clean off opiates for 14 months. when am i going to feel better?
    jessiejg is offline New Member

Default clean off opiates for 14 months. when am i going to feel better?

I have researched all over the net and cant find anything pertaining to long term withdrawals...ANY insight will be much appreciated..I have been clean for 14 months (completely) I went from a 9 year, up to 400mgs of Oxycontin or its equivalent a day the last couple years..i finally reached the point where i knew i was going to die if i didnt do something and someone who was almost a complete stranger took me in and straightened me out Anyway, I ache all the time, generally feel like ????, have no energy at ALL and yes i am taking my vitamins along with ginseng or other ???? that is supposed to help your energy level. for the most part, i didnt have any major depression until lately..now i barely have the drive to clean house or do anything...i blame that on the no energy crisis lol...im also getting the symptoms of agoraphobia...am scared to death to go back to work esp because that is where most of my drug contacts were made and i wont go anywhere simply because i know myself..im afraid that if temptation is constantly in my face i may cave...just once (i do know that once leads to a million times so therefore just once is too many)..Does anyone have any ideas? vitamin or herb combo? anything? my diet is good..more healthy than anything...Oh and if it pertains, i went clean without any help aids...no suboxine or methadone, no rehab, no NA, no nothing but a motherfigure pushing me

Thank you to anyone that can help a mother teetering on the edge

casual is offline Member

14 months clean and you still feel like hell? There would have to be an underlying problem I would assume. I'm not to be taken serious.

lol ya not anything comparable to the first 3 or 4 months but rundown...i dont have the cravings or shakes, ????s none of that..just a general fatigue..wondering if it takes awhile for brain chem to get normalized....

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

So you were abusing 9 years total? Do you excercise? Some in the medical field believe that a % of us never regain the use of a regular dopamine/endorphins again :/ I hate to sound scary but you should talk to professionals about this. 14 months later you should be feeling better with the exception of cravings.

greeeeaaaat...i wish that i could find some literature on long term effects... I have almost no cravings..actually i havent had a bad craving in prlly 6 months..i sometimes catch myself obsessing in the memories of getting high and start to get "Twitchy" but can distract myself with reading or whatnot...i hear that depression can cause energy loss as well as aches and pains so possibly that may be the whole underlying cause..

i do exercise...not cardio or anything but i walk my dog everyday and often walk to the store or through the woods..and on my good days i usually involve myself in very strenuous work...building things, yada yada

i feel ok...not spectacular and not ??????...just....here

and ya it was for 9 years with one 90 day clean time somewhere between the third and forth year...