Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KCWithHope
  • 1 Post By NoMoreOxy
Day 1 no opiates
    super_mom is offline Junior Member

Default Day 1 no opiates

I haven't had anything since an oxycodone around 4pm yesterday. I slept a lot yesterday evening and got a decent night of sleep even with the pounding, pouring rain.

I woke up with a raging headache...knew I had it even before i woke up. The sudden, recurrent headaches was one of the reasons I started taking hydro about 6 months ago. I took two Fioricet, which I have never "felt good" on, but they often help a headache like that mostly because of the caffeine I guess. I also took a 0.5 Xanax about an hour later. My plan was to go to work today. Ha. Ha.

My blood pressure has been very high and uncontrolled recently, up in the 100s on the bottom number and I had been prescribed Clonidine for that and to help with tapering from hydros. They upped me to two twice a day 0.1 instead of one, so I took two of those. A few hours later, the lower GI fun started, so I took several loperamide, another Xanax and was able to sleep for an hour and a half or so.

So here I am. My fingers tingle, I know that there's no way I am getting to work today although it's causing me great anxiety.

I have been struggling with serious depression and anxiety lately anyway, and even before I took my last dose yesterday, some things happened in the morning yesterday that caused me to sort of "snap" and I had to leave work early.

This is just terrible timing.

The other thing is that I have two abscessed areas in my mouth that aren't incredibly painful now, but they plan to re-do root canals there next week and I know that I'm going to hurt like hell and they plan to rx percocet. I tend to have very, very low tolerance especially to dental pain and I am scared I'm doing all of this and be totally screwed when I am on them for a few days (turns into longer) after that procedure.

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by super_mom View Post
    I haven't had anything since an oxycodone around 4pm yesterday. I slept a lot yesterday evening and got a decent night of sleep even with the pounding, pouring rain.

I woke up with a raging headache...knew I had it even before i woke up. The sudden, recurrent headaches was one of the reasons I started taking hydro about 6 months ago. I took two Fioricet, which I have never "felt good" on, but they often help a headache like that mostly because of the caffeine I guess. I also took a 0.5 Xanax about an hour later. My plan was to go to work today. Ha. Ha.

My blood pressure has been very high and uncontrolled recently, up in the 100s on the bottom number and I had been prescribed Clonidine for that and to help with tapering from hydros. They upped me to two twice a day 0.1 instead of one, so I took two of those. A few hours later, the lower GI fun started, so I took several loperamide, another Xanax and was able to sleep for an hour and a half or so.

So here I am. My fingers tingle, I know that there's no way I am getting to work today although it's causing me great anxiety.

I have been struggling with serious depression and anxiety lately anyway, and even before I took my last dose yesterday, some things happened in the morning yesterday that caused me to sort of "snap" and I had to leave work early.

This is just terrible timing.

The other thing is that I have two abscessed areas in my mouth that aren't incredibly painful now, but they plan to re-do root canals there next week and I know that I'm going to hurt like hell and they plan to rx percocet. I tend to have very, very low tolerance especially to dental pain and I am scared I'm doing all of this and be totally screwed when I am on them for a few days (turns into longer) after that procedure.
    Keep going Super. You are doing great. I'm jumping off today as well. I'll keep following your progress.

I've done this before and you should feel better in a few days. Stick with it!

detroit_boi is offline Member

keep on keeping on....Im day 23 clean, so know it is doable...U might want to get a gallon ov vodka and just get #### faced for first 3 night...thats what i did(took me a fifth and a gallon on top, but it worked) after it gets easier...Good luck to you

KCWithHope is offline Junior Member

Heh, the alcohol can help in a way. I mean you drink enough where you can't feel feelings LOL it will help. I stick to some wine and some mary jane to be honest - it helps with stomach, appetite, and overall mental state. That's totally personal preference though.

Some people have problems with abusing muscle relaxers but I found a few Soma and they certainly did help with back/muscle pain for sleeping.

Things will get better sooner than you think, but it does feel like forever that first week...I jumped off Sub a week ago and it's wearing on me but I'm hanging in there.

You got this! Stay strong and this too shall pass...

How's it going super_mom?

super_mom is offline Junior Member

Actually it's going pretty well. My BP was up, so my doctor increased my clonidine to two twice a day (0.02 twice a day) and I'm struggling with headaches and pain and sadly, I can't take much NSAID because I had surgery on my stomach so I don't absorb well AND I have to worry about what happens if I mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by super_mom View Post
    Actually it's going pretty well. My BP was up, so my doctor increased my clonidine to two twice a day (0.02 twice a day) and I'm struggling with headaches and pain and sadly, I can't take much NSAID because I had surgery on my stomach so I don't absorb well AND I have to worry about what happens if I mess it up.
    Good work super_mom. I've got 24 hours under my belt and am hanging in there as well. Tomorrow is a new day. I think the day after I will start to feel better.

I'm glad you are hanging tough...

BrianO is offline New Member

Default Gonna jump in

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-30-2012 at 05:35 PM.

KCWithHope is offline Junior Member

You guys can do this. Isn't it crazy how you notice colors and smells and emotions?

I think it can be normal to feel anxiety or depression in this time, but I frankly have felt so upbeat and happy after Day 9-10 because it's such an accomplishment to get this behind us and we'll NEVER have to do it again.

I thought I could never make it without comfort meds, and I had made an appointment but the doc didn't show. I got to Day 7 and by then I felt well enough that I cancelled the next available appointment because I didn't feel it was worth paying $120 + Scripts for medicine. I felt that solid, and it's only become better. It went much better than I ever could have hoped. I guess I set myself up for the worst, hoped for the best, and expected something in between. No matter how rugged it gets, you will make it and in time you'll be able to sleep well again and every day that progresses brings you closer to freedom.

DON'T GIVE UP!!! You can do it!!
    thalia45 likes this.

wanttobemeagian is offline New Member

Default Day 2-1/2 With No Vikes in My System

[deleted - duplicate post]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-05-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Update- I've got 15 days sober. WDs are gone. Feeling good. Not sure what happened to super_mom. Hope she continues in her recovery!

Anyone reading this should know, there is life on the other side. Stay strong and life comes back.

NMO
    thalia45 likes this.

differentme is offline New Member

When you dont have them all you do is think about getting them. its very hard to get up in the morning and get going about your day when you dont have them. it would be nice if you could just wake up, shower, and feel like you used to before taking them, but you cant, not at first, it will get easier after a few months but until then its a living hell.