Hydromorphone/Dilaudid a day

I take only 1- 2mg pill every 24 hours. If I dont take it I start to feel ********************py, I know I probably should not be addicted at this small amount but I am. Can anyone tell me how bad it might get and how many days it might last when I stop? And is it very unusual to be addicted to only 1 pill a day?

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

It's not called addiction, I would say you're dependent which is a huge difference.
    It doesn't appear that you are abusing dilaudid. So you will have likely mild to moderate withdrawls but I bet by the 4th day you will be feeling much better.Good luck to you....Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    It's not called addiction, I would say you're dependent which is a huge difference.
    It doesn't appear that you are abusing dilaudid. So you will have likely mild to moderate withdrawls but I bet by the 4th day you will be feeling much better.Good luck to you....Dave

Thank you Dave, also, will Norco/Vicodin help me ween off? I asked the doc for 1mg tabs of Dilaudid because I wanted to ween off, but he would not give me anymore, he would only give me Vicodin. I did not tell him I was dependent.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Yes weaning down using hydrocodone will make it easier for sure.Good luck.....Dave

i dont know if you realize it but 2 mg of dilaudid is a lot compared to someone who doesnt take it or who only takes it every now and then. the vicodin should help you in weening off and good luck. im here to talk to.

Thank you for your feedback, I am taking one 10mg Vicodin a day and am going down to half this weekend. I think ill do fine. I appreciate your offer to talk. Reading these posts breaks my heart to see all of the people having a hard time, its a rough road and my prayers are with you all.

SouthTallahassee is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asiablu View Post
    Thank you Dave, also, will Norco/Vicodin help me ween off? I asked the doc for 1mg tabs of Dilaudid because I wanted to ween off, but he would not give me anymore, he would only give me Vicodin. I did not tell him I was dependent.
    Asiablu---good luck with getting off the stronger drugs. You need to have a support person who can constantly keep telling you that "You CAN do this Asiablu!!!!" Have someone with you for a week or so to give you lots of support and encouragement.... You are strong and so much of our addictions are just what we want and not always what we need! I was on the Fentenyl patch (75mg) for about 7 months and decided I didn't want to be on something that is 100 times stronger than morphine. After that, if you get in a car wreck or get hurt really bad, I wondered what could they give me for pain after taking the Fentenyl. My husband stayed right in there with me and had put back some Lortab 10's so I didn't have much withdrawels at all. I stayed in bed for an entire week-end except to go to the bathroom, and on Monday I took a shower first thing and sontined on my Lortabs and started to feel better, just knowing I whipped that strong, dangerous drug. I wish you the best of luck and hope it works out perfect for you.....my prayers will be with you....let me know how it goes-ok? Sincerely, Dee in Seminole Country.....N. Florida