Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
I am back... and am getting Inducted... Robert 325, I would love your help.
    Ashleyy is offline Member

Default I am back... and am getting Inducted... Robert 325, I would love your help.

I am BACK everyone... like I said I would be. I hope everyone is doing well... all the members I use to talk to and all. Please say hello if you are out there.

I had surgery back in April. I was switched to 30 mg of Methadone and now I am getting inducted in the office next Thursday... about a week away.

I am scared because I remember what it was like last time. I am just making sure how long I have to wait before I take the Suboxone. I still have a lot let over from when I was previously on it trying to get off before all these surgeries took place for my endometriosis and esophagus problems (both are very painful). I did this to try to fix the problems so I could come back and be drug free. I know I can not just get off the Methadone by myself... without the aid of Suboxone. I know how helpful this forum was for me.

I am now in Grad School and have two children still. I am trying to make sure I do this right and not feel completely miserable.

Please give me any comments or tips. Last time my doctor wrote be a script for 10 Lortabs to make me feel "okay" throughout the phase of stopping the Methadone then starting the Suboxone.

God bless everyone... I need this help and any information I can to make this as least painful as possible between the switch, and want to do it right.

Thank you
    Ashley

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Ashleyy: You have to score a minimum of a 26 on the COWS worksheet, in other words you need to be in full blown w/d. I have no idea why someone would give you lortab to take between the meth and the subs. DO NOT take these. The sooner you reach a 26 the sooner you can induct. Just like meth, lortab is an opiate and I don't want to see you in precipitated withdrawal. I know switching is really a ****** , but you can do this. You will only feel bad for a bit until you get stable of the subs. Let us know what's what.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Sunny mom likes this.

The reason he wants to prescribe me Lortabs between this is because I have to wait over 4 days, that is a long time of pain, to be inducted to make sure the long acting Methadone is out of my system to avoid percip WD. That's the only reason. Shorter acting opiates do not stay in the system as long as Methadone. Methadone can stay as long or longer than 72 hours. Lortabs are about 4-6 hours.

Thanks for your reply.
    Ashley

Anonymous Guest

just watch out ashley. i tried to use morphine as a short acting opiate, in between stopping methadone. and starting sub. and i failed. and went into prec wd.

i beleive you would be better to take NOTHING between. iloerose is right.
    Sunny mom and Robert_325 like this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    just watch out ashley. i tried to use morphine as a short acting opiate, in between stopping methadone. and starting sub. and i failed. and went into prec wd.

i beleive you would be better to take NOTHING between. iloerose is right.

I couldn't possibly agree more with Cheeky and Rose for what that is worth. Doesn't matter if it takes 3, or 4 or even 5 days, you only have to do this once if you do it right and then you get to be clean for life if you behave yourself. You need to score a 26 on the COWS worksheet, that is the bottom line. How badly do you want this? God bless.
    Sunny mom and HarrySmooth like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I want this very badly. I am willing to stop all medication for 4-5 days before I start the suboxone. I just have the children to worry about and grad school right now. That is what scares me the most.

I came here because I know how low I got last time before my surgeries and how close I was. I just want to do it right this time. I don't know if Subutex is any different in terms of taking the first dose? And not feeling percip WD?
    Ashley

I actually have a nearly full bottle of 8 mg Suboxone. I know I should go to a doctor to do this... but this is what I have left over from the previous.

I don't know if it would be enough to get me off the Methadone, stabilize, and then taper.
    Ashley

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Ashleyy, Subutex/Suboxone same thing, pretty much. If you're afraid of being sick, you really, really don't want the prec. w/d symptoms. How many suboxone do you have exactly?

Iloerose

I would have to go count, nearly a full bottle of 8 mg's.

I didn't sleep the best last night. My last dose of Methadone was Friday evening. I feel a little ?????? overall.

I am just going to have to wait and hand in there, the worst is yet to come.
    Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy View Post
    I would have to go count, nearly a full bottle of 8 mg's.

I didn't sleep the best last night. My last dose of Methadone was Friday evening. I feel a little ?????? overall.

I am just going to have to wait and hand in there, the worst is yet to come.

If you have nearly a full bottle of subs and we do the induction right I can likely have you clean with what you have. Just wait out this induction until you're AT LEAST a 26 on the COWS worksheet. I'll induct you on such a small amount you won't even believe it.

Going to watch the Texans football game, will check on you again later. Trust me, you will make this a success if you work with me and do exactly what I tell you. God bless.
    HarrySmooth likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks Robert.

I am counting them in a minute. I just got home.

I will let you know how many I have by tonight... The induction isn't set until this Thursday. I could always go get one more full bottle just in case. But, I will still count this one I currently have and let you know.

Thanks for checking in on me.
    Ashley

I just counted... 89 8mg Suboxone is exactly what I have right now.

Is that enough?
    Ashley

You around Robert??
    Ashley

You around Robert??

That is way more than enough to do this. God bless!

Robert, do you know why my posts keep getting deleted?

I feel as though I am doing nothing wrong.

I am feeling pretty bad and I am scared about waiting until tomorrow to be induced. I know I can and will do it. I want your help.

Thanks.
    Ashley

Robert, I am feeling pretty bad. I actually took oxycodone yesterday because I felt like I was dying. I wanted to make sure since my last dose of Methadone this last Friday would be far enough away.

I had a total of 4 posts get deleted about my situation and I do not know why.

I am just being honest... and I am scared.
    Ashley

Robert, I am feeling pretty bad. I actually took oxycodone yesterday because I felt like I was dying. I wanted to make sure since my last dose of Methadone this last Friday would be far enough away.

I had a total of 4 posts get deleted about my situation and I do not know why.

I am just being honest... and I am scared.

I have not seen your posts that were deleted. I've been on the forum a minimal amount lately. Keep posting to me and stay on track. I wouldn't take anymore opiates leading up to this induction or you'll never reach a score of 26 on the COWS worksheet. God bless.

Robert, I have not taken anymore and will not until my induction. I am feeling pretty bad right now, I scored a 22 on the COWS at 5:40pm Central Time. I just wonder how much longer it will take for me to reach 26. I feel like I should be there...the things I scored the lowest on were the GI and Pupil size sections, otherwise I would have scored well over I believe.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Ashley

I scored a 25 on the COWS at 7:10pm Central Time. Just keeping you updated.
    Ashley

I got inducted at 5:00pm. We read your Induction and all. I was dying in bed.

So, I ended up finally being okay hours later at 4mg. I know this can change quickly.

I could NOT feel better. At all. My body is so worn out from tossing all yesterday and last night in bed. I just feel horrible right now still. I know it is a matter of time.

What do you recommend?
    Ashley

I don't know is I should take a .50mg later and see if I feel better.

I am just so tired of feeling bad now.

Thanks everyone.
    Ashley

Ashley .... sorry, I've been distracted lately with some personal issues. If you waited till you were a 26, then you should stay at that dose each of the next few days. Being stable 4mg is fine and I would begin today taking 2mg, twice each day at the same time and same amount each day. The induction is about a four day process the way I do it. Had a lot of success with starting with a person right when inducted. We'll have you feeling like a new person in no time. You should feel normal, or what seems to normal, should not feel high in any way. Keep me posted as we often have to make small adjustments during the induction. We want you to be on YOUR " lowest effective dose." God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-13-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Robert,

I am not feeling that great here at 12:00. At all. Kinda achy and chills and sweats.

Should I take a small amount more? This is coming off of 55 spiraling to 30 of methadone before starting.

Thank you.
    Ashley

I have just wanted to feel better and have grad school & children. I just can't feel bad anymore.
    Ashley

My heart rate has been racing all day... klonopin will not work. I am just not feeling too well at all. I took 1 more mg trying to help myself feel better and it is not working.

I don't know what to do. It is now 6:00pm.

Please help.

Ashley
    Ashley

I just don't get this.

I took my last 30 mg of methadone this last Friday.

I started to take Oxycodone (short acting) to wait the four and a half days to start the suboxone.

I have been feeling bad ever since Sunday and I just want this all to end.

I feel like I partially still in withdraw and it is scaring me. My heart is racing out of my chest, I keep getting sweat chills-hot flashes and all, no appetite, bowels crazy, etc.

I am just now okay. I do not feel like myself at all. I feel crazy in my head... can't think straight, read to do my homework, my eye sight is blurry.

But, I am not as restless as I was in full withdraw. My ears are soar from slopping around in med and them rubbing the pillow all night. I feel pretty bad.

Please help me. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Please.
    Ashley

I have been gone most of the day. You need to take half in the morn ing and half at night. Yesterday you stabilized at 4mg, but it was evening. Let's get your dose up to 3mg in AM NS 3mg PM. So you should take 2mg more now as you are nowhere near being stable now. Post back to me in an hour and let me know how you feel. God bless..

Since my last post I had yet to hear from anyone and tried taking another 2mgs. I don't think it seemed to have helped that much. In certain ways it did, but in other ways things got worse. I am going to do as you just posted and wait til tomorrow morning around 9am to take it again as that will be 48 hours from the last time I took any opiates besides the sub.

It will also be 18 hours from taking the last 2mg of sub which was right around 5pm this evening.

Which will in turn be a total of 7days (a full week off the methadone.) I am taking clonazepam 1.5mg to help with anxiety and sleep until tomorrow morning.

I will up my doses 1mg each time as you requested and see how that does me.

As for how I am feeling right now, I still have the doubled vision, goose bumping of skin, hot and cold flashes and the typical discomfort of moderate w/d. The restlessness and crawling out of the skin is better. As is the yawning and my bowels.

Any other recommendations for this evening would be appreciated. If I don't hear from you until the morning I will let you know how everything goes when I take the 3mg in the morning tomorrow.

Again, Thanks for all your help and support.
    Ashley

Sorry for the delayed response earlier. And thank you for replying so soon. It has just been a hard day. Looking foreword to hearing from you. Thanks again.
    Ashley

Sorry for the delayed response earlier. And thank you for replying so soon. It has just been a hard day. Looking foreword to hearing from you. Thanks again.

You should repeat your morning dose in the evening as well. You're just fine if you take the second dose. We will be reducing your dose on day four or five depending on how you're doing. God bless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast