clonazepam and cocaine
    smokie77 is offline New Member

Default clonazepam and cocaine

I began to use 2mg clonazepam a couple years ago and it helped me in many ways.I became happy and outgoing. I used to use cocaine but was off it for a long time. Now every time I take a dose of CL I have a strong urge to do coke and usually end up going off. I don't crave coke when I don't take the pills. I'm not hooked on the pills and can go a month without but I miss the benefits. How can I experience the enlightenment with the pill without a compulsive desire for cocaine?

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

It is a well known fact that once you are addicted to something, even if you get clean, the propensity for addiction again is always there. So it is really not surprising that you would get the urges again when using another potentially addictive drug.

However, you are the one who chose to use Cocaine and should not blame the Doctor's for your folly.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

smokie77 is offline New Member

Thanks for your comments. I only blame myself for substance abuse. That is another benefit I receive with clonazepam, I don't abuse it. I don't even drink. I don't want to use amphetamines. I am currently staying off the nazepam so it doesn't lead to the urge of the greater evil. I have been prescribed valium before but the effect is different and I used 10mg per day. I feel great with 2mg of clonazepam 2-3 times a week. I am just trying to figure out if there is a chemical in the nazepam that creates me to crave something that I know sucks, or if maybe I just mentally linked the 2 together. I'm considering seeing a pschiatrist or maybe even hypnosis.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

I went on a hunt and found you some more information:

Clonazepam ( Klonopin )
    In Canada ( Rivotril )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) is an anticonvulsant primarily used in the treatment of seizure disorders. Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) is a member of a class of drug known as benzodiazepines.This drug may also be used as an antianxiety, for the short-term relief of mild to moderate anxiety.Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) may also be used to treat movement disorders ( e.g., Touette's Syndrome),panic disorder,drug-induced mania,to help resistant depression,nocturnal myoclonus,relieve trigeminal neuralgia,bipolar affective disorder,and to help control certain types of petit mal,atypical,akinetic,myoclonic, or absence seizures.

CLASS: 3-Hydroxy Benzodiazepine.
    Generic name: Clonazepam.
    Type: Anticonvulsive.

Strengths:

Tables:
    0.5mg,1mg,2mg.

Dosages:
    Actual dosage must be determined by the physician.

Normal dosage:

If under 18 years of age,DO NOT USE!
    18 to 60 years of age,1.5 mg to start.
    Over 60 years of age, Lower dosage increased cautiously.

Oral:
    Start: 0.5 mg three times daily.
    Increases: 0.5mg to 1mg every three days.
    Maximum: 20 mg in 24 hours.

Problems with:

Liver Function: Lower dosage,as needed.
    Kidney Function: Watch for accumulation.

Test:

Before taking: None.
    While taking: Periodic blood cell and liver.

Take With: Empty stomach, milk,or with food.

Full Benefits In: First day to a week.

Missed Dose(s):If within one hour take,if over an hour skip and then continue on your normal schedule.Never Take a Double Dose!

If Stop Taking: Do not stop without consulting your physician and never abruptly if taking to control seizures or if have been taking for more than four weeks..

Overdose symptoms include: Confusion,loss of consciousness, or slowing of reflexes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warnings

Narcotics may increase the sedative effects of this drug.Do not take other sedative, benzodiazepines,or sleeping pills with this drug.The combinations could be fatal.Do not drink alcohol when taking benzodiazepines. Alcohol can lower blood pressure and decrease your breathing rate to the point of unconsciousness.

The habit-forming potential is high.Psychological and physical dependence is common.It is possible to become dependent in only two to four weeks.If used for antianxiety treatment:This drugs should not be taken for more then four weeks ( Yudofsky, Hales and Ferguson . ) Do not stop taking this drug abruptly,this could cause psychological and physical withdrawal symptoms.

Do not take this drug if you are pregnant or if planning to become pregnant.Do not take if you are breast-feeding.

Do not take this drug if under eighteen and in small doses if over sixty with close monitoring.

Do not use if: You had negative reactions to this drug or any other benzodiazepines in the past.If you have a history of alcoholism, drug dependence,have had a stroke,have multiple sclerosis,asthma,chronic bronchitis,Alzheimer's disease, liver disease, acute narrow-angle glaucoma,acute intermittent porphyria,emphysema, seriously depressed,myasthenia gravis, or have any type of brain disorders.

This is from: http://www.psyweb.com/Drughtm/klonopin.html

And it clearly states it should not be used by people who had prior drug dependence problems. So I am assuming you may be right and it might trigger such things.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~