I screwed up, now what should I do?
    opiHATES is offline New Member

Exclamation I screwed up, now what should I do?

Hello, I am new to this forum, but not new to painkillers.

I have been on various forms of painkillers for about 4 years now. Currently I am taking Kadian & Norco for breakthrough pain. I have been given only 3 a day which did not help, so I took some of my husband's Darvocet. Bad idea. My Dr no longer wants to see me because the Darvocet showed up on the drug screen.

What now? Try to find another pain dr? I'm afraid he may have blacklisted me in this town. I would like to try & quit, but I am really in a lot of pain & not sure if I can live a normal life without pain meds. BUT, I am so tired of this rat race! My husband & I move a lot (every 6 months) because of his job, so I have to go through finding a new dr all the time, which is MADDENING.

Any advice would be sooo appreciated.

steellchick is offline New Member

Default better off of pain meds!

Quote Originally Posted by opiHATES View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum, but not new to painkillers.

I have been on various forms of painkillers for about 4 years now. Currently I am taking Kadian & Norco for breakthrough pain. I have been given only 3 a day which did not help, so I took some of my husband's Darvocet. Bad idea. My Dr no longer wants to see me because the Darvocet showed up on the drug screen.

What now? Try to find another pain dr? I'm afraid he may have blacklisted me in this town. I would like to try & quit, but I am really in a lot of pain & not sure if I can live a normal life without pain meds. BUT, I am so tired of this rat race! My husband & I move a lot (every 6 months) because of his job, so I have to go through finding a new dr all the time, which is MADDENING.

Any advice would be sooo appreciated.
    Hi,

You will not have as much pain if you kick the pain killer habit. They lose their effectiveness over time and you will feel better overall. Try Thomas's recipe for getting off of the pain meds. It will convince any doctor to give you another look. That way you can have your pain managed with medications geared to your condition. I was on pain patches for the past 5 years and am now feeling better. You can do this.

Mariann

opiHATES is offline New Member

Thanks for your speedy reply, Mariann.
    I have read Thomas' method & am considering it, however, I am scared to death. I have been thru full blown withdrawals before & my bp was in the stroke range. I am afraid I'm gonna stroke out!

disabledleo is offline Member

Default Once you realize

Once you realize what you have to do it all becomes very clear..... I too have been thru some of the worst w/d's from oxy doses that would kill a horse & went off cold turkey & yes would have thought for sure death was there & have made it. My suggestion to you since YOU posted is go back to your dr & tell them you NEED their help getting OFF the meds completely & really need them. Then it's up to you to set your mind to it & leave the pills alone until you absolutely have to take them. I only can post this because its what I have had to do & have done it. Good luck & remember we ALL have used the w/d excuses to continue killing ourselves & everyone around us.
    I wish you luck & hope you get the help you need
    Michael