Day 9 off methadone
    D4Ta is offline Member

Default Day 9 off methadone

Ouch!. I have been giving updates for the past few days, and prier to today, have only been experienceing, the usual wd symtoms, ie diarea sweats rls etc.
    I am talking a "modded" version of the thomas recipe, (im not talking vals or any other Benz) for sleep.
    I pretty much am taking the rest of it tho.
    when I woke up today, I was SOAKED, I mean drenched, I thought Stacey dumped water on me.
    and I was freezing. I just now, have pushed myself off the couch to my office, to post.
    I dont even think I can swim tonight, I am dead beat.
    what the heck happend? I thought the half-life of Methadone was 24-36 hours.
    Day 3 and four I THOUGHT were my worst. man was I wrong.
    Now, Im getting a bit spooked here.
    I will keep ya posted R.
    D

D4Ta is offline Member

swim almost killed me taday :x, hmm, perhaps its just me, I guess Ill see what tommorow brings.
    D

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

The half life of methadone is actually 36-72 hours and the longer you're on, the more it stacks up and w/d can hang around awhile. That's why they say methadone is the hardest drug to get off of. The good thing is it does get better. Just hang in there, you're doing great. Exercise is important - gets the endorphins working again. Hot showers work wonders when you feel bad. Keep up the good work. 9 days is amazing.