Have a spouse with painkiller/anxiety med addictio
    darkbeauty is offline New Member

Default Have a spouse with painkiller/anxiety med addictio

Need advice from women married to spouses that are addicted to painkillers and/or anxiety meds.........my husbands choice is vicodin and/or zanax (excessive amounts). How do you women cope with this? I live day by day not knowing if he is going to be high or normal.....we can't plan anything in our lives......The only reason I am still with him is because he was able to be clean for six months.....the past month however has been really bad. He takes
    an excessive amount of zanax which "turns" him into another person....a violent/angry one......

He has extremely bad back pain and migraines - thus the vicodin comes into play.......i am trying to stay positive because he has
    been good for six months......but as of the last month I am finding that I am not as strong as I used to be......feel all alone.......any advice????? Is there anyone out there who has been married for some time and is dealing with this? Please tell me how....also when do you say enough is enough??????

Desperately need some support and advice.....I have been going through this for the past two years now..........we are newly married...did not know he had this problem before we got married....maybe I did know but did not understand enough about it as I do now...........i guess i trusted him too much..............

feeling helpless and alone.................

AnArachnid is offline New Member

I was married to an alcoholic and coke user. Unfortunately when I gave him the ultimatium of a decent life or the highway he hit the highway. But I was able to move on easily. When they choose drugs over good living it's time to get them into re-hab or turn them loose. It's a no win situation that will make you suffer mentally and financially if not resolved. Here's hoping you have the strength to pull it off girlfriend!

D. J
    If you wish to live and thrive, leave the next spider you see alive...

sparky is offline Member

Dark Beauty.....I only hope I can offer you some encouragement....my situation is a little different in that I was the one addicted to pain pills....my husband did not know for all those years...he just thaought I was either moody, or just plain witchy....he thought perhaps I did not love him anymore...yet....he is a good man...true to his vow of marriage and put up with me...not knowing really what it was all about....happy to say that now I am clean of pain meds, and I also told him everything...I just sat down with all my fears and said this is what has been going on and this is what I am doing about it......now.....in your situation.........does your husband have ANY desire to kick his habits......if so...and he is struggling....because it is hard to kick meds....he may want to with all his heart...the the addiction is evil more cunning than you will ever know....he needs professional help....suboxone is a great segway drug to get off addictive pain meds....google suboxone...or read up on it on these boards.....but if he is a good man....talk to him squarely about the reality of what is happening to your marriage....hopefullly you don't have children yet...because then your getting into a whole new arena......I wish you strength....NA offers lots of support too....