Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
getting off suboxone
    Kayla05224 is offline New Member

You say norco addict. Are you referring to the pill/shot that is suppose to help with opiod urges? I have been on suboxone for a year and three months ,and every time I mention tapering down my doctor says it's like his heart medication, I'm going to be on it the rest of my life. I never wanted on the suboxone, but I had an issue with >>>>>> for several years and could never stay clean longer than a few months. Now for the last year I've been trying to get off them myself. Every time I try I can't go 12 hours w.o my skin crawling, or the hot/cold sweats, I haven't slept or eaten in days. I'm at my wits end. I'm half tempted to put myself in inpatient bc I don't know what else to do. I have gone from 12 mg down to 3 mg, i have heard it's the 2-4mg dose that causes a lot of issues. Can anyone give me advice on how to get off of them?would going to rehab be my best bet? I hear everyone's success stories and I just don't understand why I can't get off . I know it's a mind of matter sorta thing but it's also physical. If anyone has any input or I'm willing to listen. I just can't continue to listen to my doctor. He wants my money and wants nothing to do w me tapering down ever since the first day I went to him. If I continue to take them they're going to drive me crazy. I'm in desperate need of opinions and advice. You can also email me at wat7523@calu.edu

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla05224 View Post
    You say norco addict. Are you referring to the pill/shot that is suppose to help with opiod urges? I have been on suboxone for a year and three months ,and every time I mention tapering down my doctor says it's like his heart medication, I'm going to be on it the rest of my life. I never wanted on the suboxone, but I had an issue with >>>>>> for several years and could never stay clean longer than a few months. Now for the last year I've been trying to get off them myself. Every time I try I can't go 12 hours w.o my skin crawling, or the hot/cold sweats, I haven't slept or eaten in days. I'm at my wits end. I'm half tempted to put myself in inpatient bc I don't know what else to do. I have gone from 12 mg down to 3 mg, i have heard it's the 2-4mg dose that causes a lot of issues. Can anyone give me advice on how to get off of them?would going to rehab be my best bet? I hear everyone's success stories and I just don't understand why I can't get off . I know it's a mind of matter sorta thing but it's also physical. If anyone has any input or I'm willing to listen. I just can't continue to listen to my doctor. He wants my money and wants nothing to do w me tapering down ever since the first day I went to him. If I continue to take them they're going to drive me crazy. I'm in desperate need of opinions and advice. You can also email me at wat7523@calu.edu

Kayla .... I can get you off the subs. Tell me how you taper. How much do you reduce by and how often? Then read the following link. I've worked with people here for years by my link that follows. I'm going to hit the pool for a while, but I'll be back. Ask around, you'll find that this works. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

M17O is offline New Member

Hello, I just wanted to add, that they are completely correct! It may seem easy if you are not on suboxone for any length of time, but if you have been, like myself, it is the hardest thing ever!!!! I have been on suboxone for over 3 years now, and it is completely insane to try to get off of. I have been taking less than a 16th of a 8mg pill and i cant seem to get to 0mgs. I am more sick than I have ever been off of anything else (>>>>>>, morphine, any opiate i could get my hands on). I have tapered immensely and just cant take any less than i have been.As far as seeing a medical professional for tapering, you are out of your mind! Most doctors DO NOT UNDERSTAND how suboxone really works! The suboxone doctors that are around my area think that just because there is a 36 hour half-life, that you will not become sick until then. I get sick way before the end of the night,EVERY night. I try to sleep before I take another dose, which becomes very difficult to deal with but by the time i wake I have to dose again. I cant get further than 30 hours at most off DUST! If anyone is thinking suboxone is the answer, I would sincerely reconsider. I wish I had never stayed on as long as I have. It definitely is something you want to get on then quickly get off of. Good luck to everyone having the same problems as I have. It is VERY hard to get clean from this drug!

