Has anyone just lived regular life through Op w/d?
    super_mom is offline Junior Member

Default Has anyone just lived regular life through Op w/d?

I just cannot take time off as most of the experienced posters and articles suggest, either from my family or my work, but it looks like I will be starting a cold turkey w/d on Monday unless I want to deal with trying to get a referral to the pain management doc and starting a slower taper, which I worry is just going to be harder for me to maintain than simply quitting.

I am looking at and planning to use the Thomas recipe, but still it looks like most people I read are not working, taking days or weeks off to accomplish this. I need to find a way to stay somewhat normal...am I stupid to be doing cold turkey for this reason?

The doc that was prescribing my hydrocodone 10/325 did prescribe Clonidine because I told them that I really want to be off of them. He gave me a taper dosage of one tab twice a day for 7 days, then 1/2 tab twice day for 7 days, then stop. Uhhh, going from, say, 8-10 tabs a day to one twice a day in an attempt to taper doesn't seem to make good sense to me and, of course, I have gone through them faster than I should, but still nowhere near what I was taking and I feel okay, just need to take more like 3-4 a day or so at least for now and I know that if I was going to do that, I would have to establish with the pain med doc to taper, etc.

If it were do-able, I'd just as soon be done after these are gone and move on, but can I live my life somewhat normally while I do it?

Also want to add the other medications that I am on/have access to:

Ambien as needed for sleep
    Xanax as needed for anxiety
    Celexa 40 every day
    Wellbutrin 150 every day
    Verapamil -blood pressure med every day -when I started having the chronic pain in November 11, which is what led to me being rx'd hydros (long story), my blood pressure was dangerously, dangerously high.

Anyone have any input on this at all?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by super_mom View Post
    Anyone have any input on this at all?

You should do a much slower taper or you'll be feeling the w/d symptoms which will zero out the effects of a few of your other meds. If you taper that fast you'll get sick for sure.

If you had a different taper plan would your dr give you meds you required to taper in a proper manner? God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.