How can you get a thread deleted
    KMH120 is offline Junior Member

Default How can you get a thread deleted

Hey everyone, due to some people finding about me being on this site I really need my thread deleted. Does anyone know how to do it or how to get a mod to do it?

klopper22 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by KMH120 View Post
    Hey everyone, due to some people finding about me being on this site I really need my thread deleted. Does anyone know how to do it or how to get a mod to do it?
    Go in and edit all your posts and delete all you wrote. its the only way I know.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

You can't go back and edit/delete posts yourself after one hour. After that you would have to contact the administrators. I don't have anything to do with that.

You've got to understand that if people start asking the admistrators to delete entire threads then everyone else's posts are deleted too. I'm not sure that is a reasonable request to ask that other people's posts get deleted because someone found out you are posting here.

You might do better asking for a screen name change for the reasons you listed. I don't know, just a thought. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Magdalena12 is offline Member

KMH-

I blew it, in a couple of posts I referred to my children and where they live and their names. I panicked a day or so later. I did ask the administrator of the site if they could delete two posts; I gave them the date of the posts, etc. They were very kind... I recieved an email from them that they did delete them, I think it was later that same day. I thanked them profusely. I don't know how often they do this, but maybe if your anonimity is threatened, or your families, they will try. I learned my lesson and am more careful now.

Hope this helps,

mags

Robert_325 is offline Retired

The people that run this web site are very nice and they are as cooperative as they can reasonably be. I talk with them several times each week. We have to understand though that when we ask to have an entire thread deleted we're asking to have other people's posts deleted too not just our own. There is a lot involved there and it's not all fair to everyone involved if entire threads are deleted.

Mags .... doing what you said is reasonable. I know the administrators and I know they are undertanding and would try to help any way that they could. We have to keep our requests as considerate of everyone else as possible and they will usually try to accomodate us. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

klopper22 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by magsj View Post
    KMH-

I blew it, in a couple of posts I referred to my children and where they live and their names. I panicked a day or so later. I did ask the administrator of the site if they could delete two posts; I gave them the date of the posts, etc. They were very kind... I recieved an email from them that they did delete them, I think it was later that same day. I thanked them profusely. I don't know how often they do this, but maybe if your anonimity is threatened, or your families, they will try. I learned my lesson and am more careful now.

Hope this helps,

mags
    I'm glad it worked out well for you. I'm also kind of surprised that personal information doesn't slip out more often when people post on forums.