horrible addiction
    rickethyo is offline New Member

Default horrible addiction

My name is ricky, and im about at the end of my rope with addiction.
    My friends and family have often described me as a trashcan for drugs. my close friend and i have a morphine habit by IV of 400 to 500 mg's once to twice a day. and will iv anything else we think might be "fun"

but i have nothing left, its either been pawned or sold. and my job only supports my habit, luckily im incrediably good at passing for "normal" when high.

im terrified to quit, after just 18 hours my legs start kicking, im sweating, kicking and cant sleep. after the first day im in the worst pain imaginable and so weak i can barely move. and having a 'using buddy" in the same situation dosent help, because he will whine to go get high so i give in and go use.

but i really want to quit. or at least significantly reduce my drug use. >> like to feel again, and get a normal nights sleep. but im terrified of the wd-s

so im asking, does anyone have any adcice, or help, that might make my hope a reality?

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickethyo View Post
    My name is ricky, and im about at the end of my rope with addiction.
    My friends and family have often described me as a trashcan for drugs. my close friend and i have a morphine habit by IV of 400 to 500 mg's once to twice a day. and will iv anything else we think might be "fun"

but i have nothing left, its either been pawned or sold. and my job only supports my habit, luckily im incrediably good at passing for "normal" when high.

im terrified to quit, after just 18 hours my legs start kicking, im sweating, kicking and cant sleep. after the first day im in the worst pain imaginable and so weak i can barely move. and having a 'using buddy" in the same situation dosent help, because he will whine to go get high so i give in and go use.

but i really want to quit. or at least significantly reduce my drug use. >> like to feel again, and get a normal nights sleep. but im terrified of the wd-s

so im asking, does anyone have any adcice, or help, that might make my hope a reality?
    Ricky ..... lots of addicts have made the decision to get clean right on this forum alone. Congratulations to you for making that decision.

First you have to make the decision to completely quit using, not to just cut down some. And second you need to tell your friend that you have decided to get yourself clean and not to come around you again and ask to get high.

As addicts we need to hit "rock bottom" sometimes before we make the decision to get clean. I abused for 35 years before I got myself clean and man what a difference it makes in the way you see and hear things on a daily basis. See for yourself.

You can just stop "cold turkey", or taper yourself down gradually. Either way it's not easy, but certainly doable. I'm providing the link to The Thomas Recipe for you to use after you make the decision. Lots of vitamins, minerals, and supplements to help with withdrawl effects. Just ignore the Benzo part. Don't want you getting addicted to that as well. The link is below.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

For sleep try some Sleepy Time Tea, or Melatonin (both natural) to help with that. So get started and just quit using. You never have to use again. If you need my help just let me know. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny