Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Denny_D
  • 1 Post By MatthewJulian86
Bad W/D's I have options, I need to know what to take, PLEASE HELP
    MatthewJulian86 is offline New Member

Exclamation Bad W/D's I have options, I need to know what to take, PLEASE HELP

I am 26 yrs old and have been on opioids for the last 7 yrs, I started Suboxone about a year ago. I recently moved to a new city(ahead of my wife & two kids) to set up a house and start college, a few days ago I washed and dried a brand new script of 30 and my doc refuses to even speak to me on the phone much less send me a new script(he says because of papers I signed entering treatment), I am about 50 hours in and just want it to stop. I cant function like this and I have a couple options, I have 4 mg of Sub that I stashed for such an occasion as well as a bottle with 37 hydro/aceto left from a back injury. What do I do ? Do I take 2mg of sub once a day for the next 2 days and start the hell all over again or do I start a slow ween with the hydro? I have work, school, and remodeling a house I just need to not feel like hell and have to run to the toilet every 10 min, I just need to function. Any experience of advice asap is appreciated. I just dont know what to do.

Sorry, my classes are friday and saturday, and I have called in sick to work, but classes I absolutly cant miss, so....

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewJulian86 View Post
    I am 26 yrs old and have been on opioids for the last 7 yrs, I started Suboxone about a year ago. I recently moved to a new city(ahead of my wife & two kids) to set up a house and start college, a few days ago I washed and dried a brand new script of 30 and my doc refuses to even speak to me on the phone much less send me a new script(he says because of papers I signed entering treatment), I am about 50 hours in and just want it to stop. I cant function like this and I have a couple options, I have 4 mg of Sub that I stashed for such an occasion as well as a bottle with 37 hydro/aceto left from a back injury. What do I do ? Do I take 2mg of sub once a day for the next 2 days and start the hell all over again or do I start a slow ween with the hydro? I have work, school, and remodeling a house I just need to not feel like hell and have to run to the toilet every 10 min, I just need to function. Any experience of advice asap is appreciated. I just dont know what to do.
    Matthew .... that is quite a predicament you have here. And I fully understand your question and will try to help as much as I can.

First if you could maybe take what's left of your script to your doctor and show him the damage he might reconsider giving you a new one. Maybe mail it back to your wife and she if she can take care of it after telling the doctor you are going to return the damaged script.

But under no circumstances should you start taking the Hydro again. You are asking to start the addiction up all over again. I would not take this route.

With that said I think what I would do is to start a very quick taper using what Sub you have left. Maybe take the 4mg pill or film (you didn't say) and cut it in half for (2) - 2mg pieces. Then in half again for (4) - 1mg pieces. Then try to cut it in half once more for (8) - 0.5mg (1/2mg) pieces. I have done this many times and it can be done. The pill if that's what it is, may want to crumble, but try anyway. And save any tiny pieces. They are very valuable. Use a single-edge razor blade.

Now Subs are much more powerful than most anyone realizes. They are 30 to 40 times stronger than Morphine. Just a different kind of medication.

Start taking 0.50mg (1/2) daily for 3 days. Then reduce by 25% to 0.375mg for 3 days. Then reduce by 25% again to 0.25mg for 3 days. Then you are done. That all together will be a total of 3.375mg of the Sub. The remaining 0.625mg can be held for an emergency. Again it doesn't sound like much, but just trust me on how strong this stuff really is.

Do like I said and you should be off the Sub in about 10 days or so. That's real fast, but with the Sub you have left it's all I can do. So please trust me I do know what I talking about. I would never give you bad info or try to steer you wrong. That is exactly what I would do in this case.

You are going to have some days or hours that you aren't feeling well, but who doesn't? Give this a honest effort and I nthink it will work out just fine. I will be here if you have questions. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny
    Last edited by Denny_D; 09-27-2011 at 03:48 PM.

10 characters

Sorry, my classes are friday and saturday, and I have called in sick to work, but classes I absolutly cant miss, so....
    Matthew ..... normally I would have suggested that since you have been without anything for the 50 hours, that you just continue not to use anything and finish doing it "cold turkey".

But with the things you have going on right now I would do as I suggest above this time only! Like I said, I wouldn't suggest this everytime or for someone else. But the fact that you told me you had 37 pills left from a bottle of Hydro somehow gets me to think you can control your use.

I hope what I suggested all makes sense to you.
    Denny

My doc is in the city that I moved from, yes I have the film and yes I truly want to be done with this addiction. I have been hiding the sub from my wife for a year and its eating me alive. I will be honest, I am terrified to start the sub again, I know its somehow prolonging my w/d, the hydro have been sitting in my cabinet for over a year and they were never really my thing. I just want to get through this, I wish I could just sweat it out for a week but I cant, I am 3 days in and I know that in the past its taken me a couple weeks to get through this, its been absolute hell to have these meds for 3 days and not take anything, I am so sick of the depression, weeping, sickness. I am trying to be strong and just push through it but I dont think Im there yet.
    Thank you for taking time to talk.
    Last edited by MatthewJulian86; 09-27-2011 at 04:05 PM.

My doc is in the city that I moved from, yes I have the film and yes I truly want to be done with this addiction. I have been hiding the sub from my wife for a year and its eating me alive. I will be honest, I am terrified to start the sub again, I know its somehow prolonging my w/d, the hydro have been sitting in my cabinet for over a year and they were never really my thing. I just want to get through this, I wish I could just sweat it out for a week but I cant, I am 3 days in and I know that in the past its taken me a couple weeks to get through this, its been absolute hell to have these meds for 3 days and not take anything, I am so sick of the depression, weeping, sickness. I am trying to be strong and just push through it but I dont think Im there yet.
    Thank you for taking time to talk.
    Matthew .... if that is the case then forget what I said earlier and just continue to not use. I was just trying to get you through the week.

But if you have not been using for 3 days then I certainly wouldn't start using anything again. That's what I told you I should be telling you to do in my 2nd post to you. Try to buckle up and ride this thing out.

I will provide the link for The Thomas Recipe for you. It is loaded with lots of vitamins, minerals, and supplements to help get you through. Don't worry about the Benzo's in it. You don't need them right now. The link is below.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

Try to get as much exercise as you can get. It stimulates your endorphines. And stay busy. Sounds like you are well on your way to that.

If you take just one of the Hydro pills you will right back to day one. You know this. So my best advice is to just not use anything. The symptoms surely suck, but they don't last forever, and you only have to do this just one time.

Best of luck to you in your move and if you need my help with anything I will be here. God Bless.....Denny
    Denana1967 likes this.

Thank you so much for being here to help. I am going to ride out the night and see if its any better or worse tomorrow. I have been strong enough to get this far so a few more hours will not kill me, if I absolutely can not function tomorrow I will make the division of my 4mg as you suggested and go from there, I keep praying and I know deep down inside that this hell is worth the light on the other side, so I am going to try to remain strong. I really think that I need to get back on my prozac(stopped about the time my bad addictions started), anyways I'm pretty exhausted so Im going to go chill out in my bed for a while then try to eat something.
    Denny_D thank you again, it really helps to have someone to talk to, Im hundreds of miles away from anyone I could talk to and I am a bit too ashamed to talk to them now anyways, so again Thank You. Ill check in tomorrow morning.
    Denana1967 likes this.

Thank you so much for being here to help. I am going to ride out the night and see if its any better or worse tomorrow. I have been strong enough to get this far so a few more hours will not kill me, if I absolutely can not function tomorrow I will make the division of my 4mg as you suggested and go from there, I keep praying and I know deep down inside that this hell is worth the light on the other side, so I am going to try to remain strong. I really think that I need to get back on my prozac(stopped about the time my bad addictions started), anyways I'm pretty exhausted so Im going to go chill out in my bed for a while then try to eat something.
    Denny_D thank you again, it really helps to have someone to talk to, Im hundreds of miles away from anyone I could talk to and I am a bit too ashamed to talk to them now anyways, so again Thank You. Ill check in tomorrow morning.
    You can talk to me anytime you want to Matthew. I have been where you are right now. I was a professional baseball player and away from my wife most of the time on the road. Also an addict which made it even more difficult. I am clean now and trying to help others as best that I can.

So I truely understand your lonely feeling as you make this move. You sound like a great guy that values your family above all else. That's the way it should be. I'm positive you will come out of this situation just golden.

So try your best not to use. Remember you only have to do this just one time! Get it over with and you're free! Try to get some rest. And post often to let me and others know how you are feeling. It really does help. God Bless....Denny

what456 is offline Junior Member

Wondering how you are doing Matthew. Did you make it through. Did you tell your wife. I am reading through the threads and just really tryng to see how others are doing. I know when I wasn't posting regularly it was because I was doing ok onmy taper. Now I am done with the taper and riding the storm and needing all the support I can get. So, hoping I could give some support as well.
    Hugs,Tracey

Hey Denny, sorry its been so long since I checked in.
    I ended up dividing the sub I had and doing what you said to.
    I recently began taking my medications again, I am now on Cymbalta 30mg(up to 60mg in another week) instead of the Prozac as well as back on Adderall Tablets 20mg, both once daily.
    The Cymbalta has me a bit jittery, but overall much more level headed, the Adderall helps alot at work and school but I try to take as little as possible(I realize how addictive it can be), I still have days where I crave a "high" but I try to jsut focus on ANYTHING else
    I hope your doing well, again sorry its been a while, this process hasnt been easy(still isnt) and I didnt want you thinking I "went out" again, Im trying to be strong, I cant thank you enough for being here to keep me honest when I needed it, Thanks Denny!!

Quote Originally Posted by what456 View Post
    Wondering how you are doing Matthew. Did you make it through. Did you tell your wife. I am reading through the threads and just really tryng to see how others are doing. I know when I wasn't posting regularly it was because I was doing ok onmy taper. Now I am done with the taper and riding the storm and needing all the support I can get. So, hoping I could give some support as well.
    Hugs,Tracey
    Tracey,
    I am sorry you are dealing with this too. I did a VERY fast taper and it was hell, its still not fun. My wife and I are seperated now, no ill will or hatred, we are both trying to become stable people alone before we continue a marriage, I love her but I have hated myself for a long time and that has to stop before I can be a better Husband and Father.
    I started some mood stabilizers and adhd meds and they are helping a bit with the mental aspect of what we are dealing with, but the physical withdrawal and cravings are still there. One day at a time, its been one hour at a time some days.
    Also, a HUGE mental help to me has been my trusty 12 step Daily Reflections book, I read it every morning and every day on my lunch break.

STAY STRONG TRACEY YOU DESERVE TO BE A BETTER, WHOLE PERSON AGAIN, YOU CAN DO THIS!!

what456 is offline Junior Member

Tracey,
    I am sorry you are dealing with this too. I did a VERY fast taper and it was hell, its still not fun. My wife and I are seperated now, no ill will or hatred, we are both trying to become stable people alone before we continue a marriage, I love her but I have hated myself for a long time and that has to stop before I can be a better Husband and Father.
    I started some mood stabilizers and adhd meds and they are helping a bit with the mental aspect of what we are dealing with, but the physical withdrawal and cravings are still there. One day at a time, its been one hour at a time some days.
    Also, a HUGE mental help to me has been my trusty 12 step Daily Reflections book, I read it every morning and every day on my lunch break.

STAY STRONG TRACEY YOU DESERVE TO BE A BETTER, WHOLE PERSON AGAIN, YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    I am trying. I really am. I just wish I could completely sleep through this and wake up when its over. But as we all know, who have gone through this, sleep doesn't come easy. I am going to try 10mg of melatonin tonight instead of the unisom, which I have to take at least 9 to even sleep a little bit.
    So, I hope this will work.
    You sound like you have a good plan going and I am rooting for you. I think you sound like a pretty amazing person! Keep going!