Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cant get over sub withdrawals
    whycantikick is offline New Member

Default Cant get over sub withdrawals

Hello all,
    I have been reading this forum for a long time, but this is the first time I have posted. My wife and i have been dealing with opiate addiction for about 7-8 years. Starting getting sub about two years agon off the streets to help manage my addicition, bit the bullet a year agon and went to a doctor. Doctor put me on 3 strips a day, which i never took, at most, would take 8 miligrams a day, but could manage on 4. (My wife and i would share the scipt. ) Was taking one miligram for about a week, then took to miligrams one night, then 2 miligrams again in the morning. That was on 1/27/12, that was the last time i took anything. It has been around 25 days since i took my last piece of sub, and my wife and I still feel terrible. No energy, warm feeling all over my body, legs kicking, contatnt bathroom issues. I am trying to be strong and I keep telling myself that it is going to end soon, but when? I am starting to feel like it is never going to end. i dont want to give up, but my wife and i cant take much more of this. I am going off, its been 25 days, it cant go on for ever?", but some days i start to feel like its never going to end. i need some feedback and advice, as I thought this would be over weeks ago.

Hello all, today is day 26, and still no improvement. My stomach was actually bothering me too much I couldn't even go to work. Can someone please offer me some suggestions or feedbawould when this will improve? I have no desire to go back on sub, but don't know how much more of this I can take! I had no idea that it would take this long. Any suggestions?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

You stopped at too high of a dose. You've made it this long now, I wouldn't go back. But you quit at way too high of a dose. It shouldn't be too much longer.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

After all I read, I'm realizing that I jumped off too quickly, I don't want to go back, but this is driving me freaking nuts. I keep waiting for the day I wake up and feel better, but am starting to feel like that is never going to happen. Thank you for your reply Robert, I am wondering if anyone has gone through this for such a long period of time, and if this is the case, how much more of this am I to expect?

Jumping off cold at the dose you were on it could last a month or so. Sorry, but that is the reality of this. Don't give up now! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Well today is day 29 nd i think i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Still have some minor wds but nothing like it has been for the past month. i woke up yesterday and began to slowly feel a little better. i am praying to god everyday that this is the begining of the end for me, but i am somewhat sckeptical as i have had good days in that past, only to be knocked on my a## the next day. If I would have known that this was going to be this bad, i would have never began taking subs, but that is in the past. All i can do know is just continue to push forward and hope for the best. Thanks Robert for the information, but for anyone else that is going through this, please dont jump off at 2mgs, if you do your in a world of hurt for at at least a month, minimum, and beleive me, it is truly the worst expeirence of my life.

numbOne is offline Member

Try to look at it as a blessing, although it sucks, whatever does not kill you will only make you stronger. If you happen to have a weak moment or prevailing thought, you will remember what this month has been like and not pick up.

Glad you are begginning to feel better

Trust me, picking up is the furthest thing from my mind. Haven't used any thing but subs in almost a year, which is why i was so taken back by the intensity of the wd. If i would have known they were going to be this tough, i would have gone back on percs for a while and then detoxed from them! I am trying to stay positive, the wd's come in wavesa little. Still have the sore legs, but I have been sleeping well and mentally I feel like my head is a lot clearer. Still struggling with my level of engery as i have heard that is the last thing that comes back. I still can't beleive that the wd's have lasted as long as they have!

I understand what you are saying. Picking up is the furthest thing from your mind because suboxone is doing it's job...just be careful

The energy issue is tough and complicated. I've always felt a little low in that regard, that was an attraction to drugs for me - gave me super energy...then of course the cycle, levels went even lower until the next dose etc..

Sleep is Key. Excercise. B-Vitamins. Multivitamins. L-tyrosine is supposed to help and i have heard about 5-HTP helping as well. Proper diet obviously...

Today is day 33. I felt really good for the weekend, actually felt like myself for the first time in as long as I could remmeber. However, yesterday afternoon, I felt like all the energy was sucked out of me. i got home form work around 5pm and completely crashed! i slept from like 6pm til 6am. Today I feel a little shaky. My legs hurt for the first time in days and i had some stomach issues this morning. I am wondering, is it normal for symptoms to go away and come back a few days later? i was hoping that i was done with everything, but feel a little discouraged that I feel bad today. I can deal with it, just it is starting to be a pain if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-28-2012 at 08:40 PM.

votinforu is offline New Member

I can only imagine what you are going through because the most I have ever taken is four 7.5 hydrocodone a day for a year and a half before I was forced by evil doc to cold turkey quit. I had withdrawal symptoms from hell. Like you, I started searching the web for answers and someone on some obscure forum suggested Gabapentin. Lucky for me I just happen to have half a bottle of them leftover from when I had shingles six years ago. I took one in the morning and one at night and they really seemed to help. Maybe you should ask your doc about getting a rx. Another thing I did for the painful legs that seemed to help; I wrapped them (not too tight, not too loose) in 6" Ace bandages. After about 4 or 5 hours I'd take them off for a couple hours then put them back on. My withdrawal lasted 4 days. I'm sure sorry you're going through this for such a long time. I hope you are through the worst of it now.

Today is day 36 and i feel like things are getting worse, rather than better. this morning i woke up and felt like somebody beat the hell out of me last night. My whole body hurts, mainly my lower back and the back of my legs. Stil have little to know energy. The only thing positive that i can report is that i have no problems getting to sleep at night. i am on average gettiing close to 8 hours each night. This is driving me freaking nuts!!!!!! I just want this to be over. i have been patient, but i am really feeling like this is bever going to end. I am starting to try and convicne myslef that if I dont feel better by the end of the weekend, thzat i might as well give up and go back on subs. My work is suffering as i have felt like hell for over a month. i have not gotten anything done around my house since January. All I do is go to work and come home and go to bed. Please some words of encouiragement would be greatly appreciated right now.

Quote Originally Posted by whycantikick View Post
    Today is day 36 and i feel like things are getting worse, rather than better. this morning i woke up and felt like somebody beat the hell out of me last night. My whole body hurts, mainly my lower back and the back of my legs. Stil have little to know energy. The only thing positive that i can report is that i have no problems getting to sleep at night. i am on average gettiing close to 8 hours each night. This is driving me freaking nuts!!!!!! I just want this to be over. i have been patient, but i am really feeling like this is bever going to end. I am starting to try and convicne myslef that if I dont feel better by the end of the weekend, thzat i might as well give up and go back on subs. My work is suffering as i have felt like hell for over a month. i have not gotten anything done around my house since January. All I do is go to work and come home and go to bed. Please some words of encouiragement would be greatly appreciated right now.

Start taking Advil or Aleve immediately for the body aches. Add L-Tyrosine with vitamin B-6 for energy. And as much as it may be difficult, get as much exercise as you can stand to help get your natural endorphine production going. Exercise, as hard as it can be to get started, is the best med there is for getting your energy back after opiate detox.

The L-Tyrosine comes in 500mg caps. You can take two or three a day and that should help with your energy level. Don't give up, you've made it so far! All of these supplements can be found at a GNC store or similar vitamin store. Also drinking some really good protein shakes help. I would drink at least one each day in the morning. Keep us posted how this helps you or what. Hope it helps. God bless.

Have been taking over the counter pain releivers but they don't seem t o do much good. zbeen thinking about the L-trylosine and will most likely get some over the weekend. Beleive me, i don't want to go back on sub because i never want to go through this again, but this overwheleming feeling that i have no way out and this is never going to end, is starting to overpower my will. i keep praying for strength, but none comes. My wife and i are going through the same process, which helps in the support area, but we are both at are wits end as we were not prepared for this and thought it would be over weeks ago.

Help me!!!!!!!! I still feel terrible after 38 days!!!!! Each day is worst than the previous!!!!! Don't know how much more of this I can take!!!!

Help me!!!!!!!! I still feel terrible after 38 days!!!!! Each day is worst than the previous!!!!! Don't know how much more of this I can take!!!!

Like I told you before you're looking at a good month at the dose you jumped from. Of course it's been over a month now. I see you haven't got the L-Tyrosine yet. It will help with your energy level I promise. You need to get some immediately ...... I am trying to help you but you've got to work with me.

Will your dr prescribe you any soma or klonopin or both for about a ten days? Don't want you getting addicted to benzos but either or both of these in small doses would help you as you need to pull out of this after 38 days! That totally sucks.

Are you drinking lots of fluids? How about some quality protein shakes, they should help. Also as badly as you feel even going for a walk would help with your endorphine production and overall well being.

I know something that will help with your endorphine production, but not being a dr most drs say I'm crazy. But if you could get a prescription for a low dose of naltrexone it is awesome for endorphine production coming off opiates. It just depends on whether your dr will believe me or not. I am talking about 3-5mg doses. It's not a narcotic of any kind, it's mostly used for treating alcoholism, but it would help. Let me know if any of this is available to you. I will try to help you any way that I can. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-04-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    dago77 likes this.

dago77 is offline Senior Member

The Naltrexone is supposed to really help with that. I have some myself and I'm going to try it after this is all over and all the drugs are out of my system. If I feel like I need it.

You guys should google it. Not that much will come up...mainly alcohol cases. If you search for endorphin production after opiate abuse there is a lot of info and story's for you to read.

I have checked around the forum a few times looking for Naltrexone threads. Never really been able to find much here.

Robert if you see this and know of any members here who have used it...please let me know.

The best part is like you said its a non-narc and not addictive!

Just what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by dago77 View Post
    The Naltrexone is supposed to really help with that. I have some myself and I'm going to try it after this is all over and all the drugs are out of my system. If I feel like I need it.

You guys should google it. Not that much will come up...mainly alcohol cases. If you search for endorphin production after opiate abuse there is a lot of info and story's for you to read.

I have checked around the forum a few times looking for Naltrexone threads. Never really been able to find much here.

Robert if you see this and know of any members here who have used it...please let me know.

The best part is like you said its a non-narc and not addictive!

Just what I need.

Ryan ...... a good part of what i know on this comes from research. But I have some links to a guy who was here years ago called Better Off Dead. He and I went all through this. These links he had led to more and more links. Let me see if I can dig a couple up. HAng loose. I'm about to pass out after being up two days and nights. About to go down for the count. I laughed at this guy at first, in fact I am kind of a wise ass to him at first. But this is when I started checking into it and there are some really good links in this thread. Drs still think I'm crazy when I bring it up but I'm used to drs saying I'm crazy. lol Take care! Probably going to crash pretty soon.

Check this thread out for starters .....

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...ldn-48470.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-04-2012 at 06:48 PM.

I'll check it out, thx. Go to bed dude..you had a rough one last night!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning, still feeling shaky, gonna try and maintain a positive attitude. Interested in the naxetrene information. Have a whole bottle of 50mg pills that I could cut down, but I am not sure about it, need more information

Still feel sore and shaky all over. to answer some responses, I have no access to any Benzo, my doc won't prescribe them to me. I started the L-tryosine this morning. Took one 500mg tab, and its giving me what only can be described as in the thomas Recipe as coffee jitters. It seems to be incrasing my antzyness so I dont know if I can continue taking it.

You can use Gava for anxiety. It will help settle down the nerves. I'm just trying to shoot all options at you that I can think of that may help you. Like I said, you jumped off at too high of a dose to start with, but no way I would go back now! Hang in there! God bless..

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning, still feeling shaky, gonna try and maintain a positive attitude. Interested in the naxetrene information. Have a whole bottle of 50mg pills that I could cut down, but I am not sure about it, need more information
    Click on the link Robert posted for me. Go down a few posts where the guy posted a bunch of links about LDN. There is one there that is a LDN forum kind of like this place. A lot of people there were feeling just like you are now. That medicine really helped them get back to normal quick! Maybe the doc who wrote you the script for the 50mg will write you one for the lower mg Naltrexone instead. They say the lower dose really helps with endorphin production and energy quick! It works a lot different then the 50mg. It doesn't sound like you would have much to lose if you tried it.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

i cant believe you've made it this long .....you cant throw in the towel now!!! I have soo much respect for you lasting this long w/o cracking, it def. takes a lot of courage and determination. The worst is behind you now......in a week or two you should be back to normal.....Anyone that jumps at 2 mg would have the same problems as you are experiencing.

I know this sounds weird, but I see it as a major accomplishment in my detox. I had my first solid bowel movement in 38 days! It's weird what I see as an accomplishment these days! Hey Dave, thanks for the kind words.

Well today is day 40. I woke up today feeling fairly good. I slept pretty last night. i started with protein shakes yesterday and will continue to drink them throughout the week. For the most part, I feel better today then i did both Sunday and yesterday. i am trying to stay positive for the most part and I keep telling myself that ech day, I will feel better and better. I'm hoping that this will have a positive effect on my mood. i am sick and tired of being sick and tired! Thanks for all the feedback and support

Today is day 42. I still have some aches and pains, but they are becoming more and more managable. I am sleeping fairly well witht he assitance of a night time sleep aid. My enegry is slowly starting to return. Last night after work i was able to get the oiled changed in my car, go food shopping, cook dinner, and make desert (bannana spilts for my wife and kids) and was still up for watching a movie before I went to bed. This si a major accomplishment to me as recently all I would want to do when i came home was to go straight to bed! I am wondering if it has anything to do witht he weather becasue yesterday hit almost 70 degrees and oday is suppossed to be even warmer. This is the warmest it has been since the day I jumped. So my question is, "Has anyone else found it easier to fight off withdrawal symptoms when soemthing like the weather gets warmer?" Thanks for all your support everyone.

In my experience colder weather definitely makes getting thru it tougher.

Congrats on Day 42. You should be very proud of yourself as that is quite an accomplishment. The longer you are away from it the easier day to day becomes. Great suggestions in this thread. Using a few myself

Today is day 46, My weeken was not that bad. i am starting to feel like the worst of the wd's are starting to come to an end. i still feel some aches and pains; however, my energy is slowly starting to return. i was able to accomplish some positiv ethings over the weekend. Went to a family party and then was able to go on a major food order over the weekend. These were things that i never thought i would be able to do. I am hoping that by the end of the week, all of this will be over. i was able to get a hold of some klonipin from a freind and when i take it its like night and day. thanks for all the support

Today is day 50 and i think that the wd's are finally gone. i am proud of myself as i never thought i would make it. this was truley the hardest thing that i have ever done in my life. I just want to thank everyone for all he support and advice that was provided to me through this process. just knowing that there were others that were going throught he same thing as me helped me get through thisw. i don't have any cravings to use becasue i have no desire to go through that detox again and one thing is for sure, I WILL NEVER TOUCH SUBS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast