Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Home Remedies for >>>>>> Withdrawals
    MrandMrsHeroin is offline New Member

Question looking for some home remedies for withdrawl

we are a couple been together for 6 years now and have been married for the last year. me myself mr have been a >>>>>> addict for at least 20 years
    now i hav e been on and off of it since but every other time that i had to break i allso had to be incarcerated. Since i have been with my wife the last 6 years i was doing very good until our luck ran out n we ended up staying with a friend and i got caught up again my wife didnt know at the time but eventually found out she got started with it and know we both have been addicted to >>>>>> forr the last 3 years. this last year we broke 4 times at home but always on the last day we ******** up n go get a shot. now that we want to break again we are scared to do it and are lokking for advice. on some home remedies on how to make it a little easier we both know that it is going to be a very long battle but we really want to do this. so if there is any one that has any solid advice for us we would really appreciate it.

Question idea for >>>>>> withdrawl

Has anyone ever tried to sweat out >>>>>> like you would in a sauna. Would it be dangerous,and risky. my wife and i think that if we were to sweat it out that it would shorten this withsrawl process. and maybe even make it a little more tolerable. does anyone have any answers. need them asap. we know we would have to stay hydrated so that we dont pass out we got that covered but what we want to know is about the sweatin it out part.

Anonymous Guest

to mr and missus >>>>>>

good luck people,
    i know that herion withdrawls are shorter but more intense than, methadone or other long acting drugs, but just coz its shorter doesnt mean its easier.
    have you considered using suboxone.
    i have used for a long number of years, going to methadone to try and get off the >>>>>>, morphine, opium but you get just as hooked if not more on that.
    i am currently on subs, i started in late july, and have got down from 12mg, to 1mg over that time. they started me on 14 but i only had that dose the first day.
    dont know where you are, but for me, suboxone has let me get my life in order, and slowly taper down, with very minimal problems.
    i could never get past day two trying to come off the >>>>>>/opium/morphine.
    methadone i could go 3 at the most.

have a read round here, subs sound like the best bet for you guys,
    oh and there is a thomas recipe somewhere on the forum, and its got lots of tricks to doing cold turkey. a few benzos to help you thru, but not for too long or you will have another problem. but they help in the short term.
    good luck on the saunas, i dunno if they are gonna sweat out that H but i hope it goes good for you guys. me and my x used to use, we were together for 16 years, but he got clean before me, and moved on. (expletive, expletive)

good luck guys
    cheeky

oh and heres something i learned in rehab, it is sooooo true

100 drug addicts, and 100 alcoholics are put into two seperate rooms to go cold turkey. you get a heap of noise and moaning and complaining from the >>>>>> people, but they WILL all walk out alive.
    not all of the alcoholics will walk out, delerium tremens and alcohol detox are far more dangerous than people think.
    >>>>>> detox is really hard, but it will not kill you. fact.

Anonymous Guest

mister and missus herion

here is the thomas recipe, used by lots of people when they do cold turkey. good luck. i cant do the link, only copy and paste but here tis.

The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this reading the board, but decided to post it again for those who haven't found it and for all us "newbies". Peace and good luck to all of those here stuggling with addicition.

"PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"

Default thank you

thannk you for your advice we have the imodiom the bath tub sleeping pills
    and each other to keepo us on tract of what we are triing to do. thank all of you that helped and responded we are gld to know that we are not the only ones out there with this monkey on our backs. and thank you for the thomas recipe if wew could get every thing we will try it. by the way we are in albuquerque, new mexico and hurtin

WatchTheShells is offline New Member

Question

I feel for you, and am in a similar position. Though I'm relatively new to all this (I used for about 8 months; I'm 19), I know what you mean when you describe all these symptoms... I know the feeling of triumph after you realize you've managed to distract yourself enough to forget about the pain for all of 6 seconds. I'm withdrawing now, and I can tolerate the overbearing muscle pains, agonizing headaches, extreme awareness of my quickened heartrate, virtual inability to breathe, complete lack of energy, intensely polar temperature issues, incessant yawning and total inability to sleep, but the depression is absolutely unbearable.

I did the Suboxone route the first time and it worked miracles. I was functional, mostly pain-free, even a little high. But this time around it does no such thing. I've tried varying doses of it to no affect. Soaking in the bath really helps and I fully intend on trying the "Thomas Recipe", but does anyone have any suggestions for relief of the depression? I'm bipolar as well and have been on every type of medication on the market for it, but nothing really helps. Is there any sort of natural remedy that could help this particular situation? It is the main reason I started this in the first place, and the sole reason I relapse.

Thanks a lot,
    Hellfully Withdrawing in OR

realitybitten is offline New Member

Default What really helped me...

I never could do cold turkey past 48hrs, too rough.... but tapered >>>>>> use several times (from $40/day) with the aid of supplements, herbs... I really empathize with anyone in withdrawals.

I am one of those whose BP spikes and must be careful. I became seriously ill and could have died had I not been taken to the hospital. Learned I have bad valves. Just bec something is rare, doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. To those who have cardio-related issues, w/d's can be a real threat.

There are good suggestions though some people may not know what to do out of sheer frustration, and pain will surely create that.

Immodium (loperamide) is reported by many to have helped lessen general w/d's - not just diarrhea. It is not an opiate, but has an endorphin-like effect on the body. It's all over the net.

Home remedies... In my experience, the very best things I've used to stop the 'antsyness' and cravings for H w/d are :

GABA - I actually feel it kick in. A definite CALMING effect ab 30 min after taking, almost like I'd had a glass of wine (I dont drink). I feel anxiety and my OCD fade & feel like I'm in control (HUGE for one driven by chronic anxiety). Look this up for it has many good effects on the body, very good for addicts trying to resist impulses.
    SAM-e - used as dir daily. Gives me positive feelings, DEPRESSION releif, less stress, content mood.
    L-Tyro, L-Cysteine or NAC - Help 'heal addicts brains' so to speak. Seems to improve my overall state of well-being. Felt healthier, stronger (builds over weeks).
    HERBS - I go for single extracts, caps - or find combos that include:
    Valerian (what Valium is derived from)
    Passionflower (has very mild narcotic effect)
    Hops, Skullcap... and others you'll see used for relaxing, sleep aids/reducing anxiety, and thus (for me) cravings. They're non-addictive and daily use has no know harm. Best thing, they work.

It takes a little planning and effort but it's well worth it. I feel like a different person espec when I'm taking GABA & herbs. It's very important to exercise - walk the block, anything. Just simple moving around like stepping side to side in front of my tv really helps pass the time during w/d's. It will help your intestines move things along, your circulation, emit toxins, and encourage your body's endorphin production!!

To the girl who was so distressed, I so hope you found relief.

BTW: Bananas have fiber to help relieve constipation, but they should be very ripe (with some 'freckles") or they can CAUSE CONSTIPATION. They are a heavy starchy food when not very ripe. It also depends on the individual. For me, they make a more "solid result". Best thing I've found for constipation - (Stay away from pills!!! Bad rebound effects) Simple whole grain, hi-fiber/raisin/bran-type cereals work w/in a few hrs usu. Also stuff like popped corn, lentils, veggies, fresh fruits. Stay off the high sugar drinks and take in plenty of water/fluids with your fiber food of choice.

Love & luck to all suffering, from a former >>>>>> user of 18yrs.
    Last edited by realitybitten; 12-04-2009 at 07:54 AM.

WatchTheShells is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by realitybitten View Post
    I never could do cold turkey past 48hrs, too rough.... but tapered >>>>>> use several times (from $40/day) with the aid of supplements, herbs... I really empathize with anyone in withdrawals.

I am one of those whose BP spikes and must be careful. I became seriously ill and could have died had I not been taken to the hospital. Learned I have bad valves. Just bec something is rare, doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. To those who have cardio-related issues, w/d's can be a real threat.

There are good suggestions though some people may not know what to do out of sheer frustration, and pain will surely create that.

Immodium (loperamide) is reported by many to have helped lessen general w/d's - not just diarrhea. It is not an opiate, but has an endorphin-like effect on the body. It's all over the net.

Home remedies... In my experience, the very best things I've used to stop the 'antsyness' and cravings for H w/d are :

GABA - I actually feel it kick in. A definite CALMING effect ab 30 min after taking, almost like I'd had a glass of wine (I dont drink). I feel anxiety and my OCD fade & feel like I'm in control (HUGE for one driven by chronic anxiety). Look this up for it has many good effects on the body, very good for addicts trying to resist impulses.
    SAM-e - used as dir daily. Gives me positive feelings, DEPRESSION releif, less stress, content mood.
    L-Tyro, L-Cysteine or NAC - Help 'heal addicts brains' so to speak. Seems to improve my overall state of well-being. Felt healthier, stronger (builds over weeks).
    HERBS - I go for single extracts, caps - or find combos that include:
    Valerian (what Valium is derived from)
    Passionflower (has very mild narcotic effect)
    Hops, Skullcap... and others you'll see used for relaxing, sleep aids/reducing anxiety, and thus (for me) cravings. They're non-addictive and daily use has no know harm. Best thing, they work.

It takes a little planning and effort but it's well worth it. I feel like a different person espec when I'm taking GABA & herbs. It's very important to exercise - walk the block, anything. Just simple moving around like stepping side to side in front of my tv really helps pass the time during w/d's. It will help your intestines move things along, your circulation, emit toxins, and encourage your body's endorphin production!!

To the girl who was so distressed, I so hope you found relief.

BTW: Bananas have fiber to help relieve constipation, but they should be very ripe (with some 'freckles") or they can CAUSE CONSTIPATION. They are a heavy starchy food when not very ripe. It also depends on the individual. For me, they make a more "solid result". Best thing I've found for constipation - (Stay away from pills!!! Bad rebound effects) Simple whole grain, hi-fiber/raisin/bran-type cereals work w/in a few hrs usu. Also stuff like popped corn, lentils, veggies, fresh fruits. Stay off the high sugar drinks and take in plenty of water/fluids with your fiber food of choice.

Love & luck to all suffering, from a former >>>>>> user of 18yrs.
    Your post was super helpful; thanks. I'm going to try all the herbs and supplements you suggested. I'm treating it like a shopping list... I'm back to square one again... Cold turkey didn't treat me well and I jumped on the first phonecall I got. Lasted a whole 12 days, haha.

I've seen the tapering method work really well, but I'd need someone to act as my self control. Before I got into it, I helped a friend use this method. I kept hold of all his stuff and gave him a set amount that gradually lessened, and with longer gaps in time between doses.

18 years, wow. Congrats on staying clean! I can't even get off my 8 month phase at 19 years old.. = P

Akoolbreez is offline New Member

Default Opium withdrawal

When I hear, "You won't die from >>>>>> withdrawals", that is when I tune out. You know whoever is saying that is trained to say it and won't be helping you. Then imodium and xanax may offer some trivial help, better than nothing. Someone said, "Xanax is very addicting and will compound your problem". Right. OK. Sounds like a 20th century doctor.
    Unfortunately so many people out there are brainwashed sheep, it does not matter what profession they are in, they are bound to ____it up.
    And yeah, the thomas recipe. Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy. And then to add insult to injury, you tell a person who is dope sick to go to A.A. meetings.
    Liked Ericaaaa's advise, but not everyone has access to methadone.
    I will give you the straight answer. You can look it up online as many of you have access to computers. It is Ibogaine. I-B-O-G-A-I-N-E It is legal in Canada and legal in Mexico and legal in many countries. However it is illegal in U.S. Now after you research this "herbal root" or "route", think about the fact that it is illegal for addicted people to get better. Think of the profits that would be lost. And it is said to work for cigarettes, coffee, sugar, cocaine and speed or whatever your expensive prison is.

TechieLink is offline New Member

try sleep time tea. OR i read something about kava kava tea for anxiety. research it. they didn't have kava kava tea at our local walmart so you might have to find a place that does sell it.

mominky is offline New Member

Your post is very informative, but the options available for someone with no insurance or money are beyond limited. My grown son is trying to detox himself and is very sick at the moment. He knows whats involved as he's done it before, but with no medical help at all he is really struggling. He is also Bipolar and can't afford treatment for that also. It breaks my heart that I can't help him. Doe anyone know where to get help in Kentucky?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mominky View Post
    Your post is very informative, but the options available for someone with no insurance or money are beyond limited. My grown son is trying to detox himself and is very sick at the moment. He knows whats involved as he's done it before, but with no medical help at all he is really struggling. He is also Bipolar and can't afford treatment for that also. It breaks my heart that I can't help him. Doe anyone know where to get help in Kentucky?
    Hi Mominky
    I just wanted you to know how sorry I am to hear about your son, I have a 30 year old son also that is Bipolar and I know how hard it is when you can't help them...my son gets help from SSI he has been on it for years, It takes forever to get on it but you might want to look into it...
    Let us know how he doing
    Talk to you later, Melinda

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Bi Polar really compounds matters alot. I am also very sorry for your son's troubles. If he's an adult and can't work because of mental problems he is definitely eligible for medicaid. The other alternative is go to an emergency room. It might work. I believe they can't turn anyone away by law. My brother in law is bi polar by the way so I know what you and your son are going through.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Akoolbreez View Post
    When I hear, "You won't die from >>>>>> withdrawals", that is when I tune out. You know whoever is saying that is trained to say it and won't be helping you. Then imodium and xanax may offer some trivial help, better than nothing. Someone said, "Xanax is very addicting and will compound your problem". Right. OK. Sounds like a 20th century doctor.
    Unfortunately so many people out there are brainwashed sheep, it does not matter what profession they are in, they are bound to ____it up.
    And yeah, the thomas recipe. Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy. And then to add insult to injury, you tell a person who is dope sick to go to A.A. meetings.
    I will give you the straight answer. You can look it up online as many of you have access to computers. It is Ibogaine. I-B-O-G-A-I-N-E It is legal in Canada and legal in Mexico and legal in many countries. However it is illegal in U.S. Now after you research this "herbal root" or "route", think about the fact that it is illegal for addicted people to get better. Think of the profits that would be lost. And it is said to work for cigarettes, coffee, sugar, cocaine and speed or whatever your expensive prison is.
    i am not a brainwashed sheep, or trained to say that.
    i am an addict, same as mr and mrs >>>>>>.
    i am stating facts. you wont die from it. but like I ALSO SAID,
    I NEVER GOT PAST DAY TWO ALSO.

AND I NEVER SAID TO GO TO AA. I HATE AA. i havent even been to an NA meeting, so sort out who you give sh!t to mister. i was trying to give advise to someone suffering, and ive been there done that, big time,

so give some constructive advice instead of dissing me.

p.s and you give me strife for suggesting methadone and some people have no access to it.
    well even less people have access to your hallucinogenic mind f***g ibogaine.
    it would be good if it worked. but how come buggar all people are talking about it. maybe it aint so sh!t hot.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-04-2010 at 12:37 AM.
    Eileen67r likes this.

Sorry I missed that stupidity cheeky cuz I would have been right on if I hadn't. Like you know what you're talking about. No one said getting off is easy. But the facts are people do it every day and no one does die from it. And there ain't no sheep here saying that. I don't know if what youre selling works for shxt or not, but we live in USA, most of us anyway and have no access so why bother about something we can't get? Make sense? The poster you dissed has more addiction experience in her pinky than you have in your whole body. In fact, i think youre a salesman, not an addict. People kick cold turkey and they don't die. People use the Thomas recipe and they get SOME relief. Again no one said its easy. Almost everyone has access to methadone if that's what they choose and they have access to suboxone if thats what they choose. No what the hell you're talking about and don't come on here with your first post being rude to someone. There are no sheep here. Post sensibly, constructively and specifically, DO NOT DISS SOMEONE..... or don't post at all.
    NYG
    Eileen67r likes this.

Anonymous Guest

thanks pal. our telepathic mood is hard case ay.
    i hope you are feeling better. i have got a bit of my emotion out. im feelin a lot better this evening. but that guy sure picked the wrong day to hassle me.

I am feeling somewhat better today and wrote you a LONGGGGGG email explaining. I won't sit still and have someone call you a brainwashed sheep because I know it is so far from the truth it's not funny. I am a true believer in allowing EVERYONE to have their say on here, whether we agree or not, but when you get rude and diss people, that isn't acceptable at all. IBOGAINE or whatever it's called may be the best thing since sliced bread, but we don't have it so wtf? Who cares? And you do know 10 times more than he ever could. He hasn't posted against so I guess we can be thankful for that.

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

Hey NYG! He hasn't posted again because the truth hurts. He was way out of line! I looked up ibogaine. Why would you use a drug like ibogaine? It causes hallucinations and euphoria! Just what addicts need, another drug to get addicted to!!

arijesi is offline New Member

Default Longer term withdrawal symptoms

I have 12 days today off of >>>>>>, was doing it since the end of Jan 2010...just a few days ago the restless legs and arm has started. It is so hard to sleep, baths don't work, herbal sleeping remedies don't help and I'm sick of it. I don't want to go use just to stop a symptom that I will get again when I stop using. I don't ever want to feel this way again, and I don't have to. Besides the arm and legs thing, which is the most annoying, is the sadness and anxiety. Any suggestions?
    PS I do go to NA and did quarter of suboxines for the first 4 days.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-02-2010 at 12:13 AM.

arijesi is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akoolbreez View Post
    This sounds like a suffering addict, clean or not....at least to me....

Xanax, yes let's substitute one substance for another, lemme know how THAT works out. As a former pot head upgraded to junkie, either get help from a detox/rehab or your doctors. Otherwise, it's only time on our hands and what we choose to do with that time.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-02-2010 at 12:13 AM.

exkape from reality is offline New Member

Default hi and help

i am 23 yrs old and have been smoking oxy and >>>>>> for the past 3 months >> say sometime >> go a couple days with no withdraw really what so ever,,,,, i am finally fed up with living like this and hate knowing i have to withdraw again cause i done this before...=[ the anxiety is what effects me the most and not being able to sleep the restlessness,,,,,,,so using for almost 3 months >> say 2 at the most,,,,what r my withdraws gonna be like?!??? and how bad???? =[ i have no medcal and no insurance.....anyone out there have any pointers they can give me?????? thabks soooo much, bobby

minivin is offline Member

I have been ordering alot of my supplements from iherb.com,getting my list filled to start my detox .I have been on the fent.patches125mcg and percs for several years now.At iherb they have decent prices and lots of info on the vitamin or supplement you may want to order,along with alot of reviews,and you can also get five dollars towards your first order by using this code at the end of your order lov-195.They have alot of stuff that is on the Thomas recipe to help us all with withdraw,plus alot of other supplements,its loaded with alot of info,you have to really take time and look around there.I hope this can help some of you out,its helping me out,i have been ordering from there for years because i am also a vegeterian,and need vitamins and supplements for that also.I find the Jarrows brand to be the best.

FLguyy311 is offline New Member

Default What helps...

Exercise, eating right and pot.... The first few days your gonna be pooping and throwing up but after that its just the restlessness and muscles aches. The only thing to do when you feel like that is do something. Get up go for a walk or jog. Thats what your body is craving. Its craving those endorphins and exercise is a perfect way to feel good. Most ex addicts are exercise junkies cause you get a high from it. Start with a walk and if your up for it start jogging. You will forget all about the restlessness and aches. Eat fruit and foods high in vitamin B. Then top it off with a little pot and your good to go.

SomersetDope is offline New Member

Talking

i been usin dope for a couple years but i been on and off. now im on probation and i get pissed testd every month, so 3 weeks out the month i use and one week i detox for the drug test, its crazy i dunno y i do it, but i do it, i been doin it for the past 6 months and i kinda figured out some stuff to deal with the withdrawls. but u gotta understand everybody is different. wat i do is i take 1 suboxone i break it into half and 2 quarters, take the half on the 1st day, qrt 2nd, and qrt 3rd day, wat this does is makes the w.drs so much milder cuz by the 3rd day most of the dope is out of ur system, after them days if i need it some motrin for the body aches, or acetaminophen, and u deff need some ambien to go sleep and relax u. c i would prefer xanax or Kpins, but i gotta do the drug test and they show up, and u wont get addicted to them if u take them jus to help with withdrawls, take them for a month then stop. i also exercise everyday for about an hour at the gym to sweat shyt out of me and it makes me feel good, its like a natural high. i take a couple showers a day especially be4 i got to bed, really warm water helps. also post stuff on ur wall were u can see all the time y u r tryin to quit, that really helps u mentally, and the mental part is the most hard thing, well this is wat i do and it really works like i said i been doin it for the past 6 months, and i hope it will work for u
    Last edited by SomersetDope; 09-10-2010 at 01:36 PM.

SomersetDope is offline New Member

Default reply for bobby

Quote Originally Posted by exkape from reality View Post
    i am 23 yrs old and have been smoking oxy and >>>>>> for the past 3 months >> say sometime >> go a couple days with no withdraw really what so ever,,,,, i am finally fed up with living like this and hate knowing i have to withdraw again cause i done this before...=[ the anxiety is what effects me the most and not being able to sleep the restlessness,,,,,,,so using for almost 3 months >> say 2 at the most,,,,what r my withdraws gonna be like?!??? and how bad???? =[ i have no medcal and no insurance.....anyone out there have any pointers they can give me?????? thabks soooo much, bobby
    if ur only been doin it for 3 months ur not really gonna have that bad withdrawls, u better quit now be4 its too late, read my detox thing maybe ull find that helpful to quit, i was usin dope for 1 yr straight but i was sniffin it, one day i got lockd up and i had no choice but to go thru the withdrawls, and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be after a year of usin and they only gave me this low blood pressure pill for 1 week while in jail, good luck dude
    Last edited by SomersetDope; 09-10-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Default Help!

Hey everyone, Im 18 years old and have been addicted oxycontin and >>>>>> for 3 months straight. I need to get off now for college has started and im still shooting up. I dont know how im going to make it i already feel bad and its only been a day. I really need support (sorry if i sound needy) im just having an amazingly hard time with this and i could use some extra help from any listeners here.
    So i have L-tyrosine and imodium, and the potassium/magnesium vitamins with b6 added. Anything else i could get to hellp with this anxious feeling i can not sit still or do anything and my heart feels like its going to pop out of my body. Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated!!!! thanks everyone and to all who have already been through this struggle you are true heroes, great job.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-17-2010 at 04:49 PM.

methadonfriendly826 is offline Junior Member

Unfortunately theres not alot that will help with opiate detox except of course an opiate. And thats the last thing you want to do. The best thing to do is to keep well hydrated drink lots of water (vitamin water). Also make sure you eat atleast one meal a day, Starving yourself can result in a prolonged withdrawal. I would take tylenol or motrin 3x a day and at night take a shot of nyquil to help you sleep. Also if you have the benefit of getting xanax or valium i would say take one of those also 2x a day to help. I know it is also a drug but it is not an opiate and will not prolong symptoms it will only help. The good news is >>>>>> and oxycontin are technically short acting which means a quicker withdrawal period. Your looking at prolly maybe 7days of feeling bad, maybe a little longer. After that you should feel alot better. good luck
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-07-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Herb, if you've only been using for 90 days give or take, your psysical withdrawal should not tbe too severe at all. Like the above poster said, H and oxy are short acting drugs so it's less than a week and they're out of your system. Now, the really hard part is the mental, the cravings. You need to keep busy and find things to take the place of getting high. I know, easier said than done but have you considered going to NA? It would give you a positive replacement for getting high and you would meet people in similar circumstances. Exercise and hot baths/showers definitely help the physical part. Look up The Thomas Recipe here or google it. It will give you a list of ingredients which will help. You need support to get through the mental, though. Keep posting as that always helps.

