Day 11 oxy quit Cold Turkey/ Thomas recipe
    Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member

Default Day 11 oxy quit Cold Turkey/ Thomas recipe

All right im on day 11 of quiting cold turkey oxycodone habbit that over 8 months i gradually increased to about 8 30mg pills aday, luckily i was able to stop myslef before it went on for a year i have no cravings at all. Anyways first week was hell but these last five days are great tons of energy been jogging super busy everything is great except, im only getting 3-4 hours max of sleep at nite and besides some mild anxiety in the mornings that will quickly pass once i get moving wich i belive is bc of the little sleep or still detoxing a lil]'?? i dont know. Any ideas on when i will be able to actually sleep normally? im almost going on 12days clean, this site was alot of help to!

Dopesick420 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wwbiker832 View Post
    All right im on day 11 of quiting cold turkey oxycodone habbit that over 8 months i gradually increased to about 8 30mg pills aday, luckily i was able to stop myslef before it went on for a year i have no cravings at all. Anyways first week was hell but these last five days are great tons of energy been jogging super busy everything is great except, im only getting 3-4 hours max of sleep at nite and besides some mild anxiety in the mornings that will quickly pass once i get moving wich i belive is bc of the little sleep or still detoxing a lil]'?? i dont know. Any ideas on when i will be able to actually sleep normally? im almost going on 12days clean, this site was alot of help to!
    Im on over 3 weeks on a cold turkey detox, still lucky to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time. Im on like day 5 of no sleep, still cant get any. Eventually, your body will succumb. I usually stay up 5-7 days until all mental and physical exhaustion sets in, and am forced to black out. Yeah, miserable. But neccesary.

Good luck

Catrina is offline Advanced Member

Hi.

Sleep is most often the last thing to return to anything near normal. I think the first month or so was the worst but I also found it was easily managed during the day for some odd reason. One would think that running on little or no sleep would not allow us to function. Not true in my case. Just as in your case, my >>>> was dragging but I forced myself outta bed every morning, made a good cup of coffee and showered. By that time, I was feeling remarkably better and for the most part it didn't bother me until it was time to face going back to bed. I wonder now if I prolonged the problem by creating anxiety before going to bed expecting trouble. Don't know. I do know however that once I accepted the fact that sleep would either come or not and I never knew for how long, I stopped stressing about it. If I slept for an hour or two and then was awake I just stopped fighting it and refused to let it frustrate me. I'd put a movie in. I'd read. I'd come here and post and drive everyone crazy (so they'd be like me).

I had a heavy very long term addiction. It also took me awhile to evaluate what "normal" sleep was for me. Not being exceptionally bright, it took me some time to realize that I never slept well. I'm clean over 18 months (almost 19!). I get 5 hrs of uninterrupted sleep on a good night. I feel great during the day. I'm still out of sorts in the morning until I've had my coffee and a shower. I'm thinking this is my "norm". I also remember that I used my magic pills for a good night's sleep...probably the only time in my life that I slept what was other people's normal...not mine. What a shock! LOL

Figure out what your "norm" is and bottom line, if you feel OK during the day, well? I've learned to love, love, love mornings. I actually enjoy being up by 4 am. Quiet. Best thinking and productive time. Sigh...ever the optimist.

Peace,

Cat

Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member

im taking some herbal OTC sleeping pills and they are helping me fall asleep when i actually get in bed 10 oclock, i will start tossing and turning 4 and then by 6-7am tops im up, even if i wanted to i cant sleep in, my body fells like it wants to but it just wont and it was really starting to get to me but this herbal stuff is helping or its just getting back to normal, im on day 15 or 16 now