boyfriends >>>>>> addiction
    laurenrochelle3 is offline New Member

Default boyfriends >>>>>> addiction

So i am 17, i just graduated high school early in december. I know where i want to go in life i wan to be a nurse and i want to have family some day. When i was 15 I met my boyfriend Collin who was 17. he was doing percoset when i met him but i was so young and stupid thought it was okay. soon he started smoking >>>>>> tellig me it was an occasional thing. He started doing >>>>>> on a daily basis. i tried it a few times i hated it. he smokes >>>>>> for the record. He lost his job as a food runner and was buying drugs with themoney he had left.times when he couldnt get any black he would gocrazy. he cut him self infront of me a few times, threw chairs. he always thinks i am cheatin on him! and iam not! I have been nothing but supportive through out this stupid situation. But the past 6 months i find myself not wanting to be with him sometimes. i work alot and he sits at home and does >>>>>>. Recently he started selling it a little on the side so what he would smoke he didnthave to payfor. I am so lost i feel like i love him but at the same time i am s young! We are supposed to move to carlsbad NM where he will work on the Oil rigs, and if he worksout there they drug test. he told me he will quit by then. He ALWAYS says he will never break up with me. he loves me too much. he is so protective of me, like i lost so many friends. about a week ago he said i dont want to be with you any more and i was some what okay with that becuase i was excited to get away from his >>>>>> addiction. but now i find my self wishing i could have him back, wondering what if. When he is not on >>>>>> i love him so much, and we get along so well. but when he is on >>>>>> i want out, and i want out bad. I just need some help, some moral advice. its not like i can talk about this to my parents. so please help me

BrianO is offline New Member

Dear, you need to get out, you and your love will not cure your boyfriend, that little phrase - If you love something, set if free - comes to mind, your to young and just the fact that he would let his girlfriend try one of the most potent and addictive drugs around should tell you where you stand in your relationship. The drug will always come first, that much is a guarantee, and the addict will never quit because someone begs them, they will quit when they decide that their life on drugs has become so unbearable that they have no other option, so leaving may be the push he needs, you need to set boundaries, things like "I will not be around you or have you around if you are using drugs", you set those and be strong, because the addict wont be, if you care, you will take charge and make some changes.

Just my thoughts, been around addiction my whole life vis a vis family, brothers and personal experience with drugs, just getting clean myself.

God Bless n Prayers
    B

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by laurenrochelle3 View Post
    So i am 17, i just graduated high school early in december. I know where i want to go in life i wan to be a nurse and i want to have family some day. When i was 15 I met my boyfriend Collin who was 17. he was doing percoset when i met him but i was so young and stupid thought it was okay. soon he started smoking >>>>>> tellig me it was an occasional thing. He started doing >>>>>> on a daily basis. i tried it a few times i hated it. he smokes >>>>>> for the record. He lost his job as a food runner and was buying drugs with themoney he had left.times when he couldnt get any black he would gocrazy. he cut him self infront of me a few times, threw chairs. he always thinks i am cheatin on him! and iam not! I have been nothing but supportive through out this stupid situation. But the past 6 months i find myself not wanting to be with him sometimes. i work alot and he sits at home and does >>>>>>. Recently he started selling it a little on the side so what he would smoke he didnthave to payfor. I am so lost i feel like i love him but at the same time i am s young! We are supposed to move to carlsbad NM where he will work on the Oil rigs, and if he worksout there they drug test. he told me he will quit by then. He ALWAYS says he will never break up with me. he loves me too much. he is so protective of me, like i lost so many friends. about a week ago he said i dont want to be with you any more and i was some what okay with that becuase i was excited to get away from his >>>>>> addiction. but now i find my self wishing i could have him back, wondering what if. When he is not on >>>>>> i love him so much, and we get along so well. but when he is on >>>>>> i want out, and i want out bad. I just need some help, some moral advice. its not like i can talk about this to my parents. so please help me
    Lauren, The abusive behavior has already started, the dealing has begun, and only God knows how many more times you will here the promises. He may be a good guy w/o the drugs but until that stops he will only get worse and take you with him. There is only one catalyst for change with an addict and that is pain. If it doesn't hurt there is no reason to quit, and we will use up any and everybody that we can to get what we want.
    This may sound unpleasant but you CANNOT help him. Take care of yourself walk away before it is too late. From what you describe he does not want to and has no intention of quitting God Bless Surfdog