kmp21 is offline New Member

Default Herbal HOME DETOX for painkillers/>>>>>>

Look into these herbs they are crucial milk thistle for liver cleanse, passion flower, valerian root yerba mate st johns wart oystershell bupleurum/dragon bone dandolian root or get this product!!! It works

Withdrawal-Ease is specifically formulated to help relieve the common symptoms of opiate withdrawal and opiate detox. The following content describes in detail why certain ingredients were included in the Withdrawal-Ease System and the corresponding symptoms that they help relieve. It is also a powerful detox that can help restore normal organ function and cleanse the body of toxins and free-radicals. We have even provided some excerpts to relevant clinical study abstracts listed with the NIH (National Institutes of Health) when we cite the efficacy of a certain ingredient. It’s our hope that you come away from this with a strong understanding of how Withdrawal-Ease does what it says it does.
    The Brain: The brain is where many of your withdrawal symptoms originate. Withdrawal-Ease targets specific brain functions in order to help “reboot” your brain’s natural chemical balance and function.

klepp1214 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by auntybiotic View Post
    Xanax is very addicting and will compound your problem.
    It wont compound your problem. Xanax is only addicting to those who wish to use it to get high which in my experience, you pass out first. OR people who are on it long term via a doctor for legitimate anxiety and in that case you either A) dont want to be off it so its irrelevent, B) dont need to be off it so its irrelevent, or C) do want to be off and since you are physically dependant due to longterm therapeutic use, your dr should, can, and will help you taper off it without getting super sick.

That said, this thread is about opiate withdrawal, not xanax withdrawal, so back on track. I found this thread due to the fact that I will be detoxing this weekend, hopefully for the final time. After much trial and error, the means that I found to work best are suboxone and some sort of benzo or cns depressant. Whether it be xanax, klonopin, valium, etc etc.

You know what suboxone does, and why it helps.. however some people (ie: ME) have a low tolerance for pain/discomfort and want to be as close to symptomless as possible. I have a pile of subs, a pile of xanax, and a pile of immodium waiting for me. The only thing on my list that is a "home" remedy I guess is the immodium. This helps because A) if you dont have any type of opiate to taper with then you will get diaharria and B) because it is an opiod or a opiate that doesnt cross the blood/brain barrier hence the reason it hardens up your good stuff just like opiates do, however it wont get you high (obviously). Some people say it eases w/d so I use it for atleast the prior.

Between using Sub&my opiate of choice on day 1 of the w/d (in order to allow the sub to build in my system since on day 1 it doesnt give me complete relief but stacked w/ the full agonist it does) and using xanax to allow sleep when/where I need it, as well as reduces anxiety/RLS and the immodium, I usually get by. Each day it gets much easier (atleast if you have sub) if not by the 4th or 5th day its all downhill. Ive found that being as active as you can manage, and the obvious hot hot hot hot hot shower/baths help a ton. I think hot water is the most therapeutic of them all tbh. There is also catapres (clonidine) which aids with the hot/cold flashes and they do give it out in some rehabs. It is a blood pressure med so if you find some, do your research. Unfortunately I havent been able to locate any on the street but it Does help, or the rehabs wouldnt give it out.

Thats the best I can offer ya, suboxone+xanax is the bare bones absolute must have for me on a detox. Sub takes care of the majority, xanax does the rest and if your too miserable, take an extra one and just sleep through it.

good luck, I know you need it. god knows so do i.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast