Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
I hate oxycodone help me please
    thekid0138 is offline Member

Default I hate oxycodone help me please

Hello everybody ! To all you that have gotten off these monster pills congrats i wish it was me but i hope it will be me soon i have made other post lost 2 friends to these pills in last year now found out monday my fiance is pregant with twins im happy for them but not that they are going to come into the world to a pill addicted father our son is 6 and i do great job with him i am on disability right now and have many physical problems that i get alot of meds from my doctor but also but plenty of them off the streets i take about 300-400mg a day i have cut down from last post i was up to maybe 600-700 per day i know that i want to stop for my fiance and the babies but just am so lost on how to go about starting it alone i have quit once befor and dont want my fiance to know that i abuse them like befor it was not good so how can i do this bymyself i would rather be dead then bring 2 more children into this world in the condition im in i have 52 15 mg roxicodones left rite now and would appreciate any help or a plan or stratgey to help me to get away from thess f...... Pills it makes me sick to think my whole life is based on if i have enough pills or not it is disgusting but im am not a weak person its just i dont wana feel like im dieing for the next 3-4 days even though it is really worth it in the long run because of the kids if there is anyone in wisconsin let me know i would love to have somebody to talk to in person or maybe on phone first so not jump to things to fast its just i dont know what to do when these pills are gone i do not not not want to go buy any more that is what i am already planning for its 3 days away and im already worried it is so sick but my physical condition is pretty bad but i know the pills make the pain much worse then it really is because of the addiction i am 30 years old and am sick of this life any help advice is greatly apreciated in advance or ideas or plans that have worked for others would be great sorry for such a long story but its so hard when a person with an addiction has nobody to talk to about there sickness because they are afraid of what might happen if others find out that this happened again sorry for spelling errors also thank you so so much you all are great that have stopped this addiction im so proud of you all i hope to be there someday soon too
    kkellie likes this.

Default Hi all

Could somebody please give me any info or opinions please i need any help you can offer

OXYmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by thekid0138 View Post
    Could somebody please give me any info or opinions please i need any help you can offer
    Hey, Kid. I haven't had much time on the forum lately, but I saw this and wanted to pop in here and tell you to hang on. Some of the regulars should be along soon, but if not, then create a new thread and put something in the title that says, "I really need help!" Or "Melinda" that will draw some of the regulars and they will be here to support you. I am sorry that I don't get internet at home right now, only at work and I've been super busy here. I just want to tell you that ALL of us have been where you are at somepoint in our addiction or recovery. It WILL be ok. You will be okay and you can beat this. I will be back later to see if others may have stopped by yet.

FabFive is offline New Member

To thekid0138. I am new to this forum as well. I have looked through this site sooo much for the last 2 years and have finally decided to post. I am so glad that I am. Its so hard to admit addiction. I am trying to wean and cut back so hard. I want off this stuff. But it is the depression and anxiety that get to me everytime I try. I have made it 16 dyas once and I wish I could go back in time and stayed clean. I feel like I will never be able to stop. I need to stay strong and positive and so do you. We can do it, we have to put all our strength and faith into it. Lets try together.

Default melinda hello

To everyone that has talked to me so far i appreciate it so much yes i know maybe some people like me and others need another person to go through the wds at the same time so you know that there is another person going through the same thing as me at the same time i dont know why and how i got myself back into this sitouation again i was free from it once and now it happened again i just wana kick my own azz and sometimes lately have been seriously thinking about takeing myself out of this life but i know that is the cowards way out and its a weak persons way out not a strong person like i know i can be so yea lets do this together and beat this garbage for one last time ok

Anonymous Guest

Hi kid and Fabfive
    I'm so glad you found us, I to was addicted to oxycontin vics percs, soma and klonopin..My life was a nightmare...I had tried to quit many times till I got so sick of being tired of being sick and tired running out of pills and spending all my money on them...I quit my oxycontin witch I was chewing, so when I started my taper I had to take 20 ten mg a day and I was still sick, but I got stable and I started my taper from there...I was working at the time, so I tried to make my drops on the weekend ..
    If I can share anything I did to make it, I would love to share it with you...
    It can be done...lets break those chains
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Hi Oxymom
    Miss ya girl !!!

Thanks Melinds! You seem like such a great caring person. I appreciate everything you do to help people on here. I am alot like you used to be because I will take anything. It started as Vikes, then perks, then morphine, and now I am taking methadone too. Some days I take one or the other depending on what I have or can get. These are not prescribed to me. Lately though I have been taking Methadone. I can get by with just 20mgs a day. Even longer than 24 hours apart between doses, but when I try to stop its the depressive moods and anxiety that get to me. I want to be done with this so I have been taking multi vitamins and omega 3 and even an antidepresssant daily to help me gear up for it. I need a friend on here to talk to because nobody knows my situation. I need to get clean for myself and my family, I hate this terrible secret I've been hiding. Please help me with some ideas or tips on what to do. Anything will help. Thank you!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Fab
    I think having the secret was the worst, altho I think I was the only one that thought know one else new ...
    It was so nice when I found this forum, I had tapered down to 2 five mg vics and was just exhausted I just needed someone to tell me it was OK and that I was going to make it...I do have to tell you I don't know much about methadone I was on everything but that I think my Doctor may have gave it to me once, but it didn't get me high enough so I said forget that ...Im going to ask Bev to jump in here to to see if she can help out, and tell you if it would be easer to jump off vics if you have a choice I know you need to get down to about 10mg of methadone just to get on subs... I'm going to send bev a Fb mssg and ask her to help out to..
    you will have tons of support on here I promise you that.. I will talk to you soon, Melinda

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Hiya Fab... I was on methadone exclusively for over 30 years. Methadone is extremely hard to get off off because it has a very long half life so withdrawal can last for a much longer time than it would with pills. My suggestion to you is to taper the methadone. Do it slowly but drop your dose. You can either taper all the way down with the methadone, though you need weeks between doses and really small drops at the end or try to substitute a short acting opiate which is the pills. It is much either to taper pills, which Melinda has done and can help you with. Withdrawal from pills lasts about a week. Withdrawal from methadone can last a few months. If you want to taper from meth, I would drop 5 mgs. every couple of weeks until I reached 10 mgs. Then I would drop 1 or 2 mgs. at a time. It will still be uncomfortable. If you can come down and switch to vics and taper them with Melinda's help, you might find it easier.

Thank you all for the advice. I have only been taking the methadone for about 4 months but never the whole month. I would always run out of it and then take whatever was around to get me through. I can last a few days inbetween the methadone without having to take another dose., so that might be what I should do. Wean slowly off that. What helped you all with the depression and anxiety that comes with the withdrawl? Thats the worse for me! Thank you so much for the advice!

Default Good advice

I am glad the women on here have been on meds too so they know how it is to try to get off them it is so hard my fiance thinks that it is all in a persons mind and i tell her she is so wrong but she just dont believe me i tell her to look at my friends and she says yea they were weak people that is totally untrue but it is hard to explain to a person that has never had this addiction so if anybody has any advice to tell her i would appreciate it and also i will post back gona try to start to taper down somehow i dont know how but need to think of a plan if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it greatly thanks thekid

Default melinda fabb u still around

hey was just wondering if anybody is still reading this or not so let me know fab and was curious to see how its going for you aand if you stopped or not with this sick sick thing of all these nasty little pills i tried to start to get off sunday and monday i know one thing im need to get alot stronger if i wana stop i went down to only 2 10 mg perc in 24 hr i felt like i was loseing my mind it was horrible so think i gota try new plan AGAIN then as soon as didnt feel good called my buddy to come over get some more pills and back to same o same o not fun wow this is gona be rough thanks again everybody

Relapsed Again is offline New Member

Hi Kid,

First, don't feel like people are ignoring you. The weekends tend to be alot busier around here for some reason and slows down alot during the week. When we just need someone to answser us, we feel like we've been desserted. Not true, not true at all. I as a long term member a few years ago and this Forum is what it took to get me clean. I stayed that way until about a year ago and now here I am. I've always done cold turkey, but this doesn't sound feasible for you. With the extraoridinary high amounts you are taken, is it possible to wean down far enough and try suboxone? For me, I never tried suboxone, never even heard of it until I joined this forum and it scares the carp outta me. However, and that's a HUGH HOWEVER, there are a few people here that if you are wiling to listen to them every step of the way will wean you right off the subs in no time without any or very little symptoms. Ask Robert or Henry for help. The key here is that you have to listen to them and follow their instructions without questions! The are the gurus and many of us who know this Forum respect that. Robert has helped so many people and has lots and lots of success stories, but only from those who followed his instructions to the T.

Other option, one I could never do is to taper. To me, it just dragged out the discomfort and I'd end up gobbling and thinking when these are gone, then I'll just go cold turkey. Well, at some point it worked but most times it didn't. The only way I made it was to plan for it, get my head on straight and say to myself, this is it. Opiate detox never killed anyone. I've been sick for longer than 5 or 6 days and so it will be. My opinion, if you can do it, cold turkey is the way. Your usage seems pretty heavy, though and I'm not sure you dare try that without weaning down before making that final jump. Investigate suboxone and read around the forum as much as you can from those who take it.

Keep posting. That in itself helps just knowing that you are most defintely not alone. Lots of good folks are in the same spot as we are. OH, the aftermath of detoxing. Yep. Not pretty. Very hard but that can be overcome too. Takes alot of will power and determination and just knowing that this too shall pass.

Go for it Kid, whatever way you choose. JUST DO IT!

Love,

Relapsed...Again

Hi Kid, I am still here, everyday reading new posts and this one that you started too. I am trying to wean down still. I am at 20mg of methadone and I am craving and wanting more but I havent went up. It's very hard but I am trying to be strong willed and not do it. I dont know how I am gonna get by with less when it's this hard on 20mg. How are you doing? What is it that you take now? How much and what kind?

Anonymous Guest

hey was just wondering if anybody is still reading this or not so let me know fab and was curious to see how its going for you aand if you stopped or not with this sick sick thing of all these nasty little pills i tried to start to get off sunday and monday i know one thing im need to get alot stronger if i wana stop i went down to only 2 10 mg perc in 24 hr i felt like i was loseing my mind it was horrible so think i gota try new plan AGAIN then as soon as didnt feel good called my buddy to come over get some more pills and back to same o same o not fun wow this is gona be rough thanks again everybody
    Hi kid
    sorry my computer has a bug and is running slow so I have not been on here much, I will fix it soon are you doing ok ???

Default sorry all

hi its the kid i have been away from the computer for awhile so thats why i have not been posting at all lately so i was just wondering how its going fab and also anybody else that has been posting on this thread and also fab for the question you asked me i have been on oxycodone for 4 years or so and havbe quit 2 times for very short periods of time so now im up to about 400-600mg a day of codone so its getting worse as days go on and on and im getting very sick of it and dont know what to do and how to stop for good and for the last time ever so that is why im here now hows it been going for you get back to me hope all is well

PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

hi its the kid i have been away from the computer for awhile so thats why i have not been posting at all lately so i was just wondering how its going fab and also anybody else that has been posting on this thread and also fab for the question you asked me i have been on oxycodone for 4 years or so and havbe quit 2 times for very short periods of time so now im up to about 400-600mg a day of codone so its getting worse as days go on and on and im getting very sick of it and dont know what to do and how to stop for good and for the last time ever so that is why im here now hows it been going for you get back to me hope all is well
    Hi, Kid. I hate oxycodone, too!!!

(Quick backstory: I suffer from pain due to injuries sustained in a car accident. I am 32 and will be in pain until the day I die.)

I was addicted to oxy at one point up to (I wasn't really counting) ~500mg/day, so we're not alone on that. My pain management Dr switched me to methadone tablets and I feel just fine! The switch-over was the tricky part, but once we got past a little bit of withdrawal (managed by a 7 day course of Valium) and found the right dose of Methadone to control both my pain and my addiction, I was good. That process may take a few weeks so...patience! Keep your eye on the prize!

My pain as well as my addiction are well managed. I hope you have a similar outcome.

Hope that helps a little bit!

PS: The reason I like methadone personally is the infrequent dosing for pain (every (usually) 8-12hrs, depending on your metabolism of the drug) and the low cost. A month's supply costs me $12 with no insurance! It's the kind of pill that you don't crave and is an EXCELLENT pain medication - tailor made for pain-patient/addicts. It can make you high but taken as directed it should not...used properly, it's a welcome respite from the roller-coaster of addiction to short acting narcotics.

I'd like your feedback, Kid.

PPS: Suboxone for pain management is ineffective, BTW.
    Last edited by PeterRabbit2; 06-12-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    Peter

Just one caveat:

Methadone is a narcotic (there's no getting around that fact). It can be abused. Only you and your doctor can decide what is right for you.
    Peter

Default Melinda robert peter thank you

yes actually i have tried methadone befor when i was out of my oxycodone which i usually find a way to get codone but at a time when i could not i did try methadone and it did seem to work wonders for me i took like 2 or 3 10 mg in the morining and then didnt take any more till like 10 hours later and think i took 2 of them again and i did this process for probably 4 or 5 days and it was strange i didnt even think about the oxycodone at all nor did i get very many withdrawls granted i took them when i was takeing less oxycodone but i do belive that it would work for my pain and also withdrawls so im glad you brought that up to me i go back to my pain management in few weeks so i might bring that up to my doc its just im so sick that i LOVE OXYCODONE and thats why i dont get my doctor to switch my meds but i know i have to get out of this viscious cycle im in and i also want out to for myself not just cause i have to and with haveing my fiance pregant its just a matter of time befor i screw up all of the ones i love lifes and my own and end up like my friends dead and i dont want that to be me THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR TIME AND INFO TO HELP EVERYONE ON HERE YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST ROBERT AND MELINDA YOU HAVE ALOT OF GREAT INFO
    PeterRabbit2 likes this.

yes actually i have tried methadone befor when i was out of my oxycodone which i usually find a way to get codone but at a time when i could not i did try methadone and it did seem to work wonders for me i took like 2 or 3 10 mg in the morining and then didnt take any more till like 10 hours later and think i took 2 of them again and i did this process for probably 4 or 5 days and it was strange i didnt even think about the oxycodone at all nor did i get very many withdrawls granted i took them when i was takeing less oxycodone but i do belive that it would work for my pain and also withdrawls so im glad you brought that up to me i go back to my pain management in few weeks so i might bring that up to my doc its just im so sick that i LOVE OXYCODONE and thats why i dont get my doctor to switch my meds but i know i have to get out of this viscious cycle im in and i also want out to for myself not just cause i have to and with haveing my fiance pregant its just a matter of time befor i screw up all of the ones i love lifes and my own and end up like my friends dead and i dont want that to be me THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR TIME AND INFO TO HELP EVERYONE ON HERE YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST ROBERT AND MELINDA YOU HAVE ALOT OF GREAT INFO
    You're welcome...I'm no expert but I try. Maybe one day, after enough experience, I can be as helpful as the more learned ones. (Aren't Melinda and Robert awesome?)

About "LOVING" Oxy:

I used to ADORE oxycodone, both for it's potent pain-killing and euphoric properties (the latter got me (and I suspect you) into trouble). I have since nearly forgotten about it! I don't know if I'll have trouble with Methadone down the road, but I'll gladly drink from this oasis!

I will refrain from advising you on what to do but instead I'll share what I did.

My psychiatrist and my pain management Dr. trusted me explicitly. If I needed an Rx, I would simply call them and say so. (Trust me, they are well respected members in their respective fields, they're no "Dr. Feelgoods", I'm just good enough at manipulation and know just enough about medicine to paint a Dr. into a mental corner so I would be prescribed what I wanted without having to ask for it; I'm not proud of that, BTW! I misused my intellect and my injuries for my own personal gain. I know that is VERY wrong.)

ANYWAY - They trusted me. When I realized what a dangerous place I was in, (300mg-500mg+ oxy per day and escalating) I panicked. I knew that I could O.D. at any time and did not want to die at the age of 31!

Here's what I did. I made an emergency appt. w/my psychitrist and it went this way:

I said, "Dr., please sit down. She looked at me quizzically, "Sit, please sit" I said again. Then I simply told her the truth, the whole, 100% truth, how I'd been manipulating them, EVERYTHING. Now, she KNEW I had real pain - it showed on my X-rays and MRI's. And this is what she said, "Peter, come on, honey...sit and wait...behave yourself." About 15 agonizing minutes later, she gave me a come-hither motion and sat me down in her office. I apologized for dropping such a bombshell. She then asked me to expound on everything and I did. Then, she called my pain Dr. and she prescribed me Methadone (after a fast 7-day taper down to 90mg/day oxy and 10mg Valium, b.i.d. I discontinued the Valium after the 7 days, at once.)

In was SO relieving! Not only was she not going to cut me off (My worst nightmare) she was non-judgmental, very Ruth-like, she explained to me that it was not my fault but simply the nature of my brain and the nature of the drug (Oxy)

What was even more reliving were the facts about Methadone:
    #1 - It relieved my pain BETTER than Oxy
    #2 - It removed ALL the cravings
    #3 - It is cheap as dirt.

I won't tell you how much I take, but rather that my dose was individualized - as must be yours, IF your Dr. decides it's the correct drug for you.

So...in a nutshell - I told the truth and it set me free.

You mentioned you took about 50mg a day? That sounds about right, BUT keep in mind NEVER to dose yourself with methadone! It's analgesic properties are shorter than the elimination time, so taken on a PRN basis, it can accumulate dangerously - leading to respiratory depression and sometimes a fatality.

You MUST do this under a Dr.'s care!!!

Godspeed and I will add you to my prayer list.

We're kindred spirits. Find a way off the Oxy roller-coaster! Being level-headed feels so much better than any high! I didn't believe that until I saw the proof in myself.

PS: AGAIN, please remember that methadone is a narcotic and is not an ideal drug. It is better than out-of-control oxy abuse, but not perfect. Dose escalation is possible - even likely over time. Withdrawal from Methadone is on par with >>>>>>. It must be taken EXACTLY as prescribed.

{Personal note - I mentioned that methadone removed "ALL" craving for oxy; that is a bit of an exaggeration. It removed about 99% of the craving. I have OCD and have intrusive thoughts about the drug and neither of my Dr.'s can say for sure that the thoughts are more a function of the addiction (70 days since I made the switch) or my OCD or both. In any event - the "cravings" are severe but sparse, perhaps a couple times a week for an hour I can't get the thought of oxy out of my head. It passes and I move on.}

Good luck, my friend. You CAN break this cycle! You might be uncomfortable for a while but you'll survive.

New baby on the way? CONGRATULATIONS!!! Here's your silver lining - you can use your experience so the new one won't have to suffer the way you are now.

May the peace of God be with you!
    Last edited by PeterRabbit2; 06-12-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Peter

Dear "Kid",

This is a piece of advice I can give you - take that leap of faith and request (kindly demand it, if you have to) to be switched from oxycodone to Methadone 10mg tablets. If AFTER your Dr. decides you're better off on methadone and you're stable on it, flush ALL your Oxy and tell your Dr. that you don't want it. Even if you don't come clean about your addiction, find an excuse to make the switch. If not for yourself, do it for the baby!

Methadone isn't perfect but it is better. You will behave more evenly; your thinking will cease being tortured by the incessant worry and cravings. - AND - Your pain WILL be controlled (at the right dose) trust me; methadone is a potent analgesic!
    You must find the right dose with a Doctor's help. BUT, be prepared to be on it for a long time and if you ever wish to stop it, do so super gradually and under a Dr.'s guidance.

PS: If you have no allergies (with your Dr's blessing) you can supplement methadone with an NSAID as simple as aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen or the topical Voltaren Gel 1% to cut down on inflammation. If you have issues with NSAIDS (asthma to aspirin, GI upset or heart arrhythmias) you can take up to 2 grams of APAP (Tylenol) every day if you don't drink. Your Dr. may want to run blood tests, like the CMP to check for problems.

Again - I cannot stress this enough! - Methadone is a narcotic w/abuse potential and an extraordinarily problematic withdrawal. Please consider that heavily. However, for people with moderately severe to severe, long term pain, it is a viable option - not perfect - viable.

All the best,
    P.F.
    Peter

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

I too am on methadone and it saved me from what was shaping up to be a short road to the morgue. One thing I've decided to add in here though is a disclaimer to anyone considering either methadone or suboxone for maitenance treatment. In order to switch over to either drug long term you need to come to the realization that both are EXTREMELY hard drugs to get off of and are only used in a last resort ( long term ) care. There is a large number of people that cannot do it alone and turn to these drugs expecting a miracle and end up whining and complaining because they are harder to get off of. They aren't created to get off of, they are used for long term treatment to allow you to relearn how to live a stable, drug free life. They allow your brain time to heal ( some NEVER heal ) and they allow you to be a normal person who takes a medication everyday. What worked for me might not work for everyone. If you're not willing to face the possibility of being on methadone for YEARS or possibly EVER, don't start it. So many people think they can use it for 6 months and then taper off. First off your mind is still mush after 6 months and isnt healthy enough for a methadone withdrawal. Secondly a successful methadone taper should last about a year followed by about 6 weeks of Roberts suboxone taper plan.

There is the disclaimer. I think methadone is a blessing if you're willing to accept the truth about addiction. Some people can go cold turkey, taper or use short term soboxone, many cannot
    PeterRabbit2 likes this.

I am glad the women on here have been on meds too so they know how it is to try to get off them it is so hard my fiance thinks that it is all in a persons mind and i tell her she is so wrong but she just dont believe me i tell her to look at my friends and she says yea they were weak people that is totally untrue but it is hard to explain to a person that has never had this addiction so if anybody has any advice to tell her i would appreciate it and also i will post back gona try to start to taper down somehow i dont know how but need to think of a plan if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it greatly thanks thekid
    Your fiancee probably loves you tremendously and means well but is completely ignorant of the disease; do NOT fault her, she just doesn't know any better...I used to be just like that...a hypocrite, too!

Not only was I an addict, I judged other addicts as lacking moral fiber! WOW! I was so misguided (nuts, actually). Good lord.

I remember Oprah Winfrey saying to an addict once, "Why don't you just stop?" Ha! That's almost funny if it weren't so sad. Oprah is a wonderful woman, she is practically a saint (I think) but lacked a fundamental understanding of addiction when she posed such a question.

I'm sure your fiancee's heart is in the right place but this is your problem, try to fix it on your own first. All your significant other needs to know is that you are efforting a change and succeeding at it; to her it may be black and white like that.

Considering that she's pregnant, I would try to not put too heavy a burden on her, just do some corrective action. That's all she wants. She wants you to be there to raise the children with her and be able to provide. If you're buying pills off the street, you're risking your family's safety (by dealing with dealers) and draining the finances.

Do the right thing. I know you can. You wouldn't be here if you didn't want to change.

You and your family are in my deepest prayers,
    P.F.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by yezdegerd View Post
    I too am on methadone and it saved me from what was shaping up to be a short road to the morgue. One thing I've decided to add in here though is a disclaimer to anyone considering either methadone or suboxone for maitenance treatment. In order to switch over to either drug long term you need to come to the realization that both are EXTREMELY hard drugs to get off of and are only used in a last resort ( long term ) care. There is a large number of people that cannot do it alone and turn to these drugs expecting a miracle and end up whining and complaining because they are harder to get off of. They aren't created to get off of, they are used for long term treatment to allow you to relearn how to live a stable, drug free life. They allow your brain time to heal ( some NEVER heal ) and they allow you to be a normal person who takes a medication everyday. What worked for me might not work for everyone. If you're not willing to face the possibility of being on methadone for YEARS or possibly EVER, don't start it. So many people think they can use it for 6 months and then taper off. First off your mind is still mush after 6 months and isnt healthy enough for a methadone withdrawal. Secondly a successful methadone taper should last about a year followed by about 6 weeks of Roberts suboxone taper plan.

There is the disclaimer. I think methadone is a blessing if you're willing to accept the truth about addiction. Some people can go cold turkey, taper or use short term soboxone, many cannot
    This is very true!!!

Methadone is a LONG-term proposition. Once you start methadone, be damned sure you and your doctor are in agreement that you'll be on this "forever and ever, amen", so to speak.

To taper off of methadone is as difficult as to taper off of >>>>>> or morphine!

Proceed with extreme caution! If you can find a non-narcotic option that works for you - TAKE IT!

The first step is to have a nice, long conversation with a pain-management Dr. or two. Second or even third opinions may be of value, here!

Suboxone is GREAT for tapering off of narcotics then stopping, not for pain.
    Methadone is GREAT for staying on a narcotic analgesic FOREVER!

Be very sure you take the correct path. Only a doctor can decide. Methadone has its risks, to be sure!

In my case, I have injuries such that I will be in pain forever; I have exhausted EVERY SINGLE AVENUE, to no avail! So my pain Dr. decided methadone...forever. If I ever need to stop it, woe is me! It is indeed a last resort drug. It's not perfect, but better than out-of-control oxy abuse.

I've been on it only ~70 days so I don't know whether I'll ultimately have a positive or negative effect. For now, it enables me a normal life.
    Last edited by PeterRabbit2; 06-12-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    Peter

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

I go to the clinic and always get a good laugh at the many people in the waiting room. It's like people just refuse to educate themselves and just leap! Do I hate the fact that i need to take a medication everyday? Yes! Sure beats the alternative though!

I started mmt at the right time. It starts with pills and I was just about to enter the smoke/inject phase so I have nothing but mmt to thank for where I am today. My brain is finally starting to smooth itself out and the cravings are becoming less and less. Without mmt though I didn't stand a chance. 1 vicodin would have triggered a full blown relapse. My addict mind would have continued to keep it a secret from my wife and since >>>>>> is cheaper it would have been easier to hide. That's addiction and that's why people need to stop and think once in a while

Default Wow

Well i first would like to say thanks to you peter for all of the great information you have provided to me today it all makes alot of sense to me on how important it is to have a doctor monitor the methadone i have heard a few horror stories of how people have took one methadone and went to sleep and never woke up i didnt know until about a month ago on how it builds up in a persons system it can really make a person scarde especially somebody like me that has a problem when they take the first pill they just want to keep takeing more and more but at least i know that if i do that with methadone i wont be around long so that will prevent me from takeing more than im supposed to and yes also peter i see what you mean about my fiance yes i know i dont want to make her feel bad again that this problem has come back again but i know i have to and also have to get on methadone i think it will be my lifesaver because i know that the rollercoaster im on now can end at any time or any day it is so sick that i let myself get like this again i cant believe i did it to myself wow what an idiot well all i can do is change the future not the past and do it for me my family and my 2 best friends that these pills took from me i never thought they were this bad and also i was told i will be on pain meds until i die i am only 30 and have very bad rhumeatoid arthritis spelling ?? And also some other issues so thats why im going to call my pain doc tomorrow to see how soon can get in thanks again i like reading all of everyones info and experiences so everyone feel free to keep posting thanks again

Well i first would like to say thanks to you peter for all of the great information you have provided to me today it all makes alot of sense to me on how important it is to have a doctor monitor the methadone i have heard a few horror stories of how people have took one methadone and went to sleep and never woke up i didnt know until about a month ago on how it builds up in a persons system it can really make a person scarde especially somebody like me that has a problem when they take the first pill they just want to keep takeing more and more but at least i know that if i do that with methadone i wont be around long so that will prevent me from takeing more than im supposed to and yes also peter i see what you mean about my fiance yes i know i dont want to make her feel bad again that this problem has come back again but i know i have to and also have to get on methadone i think it will be my lifesaver because i know that the rollercoaster im on now can end at any time or any day it is so sick that i let myself get like this again i cant believe i did it to myself wow what an idiot well all i can do is change the future not the past and do it for me my family and my 2 best friends that these pills took from me i never thought they were this bad and also i was told i will be on pain meds until i die i am only 30 and have very bad rhumeatoid arthritis spelling ?? And also some other issues so thats why im going to call my pain doc tomorrow to see how soon can get in thanks again i like reading all of everyones info and experiences so everyone feel free to keep posting thanks again
    Any time, my friend. First off DO NOT beat yourself up. As of today, this is out of your control. You must find a third party to intervene. We have two parties, you and the pills. The 3rd is, well...you know who...Let us know how the Dr. visit goes.

You are continuously in my deepest prayers for you and your soon to be large family.

With brotherly love,
    P.F.

PS: You know what to do and I have high confidence in you. NA meetings might not be a bad idea either. To succeed, your life will be one leap of faith after another, for a while.

If you succeed: Persistence. If you relapse: Persistence. If you fail in any way: Persistence. Never say die!!!

Go to: na.org
    Last edited by PeterRabbit2; 06-12-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    Peter

Default HELLO ALL peter melinda robert

hey guys sorry i havent posted in a long time i have been really busy lately and it has just been a horrible time to try to stop my pills wow sounds like the typical addict always has a reason not to stop but its the truth my fiance had a problem with the pregancy she lost one of the babies already and we are not sure how it will go with the second baby so she has been in very bad mood and had alot of physical problems and cramping bleeding bad take her to hospital and then she has been in very very bad mood also so it is makeing it very hard for me to try to find a way to stop with this disaster drug so anybody that has any input or would maybe just like to comment and if anyone has went through alot of unusual problems when they were trying to stop i would be happy to hear of how you went about handleing the sitouation so hope to hear from everybody as soon as you can thanks everybody by the way how you doing peter ?????

iwantmlback is offline New Member

i am 6 days clean now you have to believe you can do it you have plennty of motivation with your kids that was my motivation i have a 12 year old son and i knew i had to stop you might need your wifes help i am sure she will be understanding fight the good fight you will win

Default Ml thanks

Hey ml i appreciate the inspiration that you have given to me i am very proud of you for the amount of time you have been clean it is such a great accomplishment to achieve you are such a great person to be able to stop i hope that real soon it will be me too but i think im going to have to go with the methadone course because i have chronic pain and also very bad rhumatoid arthritis so i will be on some kind of meds till the day i die it just really sucks that i am only 30yrs old so as long as im off oxy it will be alot better when im on methadone that way i know i cant abuse it or i will die if i do go to sleep and never wake up i think thats what i need because me doing it on my own it just doesnt seem possible i want it but i also dont want to be in pain and not able to move everyday of my life so i guess each person has to have there own plan but once again great job getting clean i have helped some of my friends get clean its just cant do it myself but also they were not on them for pain they just took them to get high so my sitouation is much different but please post back sorry for spelling errors in advance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast