Great >>>>>>/Suboxone/Benzo Detox...
    sigma_x is offline New Member

Default Great >>>>>>/Suboxone/Benzo Detox...

In that order. I've tried to kick >>>>>> 9,178,462 times, roughly, and have spent years clean only to fall back into it again and again, and I've tried everything - from kicking cold on the floor of a jail cell to methadone maintenance to subutex/suboxone to just straight benzo's, and I've found that this one is the one with the least ill pain and sickness and offensive sh!t that keeps us all from going through with it.

You start by kicking the opiates - whether it's >>>>>> or oxy's or vicoden or whatever; it's all the same opiate based junk and the sickness is the same no matter what - using suboxone for about 4 or 5 days. I got good and loaded up on >>>>>>, high as sh!t, and waited about 14-18 hours, when I was starting to get good and sick - dry heaves, chills, watery eyes, runny nose (basically as soon as you have to take a sh!t - bad! - you know you're in full precipitated withdrawl) - before I took the suboxone. I took 3 of them in the morning, and another 1 before I went to sleep. Worked fine. Was not sick at all and had no trouble sleeping, no cravings for >>>>>>, nothing. Then the next day I took another 1 in the morning, and another 1/2 at night. Same deal. The next day I waited until I started to feel a little antsy and ill, and took another 1 suboxone, and another 1/2 at night. Day 3 I waited for as long as I could before I took a 1/2 a subuxone, and another 1/2 at night. Was fine. Not sick at all. Slept fine. Woke up early, but slept fine.

Day 4 I took another 1/2 a suboxone about the middle of the day; tried to wait as long as I could before I took it. And a 1/4 that night.

Here's where it gets tricky -

Prior to this, if you're working, you'll be fine. The suboxone should get you through the day without having any difficulties. But at this stage of the game, YOU HAVE TO STOP TAKING THE SUBOXONE OR YOU WILL NEED TO WITHDRAW FROM THEM, AS WELL. So, what you do is, you try and time it right so that you can sleep for the next 3-4 days. Instead of taking any suboxone, at this point you switch to Xanax/Valium/Klonipin, whatever. And you take a bunch. You just take them and take them and do everything you can to sleep through the next 3-4 days, till you get the suboxone out of your system. When you wake up, you should be alright. You'll have trouble sleeping regularly for the next month or so, but it never killed anyone. But if you go more than 3 days without sleeping through the night, you need to take enough benzo's to knock you out, or you WILL use opitates again. (I once went TWENTY SEVEN DAYS WITHOUT SLEEP once in the LA County Jail; it was murder. And as soon as I got out, I used.)

So, after 3/4/5 days of knocking yourself out with benzo's, you should be fine. You should know that withdrawing from suboxone is not as bad as withdrawing from >>>>>> or oxy's, but it's not much better. If you only take the suboxone long enough to get through the 1st few days of opiate withdraw, you will not have done enough to get you to the point where you're addicted and you have to go through the suboxone withdrawl.

I would also use the other suggestions on this site - like the clonidine, the ensure, betyl or immodium is good for the stomach, ben-gay for the legs, jacuzzi's, hot showers, whatever works for you.

But, the long and short of it is - you use the suboxone to get off the >>>>>> for a few days, and the benzo's to get off the suboxone, and all the other sh!t to get off the benzo's.

After that it's all in YOUR HEAD,... remember that.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Here's a potential problem with this plan. What if you have kids to take care of? What if you have a job or other responsibilities? Not everyone has the luxury or the time to take a ton of benzos and sleep for 3 or 4 days til the opiates are out of their system. I mean, get real, most people can't do that and would be much better off taking the subs for a longer time and tapering off them the way its done here, a la Robert's system.

Melissa B is offline Senior Member

I've tried that sigma x, it doesn't work!!!

Oxy Moron™ is offline New Member

Cool Works For Some; Impossible For Others...

Having personally faught addiction demons on MANY different occasions, I can honestly say that fighting opiate withdrawals with another almost equally addictive controlled substance isn't any good.

Granted there are over a thousand proven methods to ease withdrawals, many find through experience that there is a specific method that works for them. Every single person on the face of this Earth has a different reaction to dropping opiates cold-turkey. I personally do not use pharms to kick pharms - overcoming one obstacle while building another. Kind of one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenerios.

I know Robert has a kick->>>> method that has proven effective for masses of people. I also offered my method in a thread several years back. I'm even willing to bet that some still read the thread like a mini-manual of sorts. I haven't searched for it or anything but I'd like to think that it has been useful for atleast one person.

Fact of the matter is, popping benzo's to cancel out withdrawals isn't practical. Sleeping out W/D's for 3-4 days is probably impossible for 90% plus Americans...responsibilities trump sleep. Hell, even Suboxone isn't available to all whom need it. It wasn't an option for me when I needed it. I absolutely HAD to kick my awful habit and did it completely OTC (over-the-counter). It's not comfortable. It doesn't ease the majority of symptoms I suffered from but it did JUST ENOUGH.

If anyone would like to know my method of kicking the turkey (my personal take on "kicking the habit" and going "cold-turkey!"), let me know. I'm more than happy to assist!
    Oxy Moron™

“I admire addicts. In a world where everybody is waiting for some bline, random disaster, or some sudden disease, the addict has the comfort of knowing what will most likely wait for him down the road. He's taken some control over his ultimate fate, and his addiction keeps the cause of death from being a total surprise.”
    Chuck Palahniuk

I found that Chuch Palhaniuk quote so intriguing, I did a google search of the name, thinking I'd never heard of him. Turns out I read the book Choke and enjoyed it thoroughly and I saw the movie Fight Club which was good too. Reading about him led me to Amazon where I just ordered his book, Surviver. That particular quote is great. You are correct, there is a quitting method to fit every addict, if they want to quit. I just didn't find alot of merit in the sleep 4 days method. When I kicked opiates, I dont think there were enough benzos in the world to make me sleep comfortably for any days even if I had the time to do so. I guess whatever works, works.

Oxy Moron™ is offline New Member

Post =)

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    I found that Chuch Palhaniuk quote so intriguing, I did a google search of the name, thinking I'd never heard of him. Turns out I read the book Choke and enjoyed it thoroughly and I saw the movie Fight Club which was good too. Reading about him led me to Amazon where I just ordered his book, Surviver. That particular quote is great. You are correct, there is a quitting method to fit every addict, if they want to quit. I just didn't find alot of merit in the sleep 4 days method. When I kicked opiates, I dont think there were enough benzos in the world to make me sleep comfortably for any days even if I had the time to do so. I guess whatever works, works.
    Thank you NewYorkGal! My first time reading it (I don't remember where) also intrigued me as well and has stuck with me for many years. It's probably the only quote from someone famous that I actually remember Pathetic, I know!

Anyway, I would LOVE to read how you finally kicked pharms, if you wouldn't mind sharing. Actually, I'm going to create a new thread titled: "How Did YOU Kick Pharms?" If you don't mind sharing, please reply to that thread!!!

Peace N' Love
    Oxy Moron™

“I admire addicts. In a world where everybody is waiting for some bline, random disaster, or some sudden disease, the addict has the comfort of knowing what will most likely wait for him down the road. He's taken some control over his ultimate fate, and his addiction keeps the cause of death from being a total surprise.”
    Chuck Palahniuk

My story is very long (I'm 60 years old and still alive, a miracle in itself!). I've had a history that is probably longer than alot of people here have been alive. I've used every drug in the book at one time or another, but pharm's were not the main ones. I was a >>>>>> addict who switched to methadone then switched to subutex. I was on >>>>>> for 10 years give or take, on methadone mainteance for over 30, and I've been on sub for approx a year. There have been some clean stretches in between, too. While being on sub for this long might not be the norm, my feelings are that my age together with my health (not good) together with my lengthy history make it impossible for me to stop entirely. I am on a very low dose. (.25 mg.), about the lowest you can go, I don't "feel" anything (but secure due to lack of withdrawal symptoms) and I have not gotten "high" on any drug for quite some time. Some will say I'm still an active addict which is technically true. However, I know where I was and I know where I am, and I don't feel active at all.