Chantix
    Mama52 is offline New Member

Default Chantix

I have just started taking Chantix to quit smoking. Does anyone have any pros or cons for this med. Has it worked for you, etc?

mslibo is offline New Member

Default chantix

my wife has been on it for 3 weeks, she says it is a mirical drug.
    she has been smoke free for 2 weeks now, and says she is never going to smoke again.
    she is also says one month is enough of the medication.
    she used to be a heavy smoker, and tried to quit alot but never succeded.

the only side effect shae had sofar is that she forgot to take a dose, so ended up doubling here dose, which was a bad idea. she got really sick, and was vomtting for an hour.

great meds to help you quit, gl

Barbara Martin is offline New Member

I tried everything from patches to inhalers, no help. I told someone if researchers could come up with something to tell my brain I don't need the Cig. Thats what would work. I did the three months period, you can take it for six months if you feel you need it. I have not had a cig. in 8 months and I smoked for 30/40 years. I'm thankful for that Blessing of Chantix everyday.

Dave87666 is offline Member

I have a friend at work that has been a HEAVY smoker for most of his life..He has been on this Chantix for about 3 months now and is completely smoke free!He says he does'nt even get cravings anymore...Honestly this is a guy that I always said that there would be NO WAY he'd ever quit,and now due to this drug he really did quit...I'd say it must REALLY work for him to have quit....

kathy8167 is offline Junior Member

I have heard a lot of people had wonderful results from chantix. I am very happy for them. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. One of the side-effects can be depression, especially for someone who has experienced depression in the past or is at risk for depression. I took it for a total of three weeks. I noticed that in a week, I didn't feel the need to smoke anymore, hooray!!! But I also noticed that my mood was low. After three weeks, I wasn't smoking, but I was severely depressed. I was at risk for suicide and having morbid thoughts. I told my doctor and he took me off of chantix right away. Within days, I felt ten times better! I started smoking again though. I wish I could stay on this drug long enough to kick the habit, but I cannot stand to be so depressed. Smoking is better than committing suicide. Since then, I have heard of others having the same experience. More often than not, people have excellent results from this drug. Just a friendly FYI: Keep tabs on your mood while you take chantix. Good luck!

Anonymous Guest

It works really good.
    I took it for 2 weeks and that was all i needed.