Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
getting off suboxone
    AllGreatMenGo is offline New Member

Default I need help doing this thing.

I am trying to get off of subs desperately. i been on them for 6 months and i started out at 4mgs. I have been on 2 mgs for the a couple months and i just lowered my dose to 1mg a day 2 days ago. Im doing good so far but i think im going to need some help lowing to .5 and then none. Some people have said that a guy on here named robert has been really helpful. So if robert or anyone else can email me with advice or successful tapering methods it would mean so much. thanks in advance my email is bdebord110@email.itt-tech.edu.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

We can definitely help you but we do it on the forum here. Don't really send emails out to people to do tapers. Let me know how I can help you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

xantheus is offline Junior Member

Default Worried about suboxone withdrawl

[QUOTE=Robert_325;251278]duckbill, carly_jayne, and confusion .... I can help all you guys get off the subs. Read the following link and talk with me afterwards. My only requirement is a 100% commitment to following my instructions. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html[/QUOTE

Hey guys, I'm glad to see there is a message board that talks about this particular topic! However after reading some of the posts, I don't know whether to say I am fearing for my life, or I am relieved about trying to get off of suboxone.

Let me first start by saying that I have been taking Suboxone since DAY 1 when it was approved by the FDA. Prior, I was taking injectible buprenex (buprenorphine). It has been over 8 years now, and I have been taking burprenorphine in one form or another! I can't tell you how bad I want to get off of these things!

There was actually a point where I was down to 2 mgs / 2x/day, morning and dinnertime. For some reason or another, I feel the need to take it 2x during the day for the pick-me-up in the evening. I do forget to take the 2nd dose at times, however once I remember, my mind plagues me greatly and I start to yawn and tear up with anxiety!!

Currently, I go back and forth from taking 8-12mgs, 2x/day, totaling at most 24 mgs. I really want to get off of these things! I have pressure from my partner to get off of them because they miss the person that they fell in love with 8 plus years ago. Whatever happened to that person??

I am grateful for the fact that I have been living a productive life over the past 8 plus years on buprenorphine, whether it be injectible or sublingual. But it's time to get off of these things once and for all, and I cannot begin to tell you the anxiety I have from reading some of these posts. I HAD NO IDEA THAT IT IS WORSE THAN A NARCOTIC WITHDRAWL!! And it sounds so crazy when I read people saying that they want to go back on >>>>>> or Percocet for a short time until the suboxone leaves their body and then go through the narcotic withdrawl!! How insane does that sound?? But it frightens me to death!!! is it really this bad?? What about for someone like me who has depended on this drug since day one, over 8 years, in one form or another?? Is it going to be hard for me??

I remember what that feeling was like. Being without your best friend for each and every event in your life!! It was like my friend died!! What would I do??.............it got better.. eventually it got better... and I know it will get better from this too. With time, all things heal and this too will pass.....

but what can I expect?? where should I start?? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!! PLEASE HELP ME!

by the way, I'm very interested in Robert's plan of getting through withdrawl. I hope you can help me too! Thanks much!

xantheus .... I've worked with quite a few people who've done subs a long time. The standard taper plan I suggest usually is based on a 25% reduction every four days. You shouldn't have any trouble to speak of while you're at the high dose you're on now. As you get down to 4mg or less we may have to slow it up some to compensate for your years of dependence. But the good part about the way we do this is that it's all based on you ... how you are feeling physically and emotionally.

I'll help you if you would like. We need to determine a stable dose that you're on right now. Can't be jumping between 16-24mg. Need to figure a dose you can begin at while remaining stable and that gives us a starting place. Doesn't matter what it is as long as you stick to the same plan every day. Let me know. I'm ready when you are. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    xantheus .... I've worked with quite a few people who've done subs a long time. The standard taper plan I suggest usually is based on a 25% reduction every four days. You shouldn't have any trouble to speak of while you're at the high dose you're on now. As you get down to 4mg or less we may have to slow it up some to compensate for your years of dependence. But the good part about the way we do this is that it's all based on you ... how you are feeling physically and emotionally.

I'll help you if you would like. We need to determine a stable dose that you're on right now. Can't be jumping between 16-24mg. Need to figure a dose you can begin at while remaining stable and that gives us a starting place. Doesn't matter what it is as long as you stick to the same plan every day. Let me know. I'm ready when you are. God bless.
    Robert,

you don't know the sense of relief that came over my body when reading your reply! It's as if someone actually cares that I'm going through this instead of hearing the "it builds character speech" from loved ones. They have NO IDEA!! They also tend to try to discredit any and all achievements that I have made over the past 8 plus years due to the fact that I have been inhibited by this drug. They consider me still in "active addiction". I'm still taking a form of an opiate in their eyes!! oh well..

I'm dealing with 8mg pills of suboxone. I was reading in some other posts that there is a pharmacy that can break them down to 1 mg and lower doses?? is this true?? That would be great... I had a hard time trying to split a 2mg pill in to four pieces!! ughh!!

However, I'm going to try to stabalize at 6 mgs bid, which would be 3/4 of a pill twice a day. when I have four days stable, then I drop it by 25%? and another 4 days at 25% more??

Are there any other remedies, homeade juices or medicines that you could also recommend while I start to cut down to help easy any symptoms?

Again, thank you so much for your offering to help. I HOPE THIS WORKS!!!

Dean

Dean ..... I'm very confused here. I want to make sure we are on the same page. I understood you to say in your first post that you were jumping around between 16mg and 24mg per day. Is that not correct?

It's okay if that is your dose. If that is correct you ABSOLUTELY don't want to drop to 6mg per day abruptly. You'll go nuts with w/d doing that .... as in probably ending up in the emergency room at the hospital. We have to do this right with your history. I'm not afraid of your history and we will be successful but we've got to do this the right way to be safe for you. I will never tell you anything to do that will hurt you.

Do this for me. Tell me exactly what you've been taking each day. Understand that I am here to help you and not criticize. I won't judge you but you have to shoot straight so I can help you taper down the correct way. You surely can't change from 16mg or 24mg or even 12mg and suddenly change it to 6mg. We will have to take you down in a taper.

So post back to me and let me know what's happening. As long as you stick with what I ask you to do you won't have any significant problems. I'll be waiting to hear from you. You can relax buddy. I've done this a lot and I know how to help you.

Unless you're outside of the United States subs are available in 2mg and 8mg doses only. You don't need to bother having any special doses made. Trust me that is all you need for us to work with. When we taper down to very small doses I can explain then how to do it and you won't have any trouble. Just relax and tell me about that dose. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-23-2009 at 09:20 PM.

hey Robert,

I'm sorry to ramble on.... The addictive part of me jumps dosage around daily.... I have the 8mg pills... I take 1 to 1and 1/2 pill 2x/day.... and i jump around constantly..... The sick part about it is that if I have something coming up that i need the energy, i will take 1 and a 1/2 to 2 pills at once.... , but never more than 3 pills a day....
    Therefore, i am taking only 8mgs, 2x/day now... 1 pill twice a day... and feeling fine so far... no problems.... (i used to take over 90 percocets a day many years ago)....
    Even though i jump around every day, my base seems to be around 8mgs, twice a day.... and i know that if I stay at this for 4 days, i might only suffer the simplist discomfort....so I know that i'll be fine..... as a matter of fact, i'll let you know if the discomfort is too much.... but for now, i'll shoot for 8mgs, 2x/day...... so we'll see...
    I remember withdrawl all too well and I never thought that this would be sooo difficult! I was my doctor's first patient when suboxone first was on the market... and now he has a big practice, bigger office, bigger house and a nice car!! Although I keep telling myself that he is a caring doctor and he has my best interest at heart, I sometimes wonder and try to always be understanding..... I dont want to blame my doctor... b/c it was myself who got in to this mess to begin with!!! I dont want this to be about war stories, b/c I want to try to be positive!!
    My biggest fears are that i will feel differently about a lot of things in life such as my relationship and my employment. I hope that I have the same ambition and drive to keep both of them going strong!!!
    So anyway, I promised my partner that I wouldn't attempt to go through any withdrawl until late October... This is when our vacations will be done and I can start to taper...
    unless of course I can start to taper immediately after i establish my base at 16 mgs / day...
    What do you suggest?? Start immediately?? or wait until after my trips next month so I'm not miserable during my vacation... thanks Robert!

I suggest that you get yourself stable and 16mg is a good target. But if you feel rough over it go to 20mg and we'll work our way down from there. It's the process that's important not so much the dose after 8 years. I mean think logically about that.

Just do EXACTLY as I ask you to do and I PROMISE that I won't let you down. I know how to do this, just relax. But you have to be 100% honest with me or my suggestions are a total waste of time for us both.

Dose twice a day. So starting tomorrow take 8mg two times a day. With the long half life of buprenorphine and the long amount of time you've done this you shouldn't even feel a symptom before the third day at the earliest. So don't rush it. Getting started right is the most important thing.

Post to me during this next few days. I don't anticipate a single problem for you. But keep me posted so if we need to make an adjustment we can do so before it gets out of hand and we have extra issues to deal with.

I'll keep my eyes open for your posts. I'm on here a lot so it seldom takes me long to reply. Just stay in touch and don't worry. You're in my prayers. God bless.

hey Robert,

Well, i'm starting today with 8mg 2x/ daily... .I never realized how long i've been on these things that they have a veryyyy looonnnggg half life in my system and will take some time to let go...
    On the other hand, it frustrates me when i see posts on here and people talking about taking 1 and 2mg / day... I know they have 2 mg pills as well, but wow! I commend these people for being on that low of a dose!! That's fantastik! Did their doctors start them off that low?? I have a feeling that the doctors are starting the patients on the 2mg pills as opposed to the 8mg pills... oh well.. I guess it all depends on the person.
    The other thing I was wondering; is if there is a special type of pharmacy that will take my 8mg pills and break them down to .5 and 1 mg pills.... or do I just have to buy the 2mg pills and get a "pill splitter" and cut them down to .5mg doses??
    Anyhow, is it ok to start tapering immediately?? Or do you suggest to wait until I have a month or 6 weeks ahead of me where I have not too many things going on??
    Please lead the way and tell me what is next. I await your instruction! Your help and support is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by xantheus View Post
    hey Robert,

Well, i'm starting today with 8mg 2x/ daily... .I never realized how long i've been on these things that they have a veryyyy looonnnggg half life in my system and will take some time to let go...
    On the other hand, it frustrates me when i see posts on here and people talking about taking 1 and 2mg / day... I know they have 2 mg pills as well, but wow! I commend these people for being on that low of a dose!! That's fantastik! Did their doctors start them off that low?? I have a feeling that the doctors are starting the patients on the 2mg pills as opposed to the 8mg pills... oh well.. I guess it all depends on the person.
    The other thing I was wondering; is if there is a special type of pharmacy that will take my 8mg pills and break them down to .5 and 1 mg pills.... or do I just have to buy the 2mg pills and get a "pill splitter" and cut them down to .5mg doses??
    Anyhow, is it ok to start tapering immediately?? Or do you suggest to wait until I have a month or 6 weeks ahead of me where I have not too many things going on??
    Please lead the way and tell me what is next. I await your instruction! Your help and support is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Dean .... the 8mg pills are the least expensive way to do this. Don't worry about going to find someone who will make a smaller dose for you. You don't need that!!! I can explain how to do it when it gets to that point. For now just focus on where we are and doing the next thing right. Use the 8mg pills as they are SOOOOO much less expensive and they will work fine for us.

I suggest that you get a single-edged razor rather than a pill splitter. It will work lots better. When you get down to very small doses we have a totally different way to do this that makes it very simple. Don't be concerned over it. I promise it won't be a problem even if I tell you to take .375mg. I'll explain exactly how to do it and it's very simple.

Most of the people here had drs who started them at 16mg or more. Lots of sub drs hand out WAY too much subs to their patients. These people here came here like you and they've tapered down successfully. Some people follow my suggestions more than others do but I promise if you do what I ask of you there won't be any major problems for you. I'm going to have you down under 6mg faster than you can imagine even after all these years.

Do the two 8mg doses for a few days. I want to make sure that you remain stable at that dose prior to tapering. Today is Friday so if all is well through the weekend I'll have you begin the taper on Monday. Just let me know up until Sunday how you're doing so I'll know you're ready on Monday.

There is no reason to wait on this. If you do what I ask you to do you won't have any reason that you can't do anything you need to do. I don't care what it is you need to do. There is NOT going to be w/d, pain or any of that. The taper will go by virtually unnoticed regarding any significant symptoms.

Let me know later today or this evening how the day has gone. I have a Bible study group tonight so I'll be gone for a couple hours. But I'll be checking on you on and off over the course of the day.

Today starts your "new life" my friend. You're already a success story, all you have to do now is put in the time. God bless.

sounds great Robert! Much appreciated! so far, so good. My only concern was that I didn't want to be miserable on my trips that are scheduled the end of October. I have a partner who isn't too keen on standing by me hand and foot while I might experience any w/d symptoms... , i guess you can say it's kind of tough love... everyone is different in this area. I just dont want to be a miserable s.o.b. when waling through disneyland mid-October... All day walking through the parks and pretending to have a good time while cramping up isn't my idean of a fun day, if you know what I mean!! yikes!!
    So, if you are saying that I won't notice the changes if done correctly, then I'm game for anything... I remember my doctor saying that the brain doesnt miss the "missing dose" that I decrease while tapering... something about the brain replaces the missing dosage with other endougenous activites, whatever that meant..... .. however, I was down to 2mg/ 2x/day at one point!!! It was great..!!
    I'll keep you posted over the weekend on how i'm feeling!! Thanks for your help!

ok.., I think this will be day 6 at 16 mgs... didn't have any problems... so far, so good... are you sure i'm going to be ok tapering while on vacation? I dont want to be miserable to my family while in Disney...., but if you say it's going to be ok, then I trust you.
    I would consider myself stable now, right?? or do you want me to continue at this dose for a while longer?? let me know... what's next/? Thanks! I'm excited and nervous at the same time.... more nervous!!! ugghh!!

Dean .... six days without problems is plenty. If you have haven't dosed yet today you need to start the taper down by 25% of the dose. Drop to 12mg taken in two 6mg doses. If you already dosed start at 12mg tomorrow. You shouldn't feel a thing and shouldn't have any problems.

RELAX about being in w/d. I'm not going to tell you anything that will hurt you or make you sick. If you follow what I'm suggesting to you there won't be any significant problems. I know how to do this. God bless.

RubyDean is offline Member

xantheus, I just wanted to welcome you, and say that you are on the right track. You really wont notice any drastic difference in the taper at the higher doses. You are in good hands with Robert, and this forum is such a good place for support, and to keep your spirits up. I think you will do great at 12mg, just keep moving forward, and don't let the little thoughts distract you or cause you to think you need to take more. Eech day is a victory, and each day is a step closer to freedom. Be proud, be honest, and you will be happy. All the will.

hey guys! thanks for the support! I wish I read the message sooner... I took my first dose already this morning, but will cut down to 6mgs starting my second dose later today! I will keep you posted and let you know how I"m feeling... Hopefully by next week I'll be ready to go down again.... ... eazy does it, right? thanks again... and thank you for the new welcome!!

ok... 2day is day 3 of tapering .... down to 6mg, 2x/day.... the 2nd say seemed to be a little clammy/sweaty, but nothing to complain about....... not yet, right??
    I should be on day 6, but a razorblade just didn't cut it....lol!.. i have to be exact and precise, so i finally broke down and bought a pill splitter (which has a razor blade built in)... (with a steady hand built in too!).. haha..
    so when do I cut back down to 4mgs 2x/day?? Thanks for the support folks!

Regina I. is offline New Member

Default suboxone withdrawal

I have been off suboxone now for 3 months. I was on it for 1 1/2 years. like many others have said, i was clueless as to how severe the wd symptoms would be. My doctor never even mentioned weaning me off. I started Drug Court for charges I got when I was still using herion and because of that I was forced to get off the sub. It was like a smack in the face and suddenly I was scared to death. At one point I ran out of subs a few days before my appointment and I started feeling a little sick, so I knew the wd would be there. However, I wasnt expecting to go through what I did. It was hell. I went down a miligram every week. after 18 months i was still on 16mg. So I had to go down to nothing within 3 months as Drug Court ordered. So I did it like the Dr told me to and July 14th was my last dose. It took me 3 days to start feeling sick. The third night I didnt sleep at all....chills, vomiting, diarrea, you name it I went through it. I didnt sleep at all for 16 days. The anxiety was there for a little over a month, but it got better with time. The hardest thing, that I still struggle with, is the lack of energy. Im depressed and dont enjoy doing the things I used to.....but I believe subs acted as an antidepressant and therefore I need to get on medication to deal with this issue. It was very tough. The difference between wd from subs and opiates is that sub wd lasts longer and one day yopu feel like you are getting better, then the next day you are worse than you were the day before. It was very strange. You could drive yourself nuts reading into all this, I know I did. But when it comes down to it, you have to really WANT to get off of it. You will go through wd, its inevitable....but if you wean down the right way it doesnt have to be so severe. Drug Court didnt understand that I needed more time because I was at such a high dose, nor did they care. By the time you are ready to stop taking it you should be doing 1/8 of an 8mg pill every 3 days. then you try to go and extra day and then stop. You CANNOT go from 1mg to nothing. you have to expect the wean down to last atleast 4-6 months if you want to do it the right way. I never thought I would get through it and I have. I havent picked up a drug since, but some days are a struggle. Be prepared for the cravings to be there once the sub is gone. You dont realize how effective it is in helping the cravings. I just want you all to know that there is an end to this. As hard as it may be, it can be done. Doctors have no idea what this drug is all about. My doc told me that I would not go through wd at all. Easy for him to say since he never went through it. If anyone has a question or needs help just email me. ashlen2@comcast.net

Regina .... I agree most drs are clueless about subs. Just like you getting so sick on the third day off. That was from the long half life of buprenorphine. No one should stop abruptly even on 1mg. A process of skipping days after you get down to less than .5mg has proven to be the best method for finally getting off in my experience.

I have worked daily with people on subs for years pretty successfully. I wanted to ask you if you are on any type of exercise regimen. I don't mean running five miles a day, just some regular daily exercise where you push yourself a little. It will help with your natural endorphine production which will DEFINITELY help you with some of the depression and overall feeling of well-being.

I'm here daily if I can answer any questions you may have. I'm always open to others ideas too but I do have a lot of experience with this myself too that may help you. I try to get the people I work with off subs entirely within two months and we seldom see any significant problems when people follow the taper plan we suggest.

Let me know if I can help in any way. God bless.

xanadu927 is offline New Member

Unhappy Need Help with Suboxone

I have been on suboxone for over 2 1/2 years and lost job and insurance and am no longer able to go see the Doctor or get my perscription. I have wanted to be off of suboxone for a long time now but was scared too and now i do not have a choice. I have been reading all this information provided and now i am scared to death to be off them. I stopped taking them last thrusday and stupidly went back to taking pain pills again so i wouldnt withdraw. Can someone please help me? What do i do? I dont want to take the pain pills but i dont want to go through the withdraw symptoms. There is also no way i can go back to subxone because of financial reasons and lack of insurance. What can i do to get through this? Please anyone who can help email me at xanadu927@aol.com.

2manyNorcos is offline New Member

Default from norcos....to suboxone

I was heavily addicted to norcos starting at 6 a day as prescribed to taking 75-100 a day. I seeked help and got on suboxone which I started by taking 1 8mg tablet per day 7months ago and have tapered down to 1 2mg pill now I need to get off and am worried about the side effects and withdrawl symptoms if I do quit......I relocated to florida and my doctor back home in California has basically hung me out to dry and is providing zero help. I have about 30 2mg tablets left and no way to get more. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

RubyDean is offline Member

2many, you should be fine with the 30 pills as long as you start right now and stay on a very tight taper schedule. Do you dose once a day? Many take their doses once in the morning, and once in the late afternoon...split doses. I take mine only in the morning once a day. It doesn't matter which one you do, whatever works best for you and whatever you have been doing thus far. You really need to drop to 1.5 if you have gotten stable at 2mg...Take 1.5mg (or .75mg twice a DAY) FOR THE NEXT 4 DAYS, and once you feel stable drop again to 1mg per day...the basic rule is 25% recuction. It is important to be as accurate as possible at these lower doses. If you have 2mg pills it is easy to cut them in half with a razor blade. Or what i do is crush them up and split into 4 equal .50mg piles...as you get down lower you can make 8 (.25mg) piles. Just pour the powder under your tongue, and it works the exact same way.
    You really have enough to work with if you do this right, and you should have no problems getting thru this. We can help you if you stay connected. Robert works a great taper program, and runs a tight ship.
    Hang in there and start tapering down. All the will.
    Last edited by RubyDean; 10-21-2009 at 10:40 AM.

RubyDean is exactly correct. Reduce your dose by 25% of the existing daily dose and try to reduce every four days. I wouldn't do this any less than every four days, though a FEW people are able to do it every three days. That would be the minimum. Here is a link explaining how I personally suggest doing this taper. Hope it helps you. Let me know if I am able to help further. There is no room for error or wasting time here but you should be okay with what you have. And they do have sub drs in Florida too. I've worked with lots of patients using sub drs in FL. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 10-21-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Thirst4Lemons is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Withdrawal/Tapering Off Suboxone

Hello, I was snorting OxyContin daily for 3 years and have been on Suboxone for over 4 years now. Starting and staying at 4mg of Suboxone for 2 years I eventually decreased down to 2mg. I figured that instead of Tapering down more and having long/drawn out withdrawal I should get it over with and stop all together (which is what my doctor advised; I was told that Suboxone withdrawal shouldn't be that bad but it is unknown territory for lots of physicians apparently). I attempted stopping at 2mg and did good the first day but when I reached the 48 hour mark I felt like death, gave in and took 1mg (half of the 2mg pill). I finally stabilized on that after 3-4 weeks and have been doing that for about 3-4 months. One and a half weeks ago I decreased to 0.5mg of Suboxone and have had a pretty similiar response to when I went from 2mg to 1mg (e.g. anxiety, restless legs, sleeplessness, etc). But now that I'm down to 0.5mg I have had increased (and severe) anxiety, sleeplessness, diarrhea, nausea, etc. I have heard that people suggest Xanax and Clonidine but I don't have the option to take Xanax because it is also a narcotic and that is against everything I believe (not that I don't wanna take it... because that is the addict in me, but I know that will be counterproductive and dangerous to my recovery so that is NOT an option). I have been taking Hydroxyzine (Attarax) to help with some symptoms and sleep but it doens't really do much; or really anything besides make me tired. I just am afraid of not being able to function at work (a healthcare professional) and of how long the withdrawal will last. On this thread and on YouTube I have heard that it can be anywhere from a couple days of acute withdrawal to a month. Considering it took me almost a month to stabilize completely when I decreased my dose each time, I'm assuming that the acute withdrawal will be a couple weeks (considering the long half life) and the post acute withdrawal will last a month or more. I am committed to recovery and don't want to take any other narcotic (Xanax, etc) to help me get off Suboxone. Withdrawals are TERRIBLE and I need help! Any feedback/insight would be much appreciated! And it has been interesting and helpful reading other peoples posts. Thank you all.

It's very simple. You reduce your existing dose by 25% every four days. As the dose lessens the 25% becomes a smaller number as well. You do that down to .25mg. Then dose one day, skip a day. Dose a day, skip two days. Dose a day, skip three days. Dose a day, skip four days. Once you have the four days clean you're done. The symptoms will be of no significance like this. Doing it like this allows for the long half life of suboxone and explains why you get sick on the second or third day when you stop abruptly. I've done this a LONG time and this is what works. God bless.

ktnomorethannow is offline New Member

Question trying to wean

Hey everyone, i am new to this site but I've been reading many threads and it seemed like this forum would be helpful.
    I was addicted to OC's for about a year, smoking, snorting whatever.

I started suboxone on the 10th of October. I began with 8mg per day. Half in morning half at night. I have now tapered down to less than one quarter a day. I really want to get off of them, but its hard. I am so scared of the withdrawals but i hate that, i dont want to be controlled by anything anymore.
    Im really trying to wean off and be off by next week, but i need some help.
    Today i took less than half a quarter in the morning.(approx. a quarter split into 3 parts, or 2 parts)
    I usually take another half of a quarter or less at night time because it helps me sleep and i absolutely hate the insomnia and restless leg syndrome but tonight I AM NOT DOING IT!
    any advice?
    do you think i will still get withdrawals if i continue tapering...such as only taking crumbs?
    Please and thank you.

ktnomorethannow is offline New Member

I just read your post robert and i think thats a great idea, im going to try that;... soon, once i have tapered more.,..
    still anyone have advice, i know people have asked similar questions, but its always nice to get advice and its much appreciated

ChrisNev is offline Junior Member

I feel for you guys trying to get off sub. I was mislead by my sub doc too, thinking it was a miracle cure from my hydrocodone addiction. My sub doctor would give me endless refills and would have kept me on as long as i wished.

I was on it for a year. I was able to get down to one eigth a tablet a day. But the withdrawal was too intense for me. Once youre cutting tablets that are tiny crumbs, its very difficult to smoothly taper down further, and you hit a point where its too much or its like you took nothing. I just couldnt go down less than eigth of a tablet no matter how hard i tried.

I ended up going through a rapid detox program and have been clean ever since.

But if i had to do it over, i would have replaced the suboxone with hydrocodone and would have tapered off or go cold turkey off that instead, because thats a lot easier to kick than suboxone.

And of course follow it with the thomas recipe.

Good luck guys, getting off sub is possible!
    Last edited by ChrisNev; 11-06-2009 at 07:56 PM.

deezal is offline New Member

Cool

I just wanna say that i think it's freakin awesome that there is help out there thru this forum. I too am on suboxone and have been for roughly 9 months and my doc too started me on two 8mg pills. Thank God i decided to only take one 8mg pill as i am reading all of these horror stories. Even so, it looks like it's gonna be a long hard road to get off these things but i find peace in knowing that i can get help from people who have experienced this same scenerio. I will be wanting to start the tapering process and when i do i will for sure let you know as i will most def need your help in assisting me. Just wanted to thank you for being available to help

kidmonster is offline Junior Member

I have successfully quit suboxone after , geez, like 4 years or so. when I tried to do it my self, I gave my pills to a family member and said... DONT GIVE ME THESE, only to be begging, weeping promising my first born to give them back to me... Not until I took a step back, joined this forum, a 12 step support group, and sat in on NA meetings, going to meetings and taking advice from Robert reinstated in my mind that this was the time...

kidmonster ..... it's good to see you doing well. congratulations on staying clean and working a good recovery program. Proud of you. God bless.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast