Could you?Would You? Have You? What happened.
    JustChillen is offline Junior Member

Default Could you?Would You? Have You? What happened.

This is my question/opinion and I want to hear personal experience from all opiate 'addicts' with legit pain..

You've been on opiates for your legit pain for a numerous amount of time. a few years str8 for the most of us.. u dont wanna live on these pills your whole life..for fear of using your last pill too early cuz the pain just does not stop. also fearing withdrawals..

Now..do you think it is possible as a person with legit pain who has quit opiates in the past to take another pill again in your future? Or do you think you wouldnt be strong enough to stick to your regular dosages and letting your brain look for the excuses that the pain is worse then ever and you need 3 instead of 2. and so on..

me personally, i just stopped a week ago after about a year n some change str8 use..even tho ive had 12 surgeries,ive been on them mostly on n off my whole life n never took them recreational or never knew they had recreational purposes.. so who would think "oh this says might make you drowsy, lets take more!" wwould actually make you feel so good.

so this last year n some months is when the recreational/addictional part came. i stopped about 8 days ago. i feel all well normal except for the sleep part still working on and lack of energy. but i havent thought about pills particuarlly at all. just sometimes wonderin too myself..am i back to full restoration or is there something still missing?i do feel as though i lost my memories of lots of things n my childhood n stuff like that..but was that the pills?i dont know. maybe i have to inquire some more. but for myself..i feel real good. and ive never had no addictions. never experimernted with no drugs but marajuana. and i hate alcohol. weed is not addicting for me. i go months smoking it. and go months not smoking it. this prescription drug opiate oxycodone is the only drug i started off as legitally started takin them recreationally and honestly i feel like i am afraid of drugs. only reason i let this get out of hand is cuz i was used to the drug from the hospital and so much pain throughout my life and then i started tellin myself "oh well ive had this, its safe!" not knowing that everything..even prescription drugs have negatives and downfalls and lows n highs so on n so on.. but anyway...

Would you ? Could You? Have you? What happened?

Me? I say, yes I could. but ask yourself how often and what is moderation ?
    Do i take it on certain full days in bunks and skip full days. How do i take them ,to keep the pain away but not take them at certain points when not in worst pain scale to avoid withdrawls?

these are questions i think we all need to ask ourself. and this post is the most ive thought about pills since ive been off them. and it actually feels good to talk about them and not even crave them want them or need them recreationallly . but i am in pain. and i will need something to take the pain away. tylenol is the only thing i am allowed to take because of my stomach and obviously that is not strong enough. but i say yes, i probablly will and need too. but i want to get this stuff out of my system first, dropping my tolerance would help alleeivate the pain an let the drug actually work for what its meant for, because if we take 10 at a time, then we will need 10 to stop the pain instead of 2 like your bottle says. so with that said.. ill let you guys talk from here and ill be waiting for questions, answers, retorts and experiences with stopping and starting..

Robert_325 is offline Retired

That's the most coherent and logical post you've made so far. LOL Congratulations!

When we use opiates for a long time our brain starts convincing us that our pain is even worse than it really is. I'm not saying you're not in pain, I'm saying your brain is telling you it's worse than it is because it wants you take some pills. Your brain misses those pills.

You could have real pain that you will need medication for in the future. It's impossible to say right now. But the only way to really know the truth is to tough it out for at least six months. That will give your brain receptors time to heal, give your brain time to start creating natural endorphines that will improve how you feel, in short a few days clean is NOT long enough for you to be making a decision about using again. You'll be throwing away what you just accomplished and you'll be worse off than you were before. That is a fact I promise.

Give it six months clean. I GUARANTEE you won't hurt as badly as you do now if you hold off. It most always works out that way. But at any rate then you will have given your body enough time to heal so that you can make the proper decision. Don't use no matter what! Give it six months even though I realize it will mean you have to deal with some pain during that time. That's my best advice. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Haaa! lol.

& Yes, it feels good BUT it doesn't feel good to be on AND off the pills.

6 months huh? Is that what you accomplished?
    Its like I know you, just from asking many questions your way about MYSELF but never actually asked you in similiarity What was your original pain and are you cured today?if you ever had any or was it recreational from the beginning..are you a young adult or a grown man..and what state do u live in..lol..had to throw 1 offbeat one in there..ttyl.

I live with a certain amount of pain every day but it beats being addicted to pills. I won't do them. I'm about to have a knee operation and I'll need them I'm sure for a couple weeks but then I'll stop.

I've been clean since June of 2002. That's over seven years now. I was one of the worst addicts you can possibly imagine. Don't even want to talk again about all the drugs I did. But if I can stop anyone can.

I used for 35 years, I'm in my 50s dude! I'm just outside of Seattle, WA. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I recall in one post seeing you talk about you being on this n that n such but that's it..

thats great what uve done.the change youve made for yourself. and the change you made/are making for others on this board.

hey. my moms 54. its still young!!

seattle huh? when it rains it pours!

Geesh man. 7 thousand ,sumthin posts. When did all that happen? Were you on here for many years at one point getting support from a fellow person like yourself or did you have to kinda do it yourself. See me, i know how i really am but sometimes the way u type it doesnt come out right or the things you say, or sometimes i dont take my time to type and skip words. so its been what, at least 8 days clean for me..and now its just about getting my energy back and sleeping good and actually ******** that, getting my brain back to normal. i wont know how or if i really changed an enormous amount from these pills unless i give my brain time to heal. and liver etc. but ill have to stock up on muscle creams and gels etc. see if thatll help. thank god for my youth. if it wasnt for that, >> think >> be stuck on my ass. i went grocery shopping today and it felt so good just to walk up n all around the store..and i hate going to grocery stores...beleieve it or not i was so excited to go haaa..but it was nice. felt real good.
    Whats up with you? Save any new lives today? lol

Anonymous Guest

Hi Just chillen
    you soud great, I dont know what your doing , but keep on doing it...
    Talk to you later, Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by JustChillen View Post
    Geesh man. 7 thousand ,sumthin posts. When did all that happen? Were you on here for many years at one point getting support from a fellow person like yourself or did you have to kinda do it yourself. See me, i know how i really am but sometimes the way u type it doesnt come out right or the things you say, or sometimes i dont take my time to type and skip words. so its been what, at least 8 days clean for me..and now its just about getting my energy back and sleeping good and actually ******** that, getting my brain back to normal. i wont know how or if i really changed an enormous amount from these pills unless i give my brain time to heal. and liver etc. but ill have to stock up on muscle creams and gels etc. see if thatll help. thank god for my youth. if it wasnt for that, >> think >> be stuck on my ass. i went grocery shopping today and it felt so good just to walk up n all around the store..and i hate going to grocery stores...beleieve it or not i was so excited to go haaa..but it was nice. felt real good.
    Whats up with you? Save any new lives today? lol

I never really had much help on the subs or opiate w/d. I mostly did it myself and the sub taper plan posted here on the Featured Drugs forum at the top is what I designed as it worked for me. Here is the link.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

All of this posting has happened over a period of time. I have worked with lots of people and the posts just add up. It should show you that if you follow the suggestions you may have a good chance of getting clean.

You're doing much better today. You haven't sounded this good since your first post on the forum months ago. Proud of you. God bless.

thanks robswife. lol..I guess I have been here quite a time to know that, regardless of my petty few posts. im feelin good. just lack of sleep i think is giviin me headaches in the morning. today was the first day i gave in and took some REGULAR tylenol. i took 3 pills. 1500mg? now we all know we pounded or at least i have 5-6k of tylenol at a time when inside the form with hydrocodone. but i started gettin the headaches and today was bad. cant even keep tv on and any loud noise really bothers me. but hey, was those 3 tylenol pills bad? i aint doing it on a constant basis. if i wanted to ******** my liver up..i would just take it with the more enjoyable stuff but its been like 9 days clean. will the tylenol not be as effective to me anymore cuz my tolerance on opiates which contained tylenol was so high? i got valerian root and melatonin..can those be mixed wit tylenol.. during day and ..during the nite, can i take it
    @ night to avoid taking tylenol pm so i give my liver a break.. No relapse here..just not perfect. yet!! haaaa lol...

thanks rob.

i guess this topic blows so ill use it as my personal blog. but feel free anybody to come in and actually answer the questions/share your experiences..

thanks robswife. lol..I guess I have been here quite a time to know that, regardless of my petty few posts. im feelin good. just lack of sleep i think is giviin me headaches in the morning. today was the first day i gave in and took some REGULAR tylenol. i took 3 pills. 1500mg? now we all know we pounded or at least i have 5-6k of tylenol at a time when inside the form with hydrocodone. but i started gettin the headaches and today was bad. cant even keep tv on and any loud noise really bothers me. but hey, was those 3 tylenol pills bad? i aint doing it on a constant basis. if i wanted to ******** my liver up..i would just take it with the more enjoyable stuff but its been like 9 days clean. will the tylenol not be as effective to me anymore cuz my tolerance on opiates which contained tylenol was so high? i got valerian root and melatonin..can those be mixed wit tylenol.. during day and ..during the nite, can i take it
    @ night to avoid taking tylenol pm so i give my liver a break.. No relapse here..just not perfect. yet!! haaaa lol...

thanks rob.

i guess this topic blows so ill use it as my personal blog. but feel free anybody to come in and actually answer the questions/share your experiences..

Hey dude ... after all the drug abuse and you're worrying about taking three tylenol or mixing tylenol with some melatonin? Now is the time to cut yourself some slack. Your liver is so happy with you today!

I'm really happy to say that I'm proud of you. I really didn't think or expect that I would be saying that today. You've totally blown me away with your success. I didn't think that you could do it alone and I apologize for that lack of confindence I had in you.

9 days clean is an absolute miracle for you! I really mean that. You've been blessed. Now the most important thing ..... PLEASE don't think ever that you can use recreationally again. DON'T think you can take a few on the weekend and it will be okay. You'll end up right back where you just came from.

I pray that you will stick with this. I suggest that you find an NA meeting and GET INVOLVED!!! Find a sponsor, work the 12 steps, make meetings REGULARLY. And believe in yourself! You never have to use again. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Justchillin
    I want tp jump in and tell you how proud I am of you...
    you are kicken it to the curb,dude
    Reading your post is making my day
    Talk to you soon , Melinda

I can't lie, I did crack a smile when I just read your guy's posts. The littlest support goes a long way..

I can't lie, I did crack a smile when I just read your guy's posts. The littlest support goes a long way..

Good to see you smiling buddy! That is SOOOO much better than drooling. Hang in there dude. God bless.

Can't lie again. I don't feel so well. now why would this happen into day 9 and 10.. i just took two 500mg tylenol and 2 valerian root pills..hopefully thatll take away this big headache..i dont never get headaches..i think all this is just from lack of sleep and lack of sleep is like the very last symtpom of wds to go away..did i nail that 1 right? but lemme ask you..how long does that usually last? all my regular wd symptoms went away after like day 2-3. or at least i pretended like they did.thats what i do with everything..i try n trick my mind. thats how i get through ********. some stuff harder than others but im trrrryying. heh he. i mean i was using the percs heavy. up to 200mg a day for a good year n some months str8 besides a day off here n there..oh well..

JustChillen ..... you're past the worst of it and most of the physical symptoms. But things like emotions, a headache, some symptoms can last a while longer. You've done SOOO good so far. It won't take that much longer buddy! Just hang in there and I promise that every day will get a little better. I would look up an NA meeting and get to it. It will help you I really believe. It's obvious this time you ARE really trying. Don't give up, just keep doing the right thing and it will catch up with you. You're in my prayers. I mean that. God bless.

Now you know I can't do those meeting and group thingy majiggers! Besides, I posted this as a legit thread for everybody to post in but no1 seems to want to intrude so Im fine with that, This thread is my very own personal na meeting! ha! I just wish time was on my side. I picked the worse time to w/d. I got mad stuff to unpack, only to repack and have to drive 4 hours on a road trip. I have to leave no later than Oct 5th. I hope i get my energy back. i cant even open a soda bottle cap if its too tight..thats how weak i am..seems like the last few days werre worsrt than the first few..and thats awkard. it could be from the ambien i was taking for a week str8. big amounts like 50-60mg just trying to sleep. didnt help. and as you know thats when i was taking that big amount. but it was only for a week. does wd still act the same when its big quanitys in extra short periods as opposed to decent amounts for way longer and continuous periods..does that work exactly the same?
    Last edited by JustChillen; 09-26-2009 at 01:51 PM.

It will get better. You'll feel lots better by Oct 5. That's still over a week away. Just don't give in to temptation and stick with it. You'll be okay I promise if you stick with the program. God bless.

The valerian and tylenol together is ok? and can i take my vitamins at the same time? b12 and calcium and multi-vit,and folic acid 1mg, vit-d 400mg etc.

do you have an opinion on that quanity/over-time wd question?

i hate drinking but i was thinking of having a drink or 2 one of these nites n go to sleep but im afraid of feeling ********ty when i wake up the next day? maybe some wine?

is xanax over a short period of time an ok idea for sleep and the emotion thing..i know its good and part of the thomas recipe for the first few days..i didnt have any then and dont know..maybe monday or on the 1st when i see the doc..im gonna get my regular script as normal..at least for this month..which is xanax, ambien, and percocet 10/325. but not touch any of the ambien or percs and just take xanax as needed? i know thats a billion times worse wd so i wouldnt even play around with it constantly but just getting my script for this month this way in case of real emerengy or excruciating pain..just to have, you know? i mean, dont get me wrong, i can get this stuff on the street but its not worth it for me. so dont think ive came this far just bcuz i havent seen the doc...as im sure you know, it can all be steady available and the phone still rings but i am not starting all over again. came 2 far..

The valerian and tylenol together is ok? and can i take my vitamins at the same time? b12 and calcium and multi-vit,and folic acid 1mg, vit-d 400mg etc.

do you have an opinion on that quanity/over-time wd question?

i hate drinking but i was thinking of having a drink or 2 one of these nites n go to sleep but im afraid of feeling ********ty when i wake up the next day? maybe some wine?

is xanax over a short period of time an ok idea for sleep and the emotion thing..i know its good and part of the thomas recipe for the first few days..i didnt have any then and dont know..maybe monday or on the 1st when i see the doc..im gonna get my regular script as normal..at least for this month..which is xanax, ambien, and percocet 10/325. but not touch any of the ambien or percs and just take xanax as needed? i know thats a billion times worse wd so i wouldnt even play around with it constantly but just getting my script for this month this way in case of real emerengy or excruciating pain..just to have, you know? i mean, dont get me wrong, i can get this stuff on the street but its not worth it for me. so dont think ive came this far just bcuz i havent seen the doc...as im sure you know, it can all be steady available and the phone still rings but i am not starting all over again. came 2 far..

I will only say this one time and won't go into a lecture. If you've heard ANYTHING that I've said to you so far PLEASE hear this and listen to me ...... DO NOT FILL THOSE STUPID PRESCRIPTIONS. IF YOU DO YOU'LL RELAPSE AND BE RIGHT BACK WHERE YOU STARTED FROM.

I pray that you'll listen to me and blow off even going to that dr. If you do you'll end up regretting it and all of this progress will have been for NOTHING!!!!! I mean it. It will be for nothing and there is no reason whatsoever to get clean and then go fill the scripts for the very things you just went through hell over trying to stop.

I'm pulling for you but there is nothing anyone can do to help you if you go get those pills. I sure hope you listen and follow my advice. Sure would hate to see a bunch of garbled mumbo jumbo posts like you were making before. God bless.

You don't believe in any type of self- maintence program? Or you think its just because it's way too soon for me to even be talking about it when I just got off the percs..lets just say not even close to 6 months..not even close to 1.

But on a good note, i think just taking the valerian root n tylenol wasnt enough because i wasnt eating n drinking enough like i was the last week n so b4 yesterday n today..cuz i just took my vitamins n ate some shrimps n are drinkin a gatorade and water at the same time..i feel pretty good right now..pretty normal. actually.. so maybe i gotta make sure i eat..even when i dont feel like it but know i have 2..and keep hydrated most importantly..wow..i feel like i went from 0-60 in 2 seconds..

but can u answer those other questions..is there a reason ure not? resort to signature?lol if ure not 100percent for sure, ud rather not say...? ooorrr..

Anonymous Guest

Hi justchillen
    you know I had a year clean and I had to have surgery and had to take pain meds for a couple months, and let me tell ya even after a year it grabbed a hold of me fast...I have started my exercise routine it helps me the most with my pain...just had to jump in and give you my take on it
    Talk to you later, Melinda

Naw, I definately get what'chu sayin..Understandable for sure..me being me, im a real inquisitive person..not addictive person..or impressionable..but curious..so i ask a lot of questions..whether it looks bad or good..thats just how my brain works.. doesnt necessaraily mean im gonna do it.. im gonna stay away from the pill as long as i possibly do except my vitamins haaa...cuz ive never had any problems with willpower or seduction..until the pill..and believe me..if ida known everything about "the pill" including wd symptoms i woulda started up with something or woulda been more cautious about how i took it to begin with. and throughout all my years of surgerys..not ONE doctor ever told me that it can be addicting and effect the brain and the physicalness in the body..thats hard to believe..but if it wasnt for my own good will and me knowing my body h0w i do and also taking the time to take a step back n reflect on what this thing is doing to me..and researching and finding people like yall on the computer..i prolly woulda been stuck in the sand..trying to escape but no luck. hey, even if it takes a post every day on the forum to get me over the hump ill do it..i feel like this thread is my own personal diary almost..haha..like i told bobby, (has any1 ever called him that? lol) prolly not his real name anyway..like i told robert, i cant do the meetings n rehab n guidance counselor etc etc..i know what it takes..to stop something..support i dont need but it def helps..and occupy time..and the net for this prob was and is my comfort zone..call it too much pride.. or what..but hey..the jobs gettin done!! tty guys l8r

The real name IS Robert. I don't reply to bobby. Never have, never will.

Not on an ego trip, I just don't answer to a name that isn't mine. But I am willing to help people when I can. God bless.

fragile1 is offline New Member

Kudos 2 You Just Chillen- Nice 2 hear some good news! I see that you are concerned about not having your energy back? From my own personal experience(s), I noticed that my use of narcs, (what I thought) was giving me that false sense of energy, and lack of inhibition, etc. I relied on those meds to basically help me overcome what I truly felt that I lacked. In time, you will find yourself energetic, powerful, unafraid, empowered- most of the things that one tries to find, behind the illusion of those "magical" pills ie; pain killers, narcotics, benzos,etc. It seems that when you become free of the baggage that comes with your body being addicted to a certain substance, that you will have a rejuvenated energy within yourself, as opposed to that false sense of energy that we seem to think we have while on these pills. From my own experience(s), I noticed that my use of narcs, is what had given me that false sense of energy, and lack of inhibition, etc. I relied on those meds to basically help me overcome what I truly felt that I lacked. I also seem to think that the abuse doesn't necessarily start within the person, as much as the built-up tolerance within one's body. I believe that it was my body that had built up the tolerance to the medication and my mind followed, with the liking of how it made me feel. I do believe that one can have a predisposition to alcohol/substance abuse, especially in families, such as mine. My father was an alcoholic & substance abuser. Six children- and all of us seemed to follow into those same addictions. That goes without saying but what I am trying to convey, is how I fell into it. At the time, only some of my family members were using/abusing prescr. pills. I in no way, wanted anything to do with them...and then I hurt my back and was prescribed vicodin; 7.5mg, 4x day. I started out with that dosage, it helped with the pain and then, up to 10mg., which progressed at some point to Oxycontin, Morphine Sulfate, and the list goes on. I had created a higher tolerance to the drug(s) and therefore, needed a stronger med and a higher dosage, to feel the physical effect of helping with the pain. All in all, it was a legitimate prescription that had created the misuse/abuse of the drug(s).I was thinking that if the "lure" wasn't placed before me, would I have fallen into that addiction? The need for the drug, the higher tolerance, etc. I mean, the only way one can obtain such drugs-(legally), is from a licensed Dr., right? After all, if I had the need and/or want for something for pain, I could've just asked my brother and/or sister. I'm certainly not blaming the Dr., I am just saying that the need for that med became alive only after I had the taste for it. Not only the help that it gave for my pain but I liked how it made me feel. With my family history behind me-(that being 2 strikes against me), I suppose I should have just told the Dr. that I was perhaps too much at risk for abuse? What does one do? After all, how would one know if they would like the effects of a particular drug, if never having been exposed to it in the first place? All in all, I did get that under control for the past 5 years, I believe. I do have pain meds and benzos that I only take on an "as needed" basis. I can take them as written but I choose to take "as needed". They no longer have that effect on me and I'd like to keep it that way. Now, if and when I have pain, I know that the small dose I would take, will indeed work for the pain. So Big Chillen- there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Even if you only see a lantern right now, you're on the path to the light. It sounds like you're just about there! Best of Luck to you!

2 quotes from you Fragile..

"I also seem to think that the abuse doesn't necessarily start within the person, as much as the built-up tolerance within one's body. I believe that it was my body that had built up the tolerance to the medication and my mind followed, with the liking of how it made me feel"

And...

"how would one know if they would like the effects of a particular drug, if never having been exposed to it in the first place?"

^^^ I agree!! Well im feelin pretty good..got some good energy too. i gotta remember to eat right and take my vitamins and drink my protein shakes considering my surgical history on a daily basis when im feeling 100 percent, let alone coming off of "the pill" i dont even addresss it by its name..dont need no reminders.. dont get me wrong, eventually i will take it again for the pain but u called it ..screw as written, ill take it as needed..doesnt hurt to have a few spared instead of running out 7 days early.. thanks for the reply!

rob, im only kidden. nah i ont think u on a ego trip. its cool. and i know a guy named billy. but his real name or so to say i dont know how to say it but the "proper?" name is robert. or full name..either way..when i was strugglin a few days ago..i turned my tv on and all of sudden you know that show "house" with the dr..it was a commercial for the final episode it showed me with his bottle of pain pills and showed he only had 1 left..and he said " i quit" i take little things like that as real life signs..i am like that. i look into ******** like that. i beleive ******** like that. and it was really weird. couldnt have been at a more appropriate time. thanks for the support. and god bless u 2... the sleeping prob is still a prob. maybe like 4 hours a nite..but that takes longest to get back. nothing helps. melatonin, valerian root, tylenol pm, unisom..but thats ok. within time, ill just get back to a normal schedule..eventually my body will catch up with my mind so and so.. nobody ever died from lack of sleep. if your body is that tired ,u will just take a nap. or fall asleep. so its not THAT bad..

You're making progress that is what counts. I just hope you stay away from the RX drugs. I know it's tough to deal with pain sometimes but if you stay off the percs for long enough eventually things like ibuprofen, naproxen, etc will work for you. The sleep thing just takes a little time. Hang in there. God bless.

Still going strong. Melatonin works the best than tylenol and unisom and so on for sleep but still only get like 4 n a half to 5 hrs of sleep..IF that..it sucks..im gettin headaches during the day..and i NEVER used to get headaches..is this JUST from lack of the sleep or do you think its still wd symptoms? i doubt it but it could be.

also..with the melatonin, we get like 0.1 melatonin naturally from our body each day. now i couldnt get to sleep until 12mg of the melatonin. thats 4 pills. 3mg each. but then i woke up like 3 hrs l8r and tryed to took two more..it didnt work..so took two more.. now on some page i heard some guy stay start low but u can take up to 30mg at max..i took 24mg throughout the nite..to begin with and when waking up way to early. at 630am..i decided to just stay up..and its the weekend! on some dutch website they supposedly did a study on 500 women over a period of time and saying they were safe taking 75mg of melatonin. but thats craazzyy!! and i did get a headache in morning. anyway..its really agitating but i dont wanna take the melatonin for too long in a row..so how could i switch up to something else..because i dont wanna mess up my natural organs/signals/whatever it might be..

Melatonin never worked for me. I found excedrin PM or something similar better. Sometimes we just have to tough it out through the NO SLEEP thing. It's tough but like I told you before if you get tired enough you'll go to sleep. You won't die over having a hard time getting your sleep back to normal. God bless.