Edgewood23 is offline New Member

Hi Robert,

I am currently on 4mg suboxone film per day. I have gone days taking only 2mg without any withdrawal symptoms. I have been on suboxone for one year. I go to work everyday, and am highly active daily in several sports, and generally eat pretty well. I now want to stop taking this drug. I was slighlty addicted to painkillers before, and feel like I am probably more addicted to suboxone now. I am highly motivated to stop taking this drug, I have never attempted to stop, but feel like I'm very capable of doing so. I soon will not have medical insurance, and feel like if there is a good time to stop, now is it! I want out! I feel as though if one is willing enough, anything is possible. I would really appreciate your help, or anyone's for that matter. How exactly should I go about doing this? I currently have about 30 extra in my possession (that's another story, we all on this forum know how doctors LOVE prescribing this drug), and will continue to refill my script every two weeks. Need advice, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewood23 View Post
    Hi Robert,

I am currently on 4mg suboxone film per day. I have gone days taking only 2mg without any withdrawal symptoms. I have been on suboxone for one year. I go to work everyday, and am highly active daily in several sports, and generally eat pretty well. I now want to stop taking this drug. I was slighlty addicted to painkillers before, and feel like I am probably more addicted to suboxone now. I am highly motivated to stop taking this drug, I have never attempted to stop, but feel like I'm very capable of doing so. I soon will not have medical insurance, and feel like if there is a good time to stop, now is it! I want out! I feel as though if one is willing enough, anything is possible. I would really appreciate your help, or anyone's for that matter. How exactly should I go about doing this? I currently have about 30 extra in my possession (that's another story, we all on this forum know how doctors LOVE prescribing this drug), and will continue to refill my script every two weeks. Need advice, thank you!

I am posting the link of the sub therapy process I wrote years ago. Lots of people from around the world literally have gotten clean following this protocol. Even have several drs using it now as well.

Pay special attention to the INDUCTION where you will find another link to the COWS worksheet. That is the foolproof way to do this. One you read the link you'll understand most everything you need. We will suppport you moving forward. After getting your dose down like it explains in the taper section of the link you simply lower your dose every four days or so by 25% of your dose at time depending on your symptoms. God bless, :-)

Last edited by Robert_325; 09-07-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

lotus930 is offline Junior Member

Hi Robert. Do you think your Suboxone taper will be effective with long term use of sub. I have been on Suboxone for 3yrs. I decided to use it as a maintenance program almost 3 yrs ago. Although i have some regrets, I do believe Suboxone saved my life, but now its time. Do you have suggestions in regards to tapering someone who has been on subs for as long as i have? Thx for the help and all your advice. Its been agreat support for me as I move through this process.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus930 View Post
    Hi Robert. Do you think your Suboxone taper will be effective with long term use of sub. I have been on Suboxone for 3yrs. I decided to use it as a maintenance program almost 3 yrs ago. Although i have some regrets, I do believe Suboxone saved my life, but now its time. Do you have suggestions in regards to tapering someone who has been on subs for as long as i have? Thx for the help and all your advice. Its been agreat support for me as I move through this process.

If you reduce whatever dose you're on at the time 25% every four days or so you shouldn't have any problems to amount to anything. Have to dose at the same time and amount each day, just stick to that protocol and you should do just fine. God bless.
    lotus930 likes this.

Thank you so much for your quick response Take care and be well

Yes its difficult, but if you really want it, and your committed to getting through it then you can get through. I too, have been on for almost three years and ive spent the last 2yrs on 2-4 mg. I've been following robert taper, and i seem to be doing o.k. nothing too serious. That may have something to do with some extra subs that i took over 2weks ago, which could be miscalculating the dose I'm really on. These past weeks i jumped from 10mg - 2mg-4mg-2mg-4mg-then 2mg for four days( roberts taper), and dropped .25% i am on day 2 of this dose and usually by night time i feel a little blaah. Some yawns, and sweats, but nothing to hard to deal with. The worst maybe coming, and i am prepared. I have a few ambien, valium, to help me relax at night when its completely out of my system though. I dont nind ambien with subs, but valium not such a good idea. Then you dont know what you are coming off of. Anyway, im here if you need a chat. We can get off...stay positive!

Hi edgewood, would you mind keeping,me,updated in regards to your taper. Im on 3yrsbut pretty stable at 2-4. Just follwed roberts taper im down to 1.75mg. Not too bad so far. Please share your progress..thx

Thank you Robert, I haven't been back on in a while. But, I have read and printed your process. And I keep it in my dresser drawer like it's the bible. I am doing well, and currently at the 1mg stage day 4...again. I had to take a few slivers initially on the first go around, So I began the process again 4 days ago. And feel pretty good. Some moderate withdrawals, but tolerable. I know it will be more difficult when I get down to .5. One thing I wanted to mention was the difficulty gauging the doses. The strips are easy to cut and I do a process of measuring the strip with a ruler and cutting accordingly. but, if you are taking the tablets, they break and crumble and they can be difficult. just a thought worth mentioning.

I told my doctor I was cutting my dose down myself, and surprisingly he was all for it! He said we'll work together and monitor my situation. I only told him I was down to 4mg last time I went. I guess I feel like I have to tell him what he wants to hear, and not the full truth.

Anyone who is on the subs. GET OFF. They SUCK! Follow Robert's taper schedule, drink plenty of water and be strong! Just be patient with the process. Your body is kicking a habit and it will feel uncomfortable at times.

yes, sorry, Just posted. I kind of lost the thread and had to find it again. SO, yes good for you! If you feel stable at that dose, than keep it for four days and just drop it by 25%. I'm happy to have found somebody / a group dedicated to stop taking the drug. My doctor has no evacuation plan for his patients, and I realized that not too long ago. It disturbs me the way doctors are handling the way they prescribe the drug, but I suppose we are also enablers asking for it. Remember, that it is up to YOU and only YOU to create your own plan to stop. ANYTHING is possible if we are willing enough.

Would like to know your progress as well, keep us updated! Stay strong!

Recovgirl is offline New Member

This is my first post. I am 42 years old and have been addicted to >>>>>> since I was 19 years old. And when I couldn't score I would use WHATEVER I could get my hands on. The first, and only other time, I kicked I packed up my dog and my camping gear and camped out in the desert for two weeks. I would not recommend this type of detox for anyone. I thought I would die out there... but I didn't. And I stayed clean for 12 years. But you see, I never really dealt with my issues that were triggering my addictive behavior. So, needless to say, I was a ticking time-bomb. I began using again 2 years ago. I put myself into a medical detox facility... Not bc I wanted to sober up. My dealers were all dry or out of town and I was two days in to the nastiest f***cking withdrawal I had ever been in. I knew I needed to get my hands on some suboxone. Within 2 hours of checking in to detox I was calm as a kitten drinking her mother's milk. And I believe that if I hadn't gone the suboxone route with my recovery, for me anyway, the fog would have never cleared enough for me to realize how quickly I was destroying myself and my loved ones. While inside detox, I listened to all of the 12-steppers peddling their propaganda and something changed in me. I give that credit to suboxone. I have been on suboxone now for 10 months and have tapered down, slowly over the last six months. Today was my last dose, if you could call it a dose at all. I have been feeling uncomfortable for about two weeks but nothing I can't handle. And I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but suboxone literally takes my cravings for H away. And that is what I am worried about. Withdrawal, hell, I can handle that. I am a grown woman and I knew this day was going to come eventually. I mean, we all have to kick EVERYTHING at some point. It is what it is. I have been seeing a psychologist to deal with my issues that make me feel like I need to use and thru my physicians, and a twelve-step program, and meeting new (sober) people, I have been learning new ways to cope with my issues than just numbing them down. My greatest fear of getting off of the subs is the craving... will the cravings come back full force or what?

Anonymous Guest

they wont come back full force, but they will appear. i used for over half my life too. im in my 40s. i owe my life to subs, after iv everything, and then methadone...
    main thing is to realize if you do have a craving.... WAIT TEN MINUTES... do nothing. it will pass. they pass..

the most important thing from now is DO NOT USE... and they will ease up eventually. i had a lot of drug dreams, but not so much cravings..

keep up the meetings and the 'good people' in your life.

and good on ya

dmitrysm is offline New Member

I'd like to know whether anyone else is having some of the same experiences with the Subs as me: i can't seem to taper at anything like the rate suggested by Robert_325 and others. I don't have acute withdrawal, but then again I don't ever allow it to become acute and the withdrawal i have is bad enough-- no sleep, anxiety, depression, body pain, that horrible feeling like your whole body is electrified and will at some point explode. Allowing for the fact that psychological/environmental factors play some role in the withdrawal, it is still a terrible experience which has plagued me for way too long.

Far from being able to taper every 4 days by 25%, I was tapering by 7-10% every few weeks, down to a little over 1mg now (from 3mg about six months ago). I've been trying to get to 1mg, a nice round number and an easy amount to cut the 8mg film into precisely, for over a month, but am stuck and feel awful every time i try to get there. This last month has seen the return of depressions like i haven't had in years.

My question for Robert_325, as someone who's seen people doing this for some years now, is this-- am i having such a hard time with this because i've been on this drug for 8 or 9 years? do other people have as hard a time with this? also, you mention a generic buprenorphine, i am not aware of one in the US, am i missing something? i'd love not to have to pay $80 a month for this stuff. It seems like you are helping a lot of people do something that no one else will help with, i appreciate that a lot.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitrysm View Post
    I'd like to know whether anyone else is having some of the same experiences with the Subs as me: i can't seem to taper at anything like the rate suggested by Robert_325 and others. I don't have acute withdrawal, but then again I don't ever allow it to become acute and the withdrawal i have is bad enough-- no sleep, anxiety, depression, body pain, that horrible feeling like your whole body is electrified and will at some point explode. Allowing for the fact that psychological/environmental factors play some role in the withdrawal, it is still a terrible experience which has plagued me for way too long.

Far from being able to taper every 4 days by 25%, I was tapering by 7-10% every few weeks, down to a little over 1mg now (from 3mg about six months ago). I've been trying to get to 1mg, a nice round number and an easy amount to cut the 8mg film into precisely, for over a month, but am stuck and feel awful every time i try to get there. This last month has seen the return of depressions like i haven't had in years.

My question for Robert_325, as someone who's seen people doing this for some years now, is this-- am i having such a hard time with this because i've been on this drug for 8 or 9 years? do other people have as hard a time with this? also, you mention a generic buprenorphine, i am not aware of one in the US, am i missing something? i'd love not to have to pay $80 a month for this stuff. It seems like you are helping a lot of people do something that no one else will help with, i appreciate that a lot.

Thanks.

If you need to go longer than four days it's okay, that isn't set in stone for someone on subs for so long. Even after ten years you should be able to reduce every couple weeks at least. We all metabolize drugs at a different pace however and as long as you are making a steady and regular improvement on your reduction that is what counts. Ten years is a long time. I'm used to inducting people right here and having them stable on about 3mg give or take a little and have them clean in sixty days. For that person, 25% every four days works great. Don't give up, but don't put yourself through hell doing this. If you need more time between reductions then take it. The 25% reduction however is pretty standard for about anyone, but again if you can't handle it, I'm not there with you to monitor you so do what you can. Slow and steady can still reach the finish line and that is all that matters. You didn't get here in a day, so it may take you a little more slow of a taper, that is okay! Hope that helps. You know how you feel and you have to take what I use in my sub therapy process and do the best you can with it. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 10-09-2012 at 09:41 PM.

mvchick78 is offline New Member

Default Please help me! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I can help you. I just need you to go along with me and I'll walk you down and off the subs.

Start out tomorrow reducing that 2mg by 25% down to 1.5mg. Do a split dose ... .75mg twice daily. Stay there four days if you don't experience any w/d symptoms. Keep me posted as you go forward and we'll have you totally clean in less than 2 months without any significant problems.

I do this every day. Read around the forum. God bless.

Robert I know this post was from years ago, but I need help. I pray you are still on here to help me. I feel like I have nobody. I function as a normal parent, I work full time and I just want to feel normal again. Being on suboxone makes me feel once again dependant! It was great because for a year and half I haven't taken one vicodin and the suboxone makes me feel completely normal, no high or withdrawl. I need an effective way to do this, that actually works. I can't have anyone know but my husband that I am in withdrawl. My job, kids, family, friends no one can know. Is this possible really? Is there hope for me to taper off and still be able to function normally? I'll gladly give u my email if u need it, just please someone help. I need a friend that can help me get thru this. I am currently on 2 8mg stips a day. Should I taper to one a day? and if so how long?

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

i'm not sure that Robert is around much anymore. i haven't seen him post in quite some time now. i will give u the link to his sub therapy plan and maybe he will read ur request. if not there are others that can help u here also. read it thoroughly and get acquainted with the taper section.

u are on way too high of a sub dose. no one needs 16 mgs of sub a day. i abused opiates for about 18 yrs and was taking 500-600 mgs a day and many times more and only needed 3-4 mg of subs to get clean. u certainly don't want to drop ur dose in half right now....that would be too much and u would definitely feel the symptoms. the sub taper of Robert's recommends tapering by 25% of ur current dose every 4 days or so. u can make the plan work to ur own benefit if needed.

here's the sub therapy link....

i would reduce the dose ur on immediately by 25% which would make the new dose 12 mg. take 6 mgs in the am and again in the pm hrs. bet u don't even feel it at the dose ur on. that is still a massive amt of sub. the half life is so long (up to 72 hrs) and it lingers in ur system for days. the more u take the more it keeps building in ur system.

u say u are CURRENTLY on 2 - 8 mg strips per day...were u on an even higher amt before? and u have been on subs for 1 1/2 yrs right?

read the link i gave u and post back if u have questions. i used Robert's method myself (several times in fact) and it works if u stick with it and never go UP in dose and only keep reducing steady when u become stable on each of the reductions. u have to really want it bad enough for success to happen. but just know that u CAN do this. good luck and hope this helps.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

if u follow the taper plan and go slow no one should ever know what ur doing. u will be able to work and do anything u want to be doing just like u do now. yes that is really possible and i have done it several times and no one knew what i was doing.

if u go slow and steady the symptoms will be very minimal. the taper plan says reduce every 4 days or 'so' and if u need 5-10 days between reductions that's perfectly ok to be doing. whatever it takes as long as u keep REDUCING the dose and not going UP in dose at any time u'll be just fine.

it's also very important to know that ur getting off drugs (subs ARE an opiate too) and u may have some symptoms at times, but they will not be anything that u can't handle. there have been so many ppl here that have used this plan and almost everyone one of them have been successful. many don't stick around and report their success, they go on with their new, clean life and just for one reason or another don't want to continue to post here any longer.

saggle is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mvchick78 View Post
    Robert I know this post was from years ago, but I need help. I pray you are still on here to help me. I feel like I have nobody. I function as a normal parent, I work full time and I just want to feel normal again. Being on suboxone makes me feel once again dependant! It was great because for a year and half I haven't taken one vicodin and the suboxone makes me feel completely normal, no high or withdrawl. I need an effective way to do this, that actually works. I can't have anyone know but my husband that I am in withdrawl. My job, kids, family, friends no one can know. Is this possible really? Is there hope for me to taper off and still be able to function normally? I'll gladly give u my email if u need it, just please someone help. I need a friend that can help me get thru this. I am currently on 2 8mg stips a day. Should I taper to one a day? and if so how long?
    Hey just to give you a little encouragement, I am married, two young kids, two full time jobs and I was on subs for about 3 and a half years, and NOBODY knew....not a one person, only the fine people here on this forum...I've been off them for a couple of months now and I feel like I have a new lease on life. Anyway, like these guys said your dose is ridiculously high, you need to really take your time and get down to like .2 mg a day, might take you a while but even if it takes a year, just take it slow.

Also, when you get down to the really small doses, get a on a vigorous excersize program and cut out the sugar and alcohol, then jump off....that's what I did with virtually zero symptoms.

metflunky is offline New Member

third day off sub not terrible in the day but the nights suck cant sleep but its a d
    hell of alot less intense than pure opiate withdrawal

metflunky is offline New Member

i have a different take on getting off suboxone.. i had a script for 90 roxy /mo.coupledwith the pills i would
    have about 13 8 mill subs to last the month. because i kno the sub had a lot logger 1/2 life i thought it would be easier is stick withe thepills exclusively for as long as posibje[16-17days]. then i dide the rapid detox with suboxone that i heard of in certain detoxes. 8 miil 6 mill 24 hrs later then 4 mill then 2 then 2 again evry 24 hrs.. i actually evev scipted my last dose of 2... in 12 hrs i will be off the sub for72 hrs all and its not so terribble..its a hell of a lot easier tha kicking cold turkey but it does take a little longer process kicking with sub

mlo

Survivor13 is offline New Member

Default Coming off of Suboxone in a rapid painless manor

I am not a medical professional, but I have come off of Suboxone twice. Everybody's system is different and don't worry you're not going to die or go mad, or fall into a deep depression. The best way to detox is fairly swiftly, but by tapering daily. Depending on where you start, for example 8 MG per day, start by dropping to 6. The half life is long, so you can go from 8 mg to 6 mg without even feeling it. If you were doing 4 twice daily, go to 3 mg twice daily. Three days at 6 and then go to 5mg, three days at 5 then to 4. Three days at 4 then to 3, 3 days at 3 then go to 2. As you may or may not know 2 mm is a daily dose for many people. 2 mg in your system will still provide enough Suboxone to prevent withdraw symptoms of any consequence. Now we slow done and cut the taper down. After a week of 2 mg go to 1 +3/4 mg for 3 days, then to 1.5 for three days then to 1 mg for 3 days. Now we start to divide the 1 mg into a 3/4 mg dose for 2 days, then 1/2 mg for 2 days the 1/4 mg for a day then an 1/8 mg for a day, then off. At this rate you can come off in a couple of weeks, now you will have a few shaky days once the suboxone is completely out of your body, but there are some things you can do throughout the process and at the end to ease the pain. The entire time drink a lot of fluids. Cranberry juice is the best. It replenishes and flushes out your system. NO CAFFEINE at anytime through the process. No coffee no coke, no chocolate, NO CAFFEINE. 8 TO 10 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY. REMEMBER YOUR FLUSHING OUT YOUR SYSTEM. NOW IF YOU FEEL A BIT JITTERY AND YOU MAY DRINK BEDTIME TEA. THERE ARE A VARIETY OF TEAS TO CALM YOURSELF AND TO. VITAMINS. B6, B12 ALL THE B VITAMINS WILL HELP. VITAMIN C 1000 MG A DAY. GET THE BEST VITAMINS YOU CAN FIND. HERE TOO, THERE ARE VITAMINS THAT ARE GOOD FOR CALMING. YOU MAY TRY ST. JOHNS WORT. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT LIKE THE WAY THAT FEELS AS IT IS A MOOD ENHANCER. SO TAKE THIS ONCE AND I WOULD TRY A HALF OF A NORMAL DOSAGE. THE 3RD DAY AFTER YOUR LAST DOSE OF SUBOXONE WILL REVEAL THE WORST OF HOW IT FEELS AND TRUST ME THE WORST WILL BE LIKE A MINOR FLU AND A BIT NERVOUS. THEN AND THEREAFTER, EACH DAY WILL BE BETTER THAN THE PRIOR DAID PAINLESS AND STAY AWAY FROM THE CAFFEINE FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS.

I AM ABOUT TO DO THIS AGAIN AS I HAD A MAJOR SURGERY LAST YEAR AND HAVE BEEN ON SUBOXONE AFTER MONTHS OF PERCOCET USE. I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY BUT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING THIS DRUG OUT OF MY SYSTEM. I'M PSYCHED. IT'S A GOOD THING.

Seltaher11 is offline New Member

Default Getting off subs...

Robert,

I started taking roxy30 for the first year I took 15mg a day. The 2nd year the first few months 30mgs a day , then I began doin dope. Between my girlfriend and I we were using 10bags a day splitting each bag between the two of us. We have made the decision to get clean. We are on day 6 of using subs. We would like to take subs for as little time as possible. It scares me to death to take it for a while. We waited well over 24hrs of last use to take subs, because I am afraid of precip. Withdrawl. We started at 2mg each. I understand that less is better when it comes to subs? Is this true? I have read forum after forum for hours and trying to understand it all. Anyway after three days we tapered down to 1mg for three days . Only w/d symptoms have been mild agitation and stomach discomfort after first waking up( this is when we have been taking the subs) I don't no where to go from here should I taper down to .5 or am I going to fast? I don't want to take too much or too little and when and how do I go down to 0. Your advice would be amazing.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-04-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Tick84 is offline New Member

Need help or advice,
    Been addicted to drugs since i was 14, got bad with percs and OC's nothing that was ever prescribed just street bought. Wanted to get clean, so I started taking low doses of suboxone strips.... again nothing that was prescribed, street bought but always the same dose. The package says Suboxone sublingual film 8mg/2mg I cut that into 4 or 5 strips and take one a day in the morning. I want to be clean, and not have to chase down subs every 4-5 days.... I know I have been taking the same dose for around 6 months. I have read everything Robert 325 has out there so I know to taper but I cant go to the docter and just get more.... Should I be able to quite cold turkey? It's been 30 hours since I have taken a dose I dont feel like im dieing, but it's not very comfortable. I have read that day three is the worse, does it start getting better after that? Any suggestions or advice would be helpfull. I know what w/d feels like and can tolerate high levels of pain so I am willing to do it.... if it means I wont need subs again..... going to drink more water, thanks in advance

Thanks, Robert, for your reply to my original post and the help you provide to others. There is not many resources-- quality resources-- available to people in this position, i hope you know how valuable your help is!

i hope you succeeded, Tick84. i tried to jump off from a somewhat higher dose and was still sick as a dog 8 or 9 days after last dose, when i couldn't take it anymore and went to get more from the doctor. i remember it didn't even feel like the w/d were even getting better by that point, in answer to your "day 3" question. again- hope it was better for you!

1pill2many is offline New Member

Cool tapering after 4+ years at 8 mg

I was started out at 16mg a day but was so dopey at work and had such a lack of short term memory i had to go down to 8 mg. I thought these sub were the best thing ever when first getting on them the hassel of keep many many Norco's present was taxing. When first getting on sub my thinking was so much more stable and clear. I did not have to take them ever 2-4 hours I felt liberated.

To get to the point that i would need Sub well that started out 13 yrs previously I use to race motocross and a accident at Glen Helen started me on my pain pill addiction. My back goes out 2 to 3 times a year I have Nerve pain down the back of my legs. I started out slowly but before long my Norco's use was up to 10 to 20 a day if not more if i had them. It got to the point of having to take so many was such a hassle and a pain in the pocket book so i went to a sub specialist doctor and thus begins my journey with sub..

I've had 4 doctors over the years due to moving one passing on etc.. and only one pushed me to get off and would threaten me that >> have to go to expensive detox if i did not cut back from my 8mg a day habit. The truth is i did not want off and really was fine with having to take them the rest of my life. So i left him and went to a new doctor and thought to myself ill cut back myself on my own if i want to quit but never really did try until my doctor lost his license. The thought of having to find a new doctor pushed me to say enough so i immediately started the taper method.

I know from prior times of Going on a work trip out of town and forgetting my Prescription or running out early and having to skip a day or two so has not to be at the doctors to early in the month that the taper has to be small and gradual otherwise ill be on the street corner at 2am looking for coke or whatever it is they sell for any kind of relief. Yes It pure Hell if you Cut back to quick..Doing it slowly is key..

From 8mg to 4mg was not bad and really from 4 to 2 was hard but not near has bad has 2mg to 1mg or 1mg to .05mg for me.. but i went slow about a month Ive had mild symptoms every knight and can't sleep at night but can nap all day if needed.. funny how that works but all in all all symptoms were mild and manageable and if you were to stretch it out longer then the month ive put myself on then im sure it could me much easier..

Im taking 1/16th of a 8mg pill per day breaking it up into 1/32 taking part in the morning and the other part at bed time so i sleep.. I have 4 more days at this then I'm off work for 6 days so i plan on taking the plunge then. I'll have to get some Xanny bars i suppose and maybe look up a Doctor in case of emergency. However seeing the amount is so small i expect it to be much easier and my mind set it right to do it..

The thought of going to another doctor and having to do monthly visits and going to the pharmacy monthly is just dreadful and i look-forward to not having to do this. Its already been almost two months since ive been to them just by tapering my last months prescription to get to this point. 4 more days till im out of sub and ive tapered has much has i can. I do take the film and they are easy to cut down but any smaller then 1/32 is to hard and feels like nothing already so ready set go!!!!

Now with dooms/Freedom day approaching and after reading many post of anger at Suboxone and doctors I understand Them but I remember the day that i was saved from the hell of having to keep 100's and 100's of Norcos on hand just to keep myself from not having withdraws let alone getting a high. Thank you sub for allowing me to maintain and not lose my job, life etc I'm now ready to move on to a new journey to another chapter of my life..

I'll let you guys know how i make out next week after my six days off work and Suboxone Thanks for all the stories and advice that have and will help I just now found you and expect that i might need you in the days upcoming Thx....

1pill2many..
    Last edited by 1pill2many; 08-25-2013 at 11:20 PM.

skennepp is offline New Member

Default bear down and take it head on.

I was in the same position as you. like any other medication your body develops a tolerance for it and a dependency. Suboxone might be a little more difficult than other medications but you still have to cut the rope, bear down and just take it head on. Of course you're going to be sick for a few days maybe in a couple weeks it's just part of the game. It took me exactly 13 days and I was using opiates for 9 years. I was on suboxone, 24 milligrams per day. It took me 13 days exactly to feel normal after stopping suboxone. Good luck!

skennepp is offline New Member

Default .

I read your post. It is similar to a lot of other posts on this site. I have been in your position. I too thought I was going to die. The fact is you are not going to die. It Does not carry the same danger as benzodiazepines do. With opiate withdrawal you are not going to face the danger of dieing or cardiac arrest. You just have to grit your teeth, Clinch your fists and stop. There is nothing else you can do. There is no other medication to help you get off suboxone because that's the end of the road. I too was told this very same thing and did not want to hear it but it is a fact. You just have to realize that for 2 or 3 weeks you're going to feel like absolute >>>> but then the clouds will clear and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast